Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  84
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

In homage to the film thread.

Giri/Haji - A Japanese/London drama/thriller about two brothers caught in the Yakuza/London crime world crossover. It's not some silly hard man shit, it's all about family, loyalty, culture clash, relationships, a bit "arty" (not in a bad way, in an Inception way without the confusion).

Peaky Blinders series 5 - If there's ever been anything better than this drama I don't believe it (first season of True Detective aside). The mixing of real life characters with fiction is superb - Churchill, Mosley, fascists, toffs. It's worth watching just for the sets and soundtrack alone (Nick Cave).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

I see that peaky blunder on Netflix, haven’t started watching it yet as I see it has 5 seasons and I don’t know if I can jump ahead and it’ll still make sense. I was able to watch the last season of game of thrones last week. IMO it was one of the grandest shows made thus far.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The closest to watching a TV series but not really a box set is Big Bang. Nothing else.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Treadstone is pretty good, based on the group/ project that created Jason Bourne.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finished The Wire which was great. Started Better call Saul this week and surprisingly bingeable if not relatable .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I see that peaky blunder on Netflix, haven’t started watching it yet as I see it has 5 seasons and I don’t know if I can jump ahead and it’ll still make sense. I was able to watch the last season of game of thrones last week. IMO it was one of the grandest shows made thus far.
    I have that problem with highly rated series too, if they're too far in I can't be bothered to even start them. I wouldn't recommend Peaky Blinders without seeing the story/character development.

Game of Thrones was so convoluted I never had a clue what was happening from one series to the next.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were a lot of characters in game of thrones and even the main characters were getting killed it was difficult to remember who was doing what to whom. They jumped around a lot which didn’t help but the cinematography was so damn well done. It was beautiful to watch. I’ve always enjoyed castles and knights and what not so it was great for me. Deadwood was great as well.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I wouldn't recommend Peaky Blinders without seeing the story/character development.
    I got board with Peaky Blinders.

I’ve always enjoyed castles and knights and what not so it was great for me.
    You'll be interested in the prequel 'House of The Dragon' they are planning then.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it difficult to watch TV 'properly' now. I don't think I could wait for a Monday night to come around to watch my favourite show for an hour then repeat. The last time I did that was season 5 of Line of duty, I binged 1 - 4. Awesome program about a police anti corruption unit, investigating separate crimes but all intertwined with one another that lead back to the top of the police force.

Just watched living with yourself. Paul Rudd goes to a weird strip mall spa that promises to sort out all his life problems. They do that by cloning him and bumping off the original, but the original doesn't die, so now there's two of them. It was OK. Short punchy episodes, but they tended to spend a fair bit of time recounting the previous episode in the next so it felt like there wasn't a lot of forward movement.

I tried game of thrones but it was too difficult to not know exactly what was happening way ahead of where I was so binned it off.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not mind watching the Paul Rudd one. I saw him promote that and they showed a clip which looked good.

I watch Apprentice every week but nothing else that religiously.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started Giri\Haji - not bad so far

Did Top Boy - excellent. Don't make the mistake some are making and watch the new series before the previous 2 (now called Top Boy : Summerhouse)

Jack Ryan season 2 is out today and I still need to finish Stranger Things 3 and Bosch 5.

Netflix is like having homework hanging over you at times.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I binged Line of Duty too after the hype earlier in the year. How the funk we ever watched anything at weekly intervals is beyond ridiculous, I have to rewatch the last 10 minutes of every episode just to know where i'm at.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Netflix is releasing 43 new shows this month. They really need to work now with Apple and Disney coming. i think that 43 is movies and shows. Netflix is making their own game of thrones type thingy. It’s funny, Netflix started with two guys trying to figure out if DVD’s could make it through the mail. By the way Apple officially releases today.

I don’t like the binging thing, I got sucked into it with a couple shows but I literally felt like I had a hangover at the end.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to love the postal DVD services. It started to become more about how quickly you could get the fuckers ripped and sent back to get some more, rather than actually watching anything.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forgot about Power. Am on the last series of that now but its run its course. Hope this is the last.

Watching series on terrestrial TV now and having to wait a week is a proper ball ache. Can't see that lasting another 12 months
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information