It seems the consensus is that Kovalev was up by between 2 to 6 points with a few arguing it was even. Nobody had Canelo up. I still think Kovalev fought a strange fight and something about it all felt a bit off for me. I can understand wanting to use a jab, but only the jab and not jab to the body more and not to use it with any degree of force at all?

Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Was Kovalev gun shy after being hurt again in the last fight and being stopped a year before that too? Was he scared about his stamina? If so it is strange as Canelo has stamina issues and if pounded to the body or head would have had to take note himself. I won't say fix, but it was odd and even with that oddness Kovalev was still winning the fight handily by sparring and seemingly not trying to hurt his opponent.

He seemed too happy before and after and maybe he is at peace and was happy with the payday and knows his time is up. I hope it wasn't the case, but it would have been nice to see some intensity and to try a few different looks. It was a weird latter day Wlad style showing. Effective, but kind of underwhelming.