Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York City shipping 13,500 homeless people to Puerto Rico and across the USA

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default New York City shipping 13,500 homeless people to Puerto Rico and across the USA

More than 13,000 homeless people in New York City were sent to live in Puerto Rico and across the country in 32 states, as part of a “special one-time assistance programme”.

The report, published on Tuesday in the New York Post, says the city sent 6,074 homeless families, a total of 13,482 people, to 373 cities nationwide and 4 cities in Puerto Rico, costing its taxpayers $89m (£69m).

The city has reportedly shelled out tens of thousands of dollars on everything from travel to home furnishing for the relocated homeless families, though it has not disclosed the specific cost breakdown for such expenditures.

The New York City Department of Homeless Services has defended the programme while noting the apparent savings it yields by sending homeless families to live elsewhere, according to the paper.

Whereas the average annual cost of rent for a relocated family amounts to a reported $17,563 (£13,61, the city pays about $41,000 to house each family living in its shelters.

Still, there are some elements to Mayor Bill de Blasio’s programme that has sparked controversy among critics.

While the majority of families who receive the city’s relocation assistance move out-of-state, the New York Post reported that 35 per cent of recipients “move within city limits” where they spend more on rent than the reported costs for the average relocated family.

What’s more, hundreds have ended up back in shelters across New York.

Some recipients told the newspaper conditions in their relocated apartments were “completely unlivable”.

“We could not stay there any longer,” Sade Collington, whose family moved to an apartment in New Jersey that reportedly had no heat, water or electricity, told the New York Post.

“We went to a shelter for another six months,” she added.

The New York City Department of Investigation reportedly said it discovered “several vulnerabilities” in the relocation assistance programme which included “an inability to hold participating landlords and real estate brokers accountable”.

The New York State Senate has also launched an investigation into the programme.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New York City shipping 13,500 homeless people to Puerto Rico and across the USA

This is a hideous act and it shows how far the US sanctuary cities have sunk.

Roughly translated we don’t want to deal with it. We’ll talk a good game but pass the buck and pretend we care and actually did something

ReplyReplies (12674
    Richard
    Richard37 minutes ago
    I live in Florida and see busses of Transients from other states. They are given free bus tickets and the allure of warmer weather.

ReplyReplies (5)1073
    Haupia
    Haupia22 minutes ago
    So what's going to prevent NYC's homeless from RETURNING to NYC?

ReplyReplies (5)401
    robert
    robert25 minutes ago
    don't fix the problem, just move them and let someone else have the burden. typical demoncraptic attitude

Reply612
    Bill the Avenger
    Bill the Avenger35 minutes ago
    But, but Gov Cuomo and Mayor deB. always sound so compassionate. How can this be? They should be invoiced for taking care of their problems.

ReplyReplies (4)1302
    MIKE
    MIKE39 minutes ago
    "has defended the programme while noting the apparent savings it yields by sending homeless families to live elsewhere"...….Gotta love liberal so-called "solutions"...….create the problem, and then pay to dump that problem somewhere else, and then congratulate yourselves for a job well done.

ReplyReplies (7)1758
    julina
    julina32 minutes ago
    Ok if my mortgage is 1700 per month, and they are getting 3400 per month to relocate I think I'm going quit my job become homeless and be relocated for free this way I can live a retired life early

Reply351
    Marsha
    Marsha22 minutes ago
    I thought the Governor & Mayor were so compassionate. They always talk about helping the homeless and how much they care. Ahhhhhhhh, those Democrats just can't tell the truth.

ReplyReplies (1)26
    Supreme Leader
    Supreme Leader34 minutes ago
    Remember the uproar when DJT was "sending" Illegal Border Jumpers to Sanctuary cities?

ReplyReplies (14611

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New York City shipping 13,500 homeless people to Puerto Rico and across the USA

What are they doing with the homeless in Paris?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Well I can tell you that an INSEE study from 2016 found that 14% of French homeless people have a university education and one in ten have a high school diploma, and thats thing you should know is that educational level is no longer a guarantee of stability. Most shocking of all pour me as a Frenchman, an average of 480 homeless people have died in the streets of France every year, though the exact figure could be 3,000.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Well I can tell you that an INSEE study from 2016 found that 14% of French homeless people have a university education and one in ten have a high school diploma, and thats thing you should know is that educational level is no longer a guarantee of stability. Most shocking of all pour me as a Frenchman, an average of 480 homeless people have died in the streets of France every year, though the exact figure could be 3,000.
    Cool story bro.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why can they not stay in New York? What am I missing? Why sre they being sent to these locations rather than given support where they live?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No more funding in nyc

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I won't getting inuslt by that comment of you, but true is that's there is racism here. Lyons especialment has it and also in south.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I won't getting inuslt by that comment of you, but true is that's there is racism here. Lyons especialment has it and also in south.
    Cool story bro.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf to anser youre question, I read that New York city doesnt has enough money to housing those homeless, so, it cost too high to pay for them medical cover and rent and food and room/board, and all that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf to anser youre question, I read that New York city doesnt has enough money to housing those homeless, so, it cost too high to pay for them medical cover and rent and food and room/board, and all that.
    Cool story bro.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems that they thin is cheaper to ship them to PuertoRico and 32 American states, for that rent and food costs I guess.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems that they thin is cheaper to ship them to PuertoRico and 32 American states, for that rent and food costs I guess.
    Cool story bro.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

New York, the home of Wall Street and luxury property cannot afford a few thousand homeless? Something amiss there.

If property in the West was not such a scam and they stopped importing people then maybe local people would stand a chance.

New York sounds like London. I am surprised Fenster can put up with London tbh. Must be well weird seeing your homeland invaded in real time.

Thread Information