Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  84
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

The Last Dance - Jordan, Bulls, 6th championship season and a look back at Jordan's career. Loved it from start to finish. I'm not even a basketball fan as such, don't watch it at all now but that Bulls dynasty was kinda globally impossible to ignore. I remember channel 4 I think used to do basketball on Sundays and me along with everyone I knew we're glued to it. Personally I never really understood the game as a whole, it was all about Jordan and how incredible he was. That much was true, he was and is a proper bonafide sporting great. Watching the documentary you get a better understanding of the team and the components that make the whole, the importance of Pippen, Rodman, Jackson etc, but even in their words it was all about Jordan and how he dragged a shit team from the gutter and turned them into a multi championship winning team and global icon. Great stuff.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The Last Dance - Jordan, Bulls, 6th championship season and a look back at Jordan's career. Loved it from start to finish. I'm not even a basketball fan as such, don't watch it at all now but that Bulls dynasty was kinda globally impossible to ignore. I remember channel 4 I think used to do basketball on Sundays and me along with everyone I knew we're glued to it. Personally I never really understood the game as a whole, it was all about Jordan and how incredible he was. That much was true, he was and is a proper bonafide sporting great. Watching the documentary you get a better understanding of the team and the components that make the whole, the importance of Pippen, Rodman, Jackson etc, but even in their words it was all about Jordan and how he dragged a shit team from the gutter and turned them into a multi championship winning team and global icon. Great stuff.
    Michael Jordan: NBA legend's trainers sell for record $560,000

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/52701194
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started re watching Lost again. Not entirely sure why as I recall in the late stages of series it really got a bit whacky.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Save Me - Save Me Too - Dude goes on the hunt for his estranged daughter after she's groomed and snatched by nonces. Currently two series, not sure if there will be any more. It was alright. Main issue with it was even though
    spoiler
    I still thought he was a right prick. His ability along with many people around him to spend most nights in the boozer whilst having no job was to be applauded though. Must be a London thing. All the Eastenders mob do it. Not sure where it can go if it comes back. Getting deeper into the web would be good but it's just a daft bloke knocking on doors. Not sure how far that will get him at the deeper end of the cesspool he dipped his toe into.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Just finished up Deadwood. It was extremely well done. Very well written

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez - Mini documentary on Netflix about the abuse and eventual murder of Gabriel Fernandez by his 'mother' and mothers boyfriend. Also detailing the systemic failures of the law enforcement and social care systems that failed him so miserably. I love a legal doc as you know especially the legal/courtroom element of it but this was something else. Pure evil, no other description for it. I was slightly surprised to see that his step father stayed alive for the four months between verdict and sentencing. That's not really a spoiler. There's no question of guilt here. I've never really heard a judge talk to a defendant the way he did these two. Essentially telling them that he hoped they lived the rest of their days in agony. I agree totally. I hope they suffer some of the abuse they dished out.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez - Mini documentary on Netflix about the abuse and eventual murder of Gabriel Fernandez by his 'mother' and mothers boyfriend. Also detailing the systemic failures of the law enforcement and social care systems that failed him so miserably. I love a legal doc as you know especially the legal/courtroom element of it but this was something else. Pure evil, no other description for it. I was slightly surprised to see that his step father stayed alive for the four months between verdict and sentencing. That's not really a spoiler. There's no question of guilt here. I've never really heard a judge talk to a defendant the way he did these two. Essentially telling them that he hoped they lived the rest of their days in agony. I agree totally. I hope they suffer some of the abuse they dished out.
    I watched that, it was some sick shit those people did. Just a massive failure on an overtaxed system. Disgusting to see.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I watched that, it was some sick shit those people did. Just a massive failure on an overtaxed system. Disgusting to see.
    Really fills me with a great sense of relief knowing that the police are to be defunded and replaced with Social Workers et al. I mean SURELY there aren't failures by them right?

I'm watching Black Sails now, I think plenty of folks would enjoy that.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

utopia. that was a good show
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I too know nothing about Basketball so was hesitant about this but absolutely loved it. Fantastic insight into not just a ruthless genius player (as most greats in all sports are), team members and management but also gave an appreciation of just how huge this sport is in America compared to boxing. They have predominantly white crowds packing out huge arenas whilst worshiping black players (the complete opposite for boxing). Proper A-list celebs looked coy around the players/staff. And considering it was the 90s the soundtrack is terrific.

Few things - I was surprised how "short" Jordan looked compared to most other players. Surprised how much boozing, smoking, gambling and partying went on for "athletes." Jordan has yellow eyes yet liver disease has been denied. I can see why they had huge gambling controversies too. And Dennis Rodman deserved a series all for himself, a genuine "humble" eccentric cruising through life giving no fucks about anything.

Funny the sport never took off over here even though they swapped all the football cages for basketball ones on London council estates/parks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Netflix is playing the original star trek series. I was never a Trekkie but I’ve been watching episodes when I can. They are cheesy but fun to watch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Netflix is playing the original star trek series. I was never a Trekkie but I’ve been watching episodes when I can. They are cheesy but fun to watch.
    Generation is better.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Generation is better.
    Is that the one with Patrick Stuart? I’m very unlearned with start trek.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Generation is better.
    Is that the one with Patrick Stuart? I’m very unlearned with start trek.
    Yes it is but their movies were not very good.

Voyager is another excellent series.

The new films with Chris Pine are good.

Thread Information