Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default We're disrespecting Terence Crawford

All of this loma and spence jr talk is disrespectful. stop it!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: We're disrespecting Terence Crawford

In a way it feels like Crawford was bigger maxing out his hometown crowds. I do believe Arum has proven to be his anchor and he needs to cut free. The odd thing is a 41 yr old Manny has done more or at least run equal to what 'the two best' have managed in a year.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bud has great potential and skills, but I’m not convinced he’s the monster everyone else makes him out to be. His most notable (I hesitate to say impressive) wins are against Horn, Gamboa, and Khan. Horn was rugged but given a robbery over Manny, Gamboa was running circles around him until the size differential proved too much, and Khan was damaged goods.

Not saying Crawford won’t turn out to be a truly great fighter and p4p talent, I just can’t see how you can rank him over guys like Loma, Canelo, Usyk...etc., when they have faced and beaten superior competition. Agree that Arum and TR are likely preventing Bud from facing top competition around his weight, but he doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Once he beats a top guy at 147 I will feel more comfortable with him being such a highly rated fighter. I can’t help remember how unbeatable Donald Curry looked until he faced top/elite competition....

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The cobra had 6 defences unified the division and beat a then undefeated Marlon Starling (twice) and McCrory.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm getting a feeling we are treating CRawford like we did Mayweather for a long while. Let us not end up like Larry Merchant and his biased hating on greatness, hyping up second tier top talent... and dissing the man.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I'm getting a feeling we are treating CRawford like we did Mayweather for a long while. Let us not end up like Larry Merchant and his biased hating on greatness, hyping up second tier top talent... and dissing the man.
    Floyd beat the great Genaro Hernandez and undefeated, p4p ranked Diego Corrales, in addition to Jesus Chavez (undefeated), Carlos Famoso Hernandez, tough Justin Juuko, and excellent Angel Manfredy at 130 (his first weight class). That is, by far, MUCH better co petition than Bud has faced in all three of his weight classes combined. Bud is a solid fighter, but at this point he shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath/sentence as Floyd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is ruining his career with Top rank and for some reason he isn’t bothered..looks as though he’s happy he will never fight Spence..all he does is talk “that other side of the road” bollocks.

Spence should get the bigger percentage as he is fighting the better opponents and has x2 of the belts..Crawford tied himself into a long contract for top rank for this reason.

This is the same Crawford that told Joe rogan that even without Spence he is in the hall of fame..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Floyd beat the great Genaro Hernandez and undefeated, p4p ranked Diego Corrales, in addition to Jesus Chavez (undefeated), Carlos Famoso Hernandez, tough Justin Juuko, and excellent Angel Manfredy at 130 (his first weight class). That is, by far, MUCH better co petition than Bud has faced in all three of his weight classes combined. Bud is a solid fighter, but at this point he shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath/sentence as Floyd.
    I'm with that too but the only thing in fairness to Crawford is Mayweather being groomed out of the Olympics. Surely both guys had top skills that shined but on totally different platforms. At the same point in first 5 years Mayweather was headlining major HBO cards for a couple of Million while Crawford was coming in on 3 days notice for 100K to ride a Brandon Rios undercard.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm with that too but the only thing in fairness to Crawford is Mayweather being groomed out of the Olympics. Surely both guys had top skills that shined but on totally different platforms. At the same point in first 5 years Mayweather was headlining major HBO cards for a couple of Million while Crawford was coming in on 3 days notice for 100K to ride a Brandon Rios undercard.
    More reason why I feel I’m not disrespecting Crawford by not ranking him in my top 4 or 5 p4p at this time. I don’t doubt his skills at all, and can see him ascending to be the top p4p guy one day. Just think it is ludicrous to say he is hands down the number one p4p and it is disrespectful if you don’t rank him that high. He has to face and beat elite competition before I rank him over guys who have been fighting and beating killers.

Crawford doesn’t make my top 5 yet. Think about it, Manny at 40 just beat a guy light years better than anyone Crawford has ever faced. Just in his weight class Spence, Porter, Thurman, Manny, and Danny Garcia have all faced MUCH tougher competition. He doesn’t deserve to be number one or two at this point.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why p4p is a crock of shit in my opinion. Personally , I think it’s a toss up between Inoue and Crawford and perhaps Loma who is the best Boxer on the planet.
    However, if you had to pick a p4p no.1 at the moment, it probably has to be Canelo. 4 weight World Champion with more “names” on his record than all the rest put together!
    Now we all know that behind the “facts” there are mitigating factors.
    But the problem is with p4p ratings, there’s no hard and fast rule of thumb. It’s all about what you like or dislike.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is why p4p is a crock of shit in my opinion. Personally , I think it’s a toss up between Inoue and Crawford and perhaps Loma who is the best Boxer on the planet.
    However, if you had to pick a p4p no.1 at the moment, it probably has to be Canelo. 4 weight World Champion with more “names” on his record than all the rest put together!
    But the problem is with p4p ratings, there’s no hard and fast rule of thumb. It’s all about what you like or dislike.
    I would have Usyk above both Crawford and Loma, or at least in the mix.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I would have Usyk above both Crawford and Loma, or at least in the mix.
    You very VERY feel?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    More reason why I feel I’m not disrespecting Crawford by not ranking him in my top 4 or 5 p4p at this time. I don’t doubt his skills at all, and can see him ascending to be the top p4p guy one day. Just think it is ludicrous to say he is hands down the number one p4p and it is disrespectful if you don’t rank him that high. He has to face and beat elite competition before I rank him over guys who have been fighting and beating killers.

Crawford doesn’t make my top 5 yet. Think about it, Manny at 40 just beat a guy light years better than anyone Crawford has ever faced. Just in his weight class Spence, Porter, Thurman, Manny, and Danny Garcia have all faced MUCH tougher competition. He doesn’t deserve to be number one or two at this point.
    Yeh I don't see a disrespect to Crawford either that's a case for Crawford and Arum to prover otherwise. I've always looked at p4p and the whole subjective cluster as more of a marketing tag and in regards to Mayweather and Crawford was talking of how they arrived. For me p4p boils mainly down to opposition and consistency and though Crawford clearly has top notch skill it has yet to fully shine as bright compared to Usyk or a Loma.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=mikeeod;1534445][QUOTE=Spicoli;1534294][QUOTE=mikeeod;1534084]
    I
    So True.

Crawford hasn’t touched any of the top dogs at 147 and I think there’s no reason why a 40 year old Pac couldn't beat him..Crawford has went down in my estimation and needs to have 3 fights in 2020...Spence, Porter/Garcia, Pac/Thurman.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=imp;1535020][QUOTE=mikeeod;1534445][QUOTE=Spicoli;1534294]
    I
    So True.

Crawford hasn’t touched any of the top dogs at 147 and I think there’s no reason why a 40 year old Pac couldn't beat him..Crawford has went down in my estimation and needs to have 3 fights in 2020...Spence, Porter/Garcia, Pac/Thurman.
    “No reason”, I can think of 1 very definitive reason Manny cannot beat him. Manny won’t fight him. Crawford begged for the fight for years, Bob approached Manny about it repeatedly, Manny always refused.

Boxing is so messed up where guys that turn down fights are elevated above the fighters they turned down.

Thread Information