Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  97
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Hey guys. Speaking of young people who care about our environment..... how about this guy?

https://grist.org/article/the-ocean-...-some-plastic/

"The Ocean Cleanup project finally cleaned up some plastic"

So Ocean Cleanup's founder was an 18-year old Dutch man, now 25. It's a non-profit that seeks to rid the world's oceans from plastic pollution. Here is a young man who actually went out and did something concrete. (Not throwing a jab at Greta here, as again... if nothing else she's got people talking/fighting about the environment). But Boyan (the CEO) saw there was a problem, and to his colossal credit actually went out and is attempting to do something about it. And it's about ocean pollution, something a lot more pressing to me than the other aspects of the environment.

I raised an eyebrow at this (from the article):

"The project has drawn criticism over the years from scientists who argue it provides false hope and is disruptive to marine life. All that money and effort would be better spent diverting the 8 million tons of plastic that enter the oceans every year, the thinking goes."

Shame on those scientists. Is it better to sit on your hands and do nothing? Diverting plastic garbage from entering the oceans is a wonderful ideal.... but does nothing to solve the problem of the plastics in the oceans now. Instead of criticizing someone who is actually DOING something, maybe they should get off their collective asses and help Boyan perfect his methods, so more garbage can be effectively removed. Meanwhile, diverting technology on rivers can go on in parallel. Why does it have to be one or the other? Narrow minds, I tell ya.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I wish you would SHUT the fuck up Larry bitch moan are you Artistic I wonder.?
    Brock is banned I wish you would go away and continue your preaching to those who give a fuck.
    You carry on like a bloody wet lettuce you have Brock on the bloody brain shit he is no puppet master pulling string's.
    Just because he makes you look a dick head with his vastly superior knowledge.
    I wonder if Brock every comes back ! he would see nothing changes only instead of Steve Miles Lyle and a few others have to put up with your shit������
    Yes I am both autistic and artistic. They for me are virtually inseparable. It is the refocusing of that tenaciousness that has enabled me to support my family and produce the portfolio that allows me to charge what I do.

Brock is still here mate. He is fatboxingfan. Ask him why he never admitted that to you.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's another naysayer.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...stic-pollution

Shooting down Boyan's efforts before they have a chance to come to fruition. It's easy to second guess players from up in the rafters.

A couple of tidbits from the article:

"No matter how well-intentioned and noble Ocean Cleanup’s pursuit may be, it’s time to listen to people who devote their lives to understanding these issues."

Yeah? Who are doing what, exactly? At some point, taking action is better than "devoting your life to understanding these issues." The guy should be applauded and supported, not torn down.

"It might encourage people to throw away more plastic than they already do because Ocean Cleanup might pick it up later on."

This here has to be one of the stupidest things I've seen in print.... and I've seen some doozies (remember... I've been here almost 15 years ).

"Even more important is supporting and enacting legislation that limits plastic production and waste. Recently, two bills failed in California’s Legislature that would have imposed the stiffest regulations on plastic waste in the country. These solutions might not seem as sexy as launching expensive gadgets at sea, but they work and for absolutely no cost whatsoever."

Uhh.... yeah, lady. Two bills FAILED. More sitting on our hands, but yet you can all criticize a young man who is actually trying to DO something about the problem. It may seem "quixotic" to you... but IMO, it beats talking the problem to death.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hey guys. Speaking of young people who care about our environment..... how about this guy?

https://grist.org/article/the-ocean-...-some-plastic/

"The Ocean Cleanup project finally cleaned up some plastic"

So Ocean Cleanup's founder was an 18-year old Dutch man, now 25. It's a non-profit that seeks to rid the world's oceans from plastic pollution. Here is a young man who actually went out and did something concrete. (Not throwing a jab at Greta here, as again... if nothing else she's got people talking/fighting about the environment). But Boyan (the CEO) saw there was a problem, and to his colossal credit actually went out and is attempting to do something about it. And it's about ocean pollution, something a lot more pressing to me than the other aspects of the environment.

I raised an eyebrow at this (from the article):

"The project has drawn criticism over the years from scientists who argue it provides false hope and is disruptive to marine life. All that money and effort would be better spent diverting the 8 million tons of plastic that enter the oceans every year, the thinking goes."

Shame on those scientists. Is it better to sit on your hands and do nothing? Diverting plastic garbage from entering the oceans is a wonderful ideal.... but does nothing to solve the problem of the plastics in the oceans now. Instead of criticizing someone who is actually DOING something, maybe they should get off their collective asses and help Boyan perfect his methods, so more garbage can be effectively removed. Meanwhile, diverting technology on rivers can go on in parallel. Why does it have to be one or the other? Narrow minds, I tell ya.
    It is a brilliant project and yes of course one thing or the other is just a classic cop out. Life is complex and there is no one answer to anything. That is the entire point of international things like the climate change conferences in America but also something that can be done on a macro level with things like the commons or community led approaches. It may sound hippy dippy to people but actually doing something as simple as planting a tree makes a big impact and often across generations. It is not always the parents that have to lead by example either. I have learned a lot from working with kids and young people, things that have had a massive effect on my career because they are not burdened by preconceptions and cynicism. It doesn't mean you have to pretend they are experts in everything, but like anyone else they really are unique and are capable of insights that may pass others by. That is the tragedy of the snowflake rhetoric, it misses the point entirely and just ends up being a resignation into defending the cop out of never changing oneself in response to an environment which is not even static in death.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Brock is banned I wish you would go away and continue your preaching to those who give a fuck.
    You carry on like a bloody wet lettuce you have Brock on the bloody brain shit he is no puppet master pulling string's.
    I wonder if Brock every comes back ! he would see nothing changes only instead of Steve Miles Lyle and a few others have to put up with your shit������
    Yes I am both autistic and artistic. They for me are virtually inseparable. It is the refocusing of that tenaciousness that has enabled me to support my family and produce the portfolio that allows me to charge what I do.

Brock is still here mate. He is fatboxingfan. Ask him why he never admitted that to you.
    My goodness. At least it is a step up from selling all your things while relying on your disabled wife's disability money. A man should work and even though you clearly work part time whence yet another day of extraordinarily long posts being aggressive towards others online due to your variety of frustrations, at least you can hold a camera and say 'I am a man that can hold a camera'. It is quite amazing.

Good for you. It shows that even the most vile, low sexual value types like you can do something and have a family of their own too. Care in the community and all that. We all find our place.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How in the world could a Brock ever come back. He was voted to be perma banned I thought I read it on a bathroom stall in a San Antonio truck stop so it has to be true .

On the whole 16 yr old activist thingy. Anyone see the mural painted in San Francisco? I swear they intentionally tried to make her look mid 30's or something.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

My goodness. At least it is a step up from selling all your things while relying on your disabled wife's disability money. A man should work and even though you clearly work part time whence yet another day of extraordinarily long posts being aggressive towards others online due to your variety of frustrations, at least you can hold a camera and say 'I am a man that can hold a camera'. It is quite amazing.

Good for you. It shows that even the most vile, low sexual value types like you can do something and have a family of their own too. Care in the community and all that. We all find our place.
    I have never once spent my Mrs money, quite the opposite. Pretty disgusting of you to repeat the accusation that she or I am somehow 'low sexual value' again too. just because she is disabled and had kids when I met her. Beyond the pale mate.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Low sexual value, a very innovative ways to say that's TRUE point, like a euphemisme

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never once spent my Mrs money, quite the opposite. Pretty disgusting of you to repeat the accusation that she or I am somehow 'low sexual value' again too. just because she is disabled and had kids when I met her. Beyond the pale mate.
    You should read your own posts back to yourself if you want to see beyond the pale. I am talking directly about you with your potty mouth eye averting rage dribble. You come across as a frustrated, bitter, sick man. And yet another day raging against the baddies....seems you don't do much at all....projection much? Even with the family and still at it. What a loser you are. What a silly little man with his silly little ways.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should read your own posts back to yourself if you want to see beyond the pale. I am talking directly about you with your potty mouth eye averting rage dribble. You come across as a frustrated, bitter, sick man. And yet another day raging against the baddies....seems you don't do much at all....projection much? Even with the family and still at it. What a loser you are. What a silly little man with his silly little ways.
    All the bitterness is with you young man. You could not be further from the truth. It is unforgivable for you to even mention someone you have never met, let alone speak about her in such a disgusting derogatory way. You can say what you like about me but don't even mention her. It has been an incredibly happy day for me and I am not about to let you spoil it with your jealousy and twisted attitude.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Low sexual value, a very innovative ways to say that's TRUE point, like a euphemisme
    Fucking hell Brock, that is low even for you.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody, ever: "There are always people who come up to me and ask for selfies and autographs and so on, so, that really gives you an idea of how big the climate movement has reached."

Greta: "Hold my beer."
    Beanz, these weaponization of this autistic children is hard to watch. Swedish child protective services have been alerted to her case and taking it very seriously but Greta has not returned to her country. Allegedly, is because she refuses to fly on airplanes due to that's carbon. St Greta of Thunberg has made it into the cover of GQ -- Could there be anything more emblematic of the stupidity of our age?

My first question would be: what is a 16-year old autistic school drop-out who has done nothing of note in her life other THAN regurgitate climate propaganda, doing on the cover of a men’s magazine? @Gandalf think that things!

Fuck off Brockton.

The fact that you have entirely ignored anything I said and felt the need to @ mention your equally sad mate to back you up is emblematic of the stupidity of people like you two. You two are the ones with issues. You think way too highly of yourselves and I would urge your friends and family to help and encourage you to have a word with yourselves because it is acutely embarrassing to witness.

You have both spent 15 pages now mocking a 16 year old for promoting science, encouraging others to show a concern for the natural environment and acting as a positive role model of what you can achieve when you are not a massive fucking melt like you two sad cunts

You are very, very weak men. Here is a bright 16 year old who you feel compelled to mock despite her not being an airhead or just being obsessed with makeup and pop music and boys. Her generation can never win in your eyes, because you don't give a flying fuck about them. Like Murdoch and Trump and Boris you treasure your own egos way more than Greta's generations future. Look at the willful knee jerk arrogance of People like Australia's Scott Morrison promoting even more coal mining when 90% of the barrier reef is dead. You are displaying the same attitude because it lets you off the hook.

Denial and doubling down on stupidity is not a good look.

Congratulations on you both for knowing more than the worlds top climate scientists, for that is what you are claiming. The opposite to what Thunberg is doing. She has always deferred but she is clearly way more reasonable and balanced and educated on this issue than your pair.

Congratulations also to you two for inspiring literally millions of people to come out in solidarity and march with you in less than a year since you started your brave imaginary campaign.

Fucking hell.
    A man on his happy day having fun.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the bitterness is with you young man. You could not be further from the truth. It is unforgivable for you to even mention someone you have never met, let alone speak about her in such a disgusting derogatory way. You can say what you like about me but don't even mention her. It has been an incredibly happy day for me and I am not about to let you spoil it with your jealousy and twisted attitude.
    I think YOU have incredibly low sexual market value. I am talking about you. Of course I consider someone who raises the kids of 2 other men and who cannot make eye contact or be reasonable for more than 2 days in a row rather low on the totem pole. You are nobodies first choice. You are way down the ladder and I am being fair by saying at least you have something. Many men have no one and they are the incels you mock.

Like I say go back and read your happy posts as you sound incredibly off. Full of aggression and insults. As usual. So I am putting you in your place, you little inbred ferret. As I always say, play fair by me and you get it back in spades, but call me a cunt constantly then I am going to rattle you.

I actually told my wife a very funny joke about you saying I am the kind of man who demands sex and pointed out who told me this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking hell Brock, that is low even for you.
    Please stop to say those brock things, and Beanz you should know I interpret that's thing "low sex value" as to meaning "handsome or not handsome" as he (Gandoff) did state it. If he saw you're picture and he (above) said about a camera, so, I interpret that he is meant that handsome-level = sex appeal or sex value. Is low? Why?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think YOU have incredibly low sexual market value. I am talking about you. Of course I consider someone who raises the kids of 2 other men and who cannot make eye contact or be reasonable for more than 2 days in a row rather low on the totem pole. You are nobodies first choice. You are way down the ladder and I am being fair by saying at least you have something. Many men have no one and they are the incels you mock.

Like I say go back and read your happy posts as you sound incredibly off. Full of aggression and insults. As usual. So I am putting you in your place, you little inbred ferret. As I always say, play fair by me and you get it back in spades, but call me a cunt constantly then I am going to rattle you.

I actually told my wife a very funny joke about you saying I am the kind of man who demands sex and pointed out who told me this.

You don't rattle me at all, you are just embarrassing yourself and the forum, on the main boards again. I kept to the subject and you just proved everything I said. You and fatboxingfan/Brock who just two seconds ago was Private Messaging you are an incredibly sad pair of losers.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information