1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergey Kovalev v Saul Canelo Alvarez 2/11/19 Sky Sports/DAZN

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ward seems happy in retirement, but would he return for a Canelo clash at 175 or Cruiser?
    That would be rubbish.
    Now see a Manfredo Jr comeback is what I would call rubbish.
    All retired fighters should stay retired, Ward beating Canelo proves what? He's already considered a modern great and if Canelo wins he gets no respect for beating an old man.

Let the young guys have a chance. Canelo has half-a-dozen prime guys he's 50-50 with.
    I think it would be huge for Ward but not so much for Canelo. It’s a lose-lose fight for Canelo. If he wins, Ward is old and retired and if he loses, it proves that he isn’t the best.

If Ward can come back and beat Canelo convincingly, then that just puts another feather in his cap on how great he is.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight only sold 10,005 tickets

Being on DAZN in front of NOBODY might be starting to catch up with Clenelo

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lee Wylie on the button again

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sergey Kovalev insults fans who thought he could beat Canelo
    Kovalev has claimed having consecutive camps in short succession (two for the rescheduled Anthony Yarde fight and one for Canelo) made his KO defeat a foregone conclusion.

He hit back at critical boxing fans on social media: “Given the conditions, it was impossible to win.

“You are ignoramuses since you thought I could win.

“I climbed into this weight with torment & sleepless nights. Because it was a financially interesting offer”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...s-eddie-hearn/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sergey Kovalev insults fans who thought he could beat Canelo
    Kovalev has claimed having consecutive camps in short succession (two for the rescheduled Anthony Yarde fight and one for Canelo) made his KO defeat a foregone conclusion.

He hit back at critical boxing fans on social media: “Given the conditions, it was impossible to win.

“You are ignoramuses since you thought I could win.

“I climbed into this weight with torment & sleepless nights. Because it was a financially interesting offer”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...s-eddie-hearn/

Some fans (NOT me) "thought Kov could win"........... and THEY'RE the ignoramuses?

Sooooo...... Kov not only had knowledgeable boxing fans (like me) not giving him a snowball's chance in hell to beat Canelo under the given conditions....... but Kovalev HIMSELF knew he would lose??

This shit just keeps on getting better and better.

Kinda clashes a bit with Canelo's "I'm a legend" proclamations...... if not just outright flies in the face of what Canelo's fans were hoping would be the cherry on top of the ice cream. ("Cherry" being the operative word).

So, how was the live gate for that fight again?

Some boxing fans can be a bit naive, but even the blindest screaming fan can only be "had" a dozen few times before they start to come around.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is no secret that Kovalev had minimum prep time, but you would have hoped he would go out with a bang and see if he could hurt Canelo a little bit. He boxed interestingly and many had him up at the stoppage, so I think he is selling himself short there. All he had to do was hold it together a couple more rounds to be robbed on the cards.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems really strange that Kovalev would come out and say that, but I guess he wanted to wait until he got his money so that he could admit it was just a cash grab.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did it ever occur to you guys that the translation from Russian to English is totally out of context? The same idiot boxing sites/youtubers spreading all the "dive" nonsense are providing you this "truth."

Come on boys.

It's just a fighter saying he wasn't at his best, for various reasons, but couldn't refuse the payday. Standard excuses.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Russian to English translation out of context".... That's a good one.

I've never believed or claimed Kov took a dive... that's not even debatable IMO. However, just as laughable/ludicrous is the notion that Kov had his old Krusher mindset before or during the fight. Granted, that notion would help Canelo's quest at (cough) "legend" status... but alas that wasn't even a shell of the Kovalev we had grown accostumed to seeing. Knowledgeable fans will see through the charade for what it was...... fanboys will see the same old Krusher of the past, destroyed by the Mexican "legend".

Movie rights are being negotiated as we speak.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez has blunt assessment of Jorge Masvidal callout: It's about 'money ... and nothing else'

The 2017 Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor boxing match was a farce.

It was a lucrative farce that drew 4.3 million pay-per-view buys and more than $600 million in revenue, the second-highest pay-per-view draw in fight history.

But it was a farce nonetheless. People who bought the fight were either duped into believing it was a legitimate matchup or knew that McGregor stood no chance in a boxing ring against Mayweather and tuned in for the spectacle regardless.

So why would an MMA fighter subject himself to a potential beating in a fight he can’t win? Well, the money of course.

It’s not a reality that’s often publicly acknowledged in the fight game. But with MMA fighter Jorge Masvidal of BMF-belt fame expressing interest in taking on Canelo Alvarez in the ring, the four-weight boxing champion had a blunt assessment of Masvidal’s callout.

It’s a money grab. And he’s not interested.

The Mexican boxing champion didn’t say those exact words. But that was the gist of his interview with Little Giant Boxing conducted in his native Spanish.

“I say this with all respect. If I go into his sport, I have nothing to do there,” Alvarez said, per an MMA Junkie translation. “And I think the same about boxing. If (MMA fighters) come into boxing, they have nothing to do here.

“But looking at it from a business standpoint, it is attractive, but it’s not a challenge for me, so it’s not my priority.”

Notice Alvarez didn’t slam the door shut on the idea, noting that “it’s not my priority.” But he had a blunt assessment of the growing callouts from MMA fighters to get in the ring.

“Because of money – because of the business and nothing else,” Alvarez said. “That’s the reality, because what else? They would’ve started boxing from the beginning if they really liked boxing.”

Masvidal, a 35-year-old who spent years in the fight game before gaining national attention, has reached a point in his career where his name is a draw.

It makes sense that he’d want to cash in on a big payday while he can.

But for now, Alvarez doesn’t sound interested. And he’s not afraid to call out Masvidal’s challenge for what it is.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...025828499.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little reminder what kind of trash Kovalev is(keep in mind this is not his only sexual assault accusation) and read the details of how badly he allegedly hurt this woman. Keeping in mind the injuries absolutely happened, the only thing to be decided is if she broke all these bones herself or if he did it.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...case-postponed

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Little reminder what kind of trash Kovalev is(keep in mind this is not his only sexual assault accusation) and read the details of how badly he allegedly hurt this woman. Keeping in mind the injuries absolutely happened, the only thing to be decided is if she broke all these bones herself or if he did it.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...case-postponed
    It’s insane that this trial has been postponed for so long. This is a very serious matter. The judicial system is a joke.

Thread Information