Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WBSS Season 3

There have been rumors that season 3 may feature the heavies.

What weights and fighters would you be interested in?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBSS Season 3

Heavyweights would be a very good thing but can it happen?

If it makes the best fighters fight one another then welterweights otherwise middleweight or light heavyweight tidy up would be good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Heavyweights would be a very good thing but can it happen?

If it makes the best fighters fight one another then welterweights otherwise middleweight or light heavyweight tidy up would be good.
    I heard that Whyte was going to be the #1 seed, so I guess guys like Ruiz, Joshua, Wilder and Fury wouldn't be included.

Welter would be nice.

I could see them doing a woman's division (I hope I'm wrong).
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like a HW tournament only if it included all of the best HWs. If Whyte is #1 seed, then I’m not really that interested. Welterweight is the same. There would be awesome match ups, but there is no way you are getting the best welters to be in it. Either featherweight or super featherweight are probably the best realistic weights that it could happen in. I actually wouldn’t mind a middleweight one even without Canelo or GGG. Let the others fight it out and forget about those two.

Speaking of this, when is the cruiserweight final supposed to be? Supposedly Briedis and Glowacki are mandated to have a rematch after the controversial ending.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I would like a HW tournament only if it included all of the best HWs. If Whyte is #1 seed, then I’m not really that interested. Welterweight is the same. There would be awesome match ups, but there is no way you are getting the best welters to be in it. Either featherweight or super featherweight are probably the best realistic weights that it could happen in. I actually wouldn’t mind a middleweight one even without Canelo or GGG. Let the others fight it out and forget about those two.

Speaking of this, when is the cruiserweight final supposed to be? Supposedly Briedis and Glowacki are mandated to have a rematch after the controversial ending.
    This was back in April, so things would have changed by now. Other names were the Derek Chisora vs Joseph Parker winner, Daniel Dubois, Filip Hrgovic.

I don't mind as long as the fights are competitive, it can help to create contenders and raise profiles.

Glowacki was the one holding it up. Hopefully he will wait and fight the winner of the final.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Agree on all counts.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We've had three of the four semi finalists in a heavyweight tournament for some time. Then came Andy Ruiz and took the fourth spot. Beyond that there isn't really much to sort out. The only X factor I suppose is Usyk, two weight Ali trophy winner sounds good.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heavyweight would be good but it always seems to double the political blockades too. Maybe it's just the brighter lights on them. Have to think Ruiz winning would make it easier to see best v best and Wilder and Ortiz followed by Fury are set to sort things out again. There are enough decent up and comers to second tier it with Dubois, Hrgovic, Joyce, Ajagba maybe a Kownacki. Big juicer Miller coming back and Whyte and the arrival of Usyk. There really are some promising what ifs that would be solid. Lightweight could use a real sharpening and be great if Mikey was to return but that ship has sailed. All in all after a few bumps the WBSS has really delivered the goods.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jr. Flyweight wish please

Thread Information