Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  84
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Going through a 80's phase with my sons. They have watched Back to the Future, Goonies, Goodfellas, Groundhog Day etc but just finished Star Trek Next Generation series and the late great comedian genius Bill Hicks.

Awesome. Love Bill Hicks. My Mrs must have watched all 3 Back to the Futures about 100 times, just recently finished reading the Nicholas Pileggi book Goodfellas is based on ( hell of a book, hell of a film) and my Step-son has got into watching Generations and now Picard.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Going through a 80's phase with my sons. They have watched Back to the Future, Goonies, Goodfellas, Groundhog Day etc but just finished Star Trek Next Generation series and the late great comedian genius Bill Hicks.

Awesome. Love Bill Hicks. My Mrs must have watched all 3 Back to the Futures about 100 times, just recently finished reading the Nicholas Pileggi book Goodfellas is based on ( hell of a book, hell of a film) and my Step-son has got into watching Generations and now Picard.
    I will be starting the Picard series too with my son.

We have also started watching the black and white original Twilight Zone.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finished new season of The Mandalorian. It definitely has mastered the cutesy and the violent mash up. On a very side note can I just say the IG should not be used as a zombie toy for Grogu . I thought they were actually going to bring him back.

With the writers strike going forward I wonder how quick the impact will be seen for many new shows now.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Manga series including Re:Zero where the main character is going through an adventure in another world and each times he dies he goes back to a particular point and time to have another go.

Jujutsu Kaisen is a Manga series where the main character joins a secret organisation of Jujutsu Sorcerers to eliminate powerful Curses in Tokyo.

The Picard series are good and glad I re-watched the series and movies as it is a continuation of them.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

silo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a sucker for westerns so couple of friends are pushing "1883" on me. Have to check it out. Into the 4th episode of The Last of us. Such immersive environments and it's just shot perfectly. Both leads are great. Pedro Pascal is blowing up and to date has been great in the series I've seen. Save for GOT where it ended too soon..he should have seen that coming
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-23-2023 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm a sucker for westerns so couple of friends are pushing "1883" on me. Have to check it out. Into the 4th episode of The Last of us. Such immersive environments and it's just shot perfectly. Both leads are great. Pedro Pascal is blowing up and to date has been great in the series I've seen. Save for GOT where it ended too soon..he should have seen that coming
    i preferred nineteen twenty three to eighteen eight three, mainly because there was so much truth in it. both were a good watch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the Matt Walsh "What is a Woman?" documentary on a Twitter feed sent to me.

Was not surprised that it is NOT available on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or HBO Max.

Was kind of hoping Disney+ would air it.

The doc was quite good, I think. I thought Matt was sensitive and truly inquisitive in a good way. Yet interviewees have a way of "hanging themselves" over the course of an interview. "Truth" is as difficult a subject for them as the question posed in the title of the documentary.

Given all this, it's no wonder CENSORSHIP has shut down this documentary from most if not all popular streaming sites.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the bear season two is really good

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finished 2 seasons of Intelligence which is a British sitcom that stars David Schwimmer (who played Ross in Friends). The first few episodes were very funny, and Nick Mohammed is plays a great character that gets made fun of throughout the series. Nick also stars in Ted Lasso and is famous for his character he created Mr Swallow who was also in 8 out of 10.

Nearly completed Last of Us which is very good and hard hitting. My son says it is very close to the game. @palmerq I hate you for episode 3.

The latest Man like Mobeen was not as good as previous series but they were of a high standard.

Always watch Have I got a bit more News for you. Hislop and Merton are very quick witted.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finished 2 seasons of Intelligence which is a British sitcom that stars David Schwimmer (who played Ross in Friends). The first few episodes were very funny, and Nick Mohammed is plays a great character that gets made fun of throughout the series. Nick also stars in Ted Lasso and is famous for his character he created Mr Swallow who was also in 8 out of 10.

Nearly completed Last of Us which is very good and hard hitting. My son says it is very close to the game. @palmerq I hate you for episode 3.

The latest Man like Mobeen was not as good as previous series but they were of a high standard.

Always watch Have I got a bit more News for you. Hislop and Merton are very quick witted.
    Is that the Ron Swanson one? It's very good but brutal stuff.

I do like how they set up the ending too, it wasn't what I expected but it was filmed and acted very well i thought. Looking forward to the next season.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    couldn't get into that. Maybe I should give it another go
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    couldn't get into that. Maybe I should give it another go
    it's not the normal type of show i like but the acting is pretty good & it has some deep themes. the chrismas episode if you get that far, was very tense knowing the outcome of the brother (jon bernthal)

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

I do like how they set up the ending too, it wasn't what I expected but it was filmed and acted very well i thought. Looking forward to the next season.
    Just caught that one ep 3 myself and agree. Did not see that end twist coming. Not sure about the 10 ? year time jump, no way they would not have been overrun with scavengers or infected by then

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

Just caught that one ep 3 myself and agree. Did not see that end twist coming. Not sure about the 10 ? year time jump, no way they would not have been overrun with scavengers or infected by then
    sorry disliked your post by accident, was supposed to be a like

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information