Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  97
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I heard one of Greta's fans, an expert, say cows cause the most damage through blowing off (Methane). Is that true? If so why not kill all the cows? Nobody is missing beef and milk that much and the farmers can get a different job, like Bus conductors and all the other past lifestyles that went out of fashion.
    Jeremy Clarkson uses the cow argument on his car show a lot. Cows do not cause as much damage as factories, cars and aeroplanes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ten Warning Signs for Cults

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

The leading advocates of the Climate Change movement are politicians, entertainers, and even children. Climate preachers such as Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio lack any formal scientific training whatsoever, and live personal lives of unparalleled luxury while prescribing carbon austerity for the masses. Yet no one is permitted to point out their scientific ignorance or call attention to their hypocritical lifestyles.

Child advocates such as Greta Thuneberg and the crudely indoctrinated children of the “Sunrise movement” are essentially sock puppets for their shameless activist handlers. Refuse to bend the knee to these tiny fascists, as Diane Feinstein most recently did, and the mainstream left will relentlessly attack you as an accessory to mass murder.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not that I give a shit but what are the other 9?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. . No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
    The conclusions of the Climate Change movement may not be challenged or questioned under any circumstances. Those who dare scrutinize the conclusions, methodology, or prescriptions of “climate scientists” are categorically dismissed as a “Climate Denier”, an excommunicated untouchable whose opinion is no longer valid on any subject.
    Questions and critical inquiry aren’t merely dismissed or refuted. The unfortunate heretic immediately experiences a relentless ad hominem onslaught of scorn and hatred from the political and media left, and is often subjected to accusations of outright murder. Simply question the effectiveness of a “carbon tax” and you may find yourself tied to a stake.
    There is no tolerance for questioning the Climate Change movement, and thus it clearly meets the second warning sign for unsafe groups.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not bother with the other 8 as the first two are just horse shit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3. . No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
    Hardly anyone knows just how much money is spent on “Climate research” every year. The cost is spread out among laughably useless study grants, wind and solar farm subsidies, carbon offset credits, “green” building code evaluation and enforcement, salaries for bureaucrats solely dedicated to “climate concerns”……you get the idea, it’s a lot of hazy money.
    The abhorrent practice of “sue and settle” was a flat out money laundering scheme that allowed sympathetic government officials to transfer millions of tax dollars to radical leftist environmental groups. The practice only ended when the Trump administration used executive power to clamp down on it.
    The total amount of yearly financial expenditure on the Climate Change movement is vague, difficult to track, and often carried out in unethical manners. Thus, the Climate Change movement exhibits the third warning sign for unsafe groups.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    There's not a "one-size-fits-all" solution to climate issues or pollution. (I mention the two together because, whether or not one believes climate change is partly man-made, there's no denying the effect of totally man-made pollution on the planet).

By saying that, I'm saying that Greta's crusade may help in some aspects, but not necessarily others. If we can ignore sources, I believe the following article speaks to some of the fears some of us have.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...g-s-radicalism

The author is neither hating on, nor making fun of Greta. Yet he's making some valid points. For all her sudden fame, Greta remains a 16-year old, hardly a person with the capacity to understand all the nuances and complexity of demanding climate action in a world so diverse and complicated. He mentions Greta's backing and encouragement of extremist movements like Extinction Rebellion, whose handiwork we've already seen in the disruption of everyday life, much to the chagrin of everyday people just trying to get to work.

Not being a total Greta supporter does not necessarily translate into a hater of "anyone or anything that is unusual, unconventional, non traditional, foreign, etc." I recently read through a NG issue celebrating women, in which one of the highlighted issues is the struggle being faced in countries like India regarding the very safety of women. Many of these women, some very young in age, have taken matters into their own hands through demonstrations, civic actions, movements.... and have thrust themselves into the limelight. I totally applaud and support that. But I cannot hold a 16-year old Swedish girl from a fairly comfortable background in one of the world's least offensive countries (on environmental issues) in the same regard as I do these women who are practically and truly "fighting for their future." One smacks of sensationalism, stoked by behind the scene adults. The other is a true, desperate and personally-lived struggle. Not sure if I'm making myself understood here.

In the end, Greta's campaign may be helpful in some ways, and may be harmful in others. I still cringe at the thought of being in the shoes of a highly-educated climate professional... traveling to a summit to discuss climate change... and being subjected to a shrieking scolding by a 16-year old. But I will say this: At the very least it has put the environment at the forefront of conversations. Like her methods (or those behind the scenes) or not..... the unarguable fact is that by being controversial she has brought the conversation to the forefront.

Another complexity of climate change/pollution. While the U.S. may the worst offender in CO2 emissions, it would be globally foolish to ignore the countries rapidly catching up, like China. Not to mention the fact that CO2 emissions are but a portion of the whole climate change/pollution picture. Water pollution is a far more urgent matter, IMO, and an animated graph on that would probably look a bit different. Like any complex issue, it's simply not a matter of "either or". It will take a multi-pronged approach, and by that I mean that while countries like the U.S. are to be expected to do their part, the huge offenders on the other side of the globe cannot just be given a pass because..... well, because "we don't have any control over what they do." We share the same planet, and it's everyone's business.

In many ways we are not just on opposite sides of the street but in entirely different universes. I don't consider Extinction Rebellion to be an extremist movement at all. The fact that absolute lying scumbags like Johnson and Trump feel threatened by Thunberg and ER is a ringing validation of everything they are doing. There are plenty of highly educated climate professionals backing every thing that Thunberg has said. She is not shreiking at them or scolding them, she is urging people to listen to them, whilst so many are acting as apologists for the inaction of the likes of Macron, Trump (two sides of the same coin) etc.

She cannot help her background and I think for many their issue really is with her because she is female, and because they cannot accept that young people are capable of achieving amazing things. Speaking from personal experience, working with young people ,many of whom have very difficult and complex , health and social issues, it never ceases to amaze me what they can achieve.

What i find sensationalist and frankly hilarious, is the idea of people like the United States leveling sanctions against other countries when their own environmental policies are so backwards and ignorant.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

The largest CO2 emitters since ..... 1750?

Why is CO2 bad again? That's what plants breathe IN and then they exhale Oxygen....does the entire world need to take some sort of remedial Environmental Science class?

What's the A#1 greenhouse gas? Anyone? Anyone? Do you know without Googling it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
    This one is pretty obvious. The Climate Change movement always shouts out revised and updated apocalypse predictions, eerily reminiscent of the stereotypical bum on the sidewalk with that “The End Is Near” sign. “The world will end in X years if we don’t do X” is the constant refrain. The years always pass, and the apocalypse never happens. Interestingly, this is a characteristic of multiple religious cults (such as the Seekers of Chicago, and the Order of the Solar Temple). At the moment, we apparently have 12 years to nationalize the entire economy and phase out fossil fuels before we all die a fiery death.
    There’s also no shortage of conspiracy theories about who they consider to be Earth’s greatest saboteurs. They have an enemies list. The fossil fuel industry is at the top of it, with widespread tinfoil hat theories about oil companies burying patents for efficient renewable fuel recipes to keep us all guzzling gasoline.
    The “repent or burn” doomsday preaching is the most well-known staple of the Climate Change movement, and quite clearly exemplifies the fourth warning sign for unsafe groups.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Ten Warning Signs for Cults

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

The leading advocates of the Climate Change movement are politicians, entertainers, and even children. Climate preachers such as Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio lack any formal scientific training whatsoever, and live personal lives of unparalleled luxury while prescribing carbon austerity for the masses. Yet no one is permitted to point out their scientific ignorance or call attention to their hypocritical lifestyles.

Child advocates such as Greta Thuneberg and the crudely indoctrinated children of the “Sunrise movement” are essentially sock puppets for their shameless activist handlers. Refuse to bend the knee to these tiny fascists, as Diane Feinstein most recently did, and the mainstream left will relentlessly attack you as an accessory to mass murder.

You have supported those globalist politicians like Macron, Cameron and Trump who have forced a false austerity campaign onto millions of the most vulnerable people in the west, causing their deaths. So fuck you if you think you can then get on your soapbox about whinge about being held to account . Own it, you advocated it, you can't then wash your hands of it. The Trump cult is full of true sickos
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
    This one is pretty obvious. The Climate Change movement always shouts out revised and updated apocalypse predictions, eerily reminiscent of the stereotypical bum on the sidewalk with that “The End Is Near” sign. “The world will end in X years if we don’t do X” is the constant refrain. The years always pass, and the apocalypse never happens. Interestingly, this is a characteristic of multiple religious cults (such as the Seekers of Chicago, and the Order of the Solar Temple). At the moment, we apparently have 12 years to nationalize the entire economy and phase out fossil fuels before we all die a fiery death.
    There’s also no shortage of conspiracy theories about who they consider to be Earth’s greatest saboteurs. They have an enemies list. The fossil fuel industry is at the top of it, with widespread tinfoil hat theories about oil companies burying patents for efficient renewable fuel recipes to keep us all guzzling gasoline.
    The “repent or burn” doomsday preaching is the most well-known staple of the Climate Change movement, and quite clearly exemplifies the fourth warning sign for unsafe groups.
    You and your sicko Trump chums sound way more like Commie bastards than those you refuse to debate. This is what you did last time. Shut down debate with your compulsive lies. You are boasting about wanting to hang Obama as though that were not a conspiracy theory motivated by a weird refusal to admit that Trump has you by the bollocks.

It is a long way back down the twisty stairs of the minaret for Donkeys like you.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The largest CO2 emitters since ..... 1750?

Why is CO2 bad again? That's what plants breathe IN and then they exhale Oxygen....does the entire world need to take some sort of remedial Environmental Science class?

What's the A#1 greenhouse gas? Anyone? Anyone? Do you know without Googling it?
    Nice to see you refusing to engage with reality as per usual. Thought you would love such a great infographic. An animated graph like that one makes it quite clear who would have no problem putting a bag over their head. You love C02 so much stick a bag back over your head and breathe away.

I shall remember to ask you in future, as a recognized scientific expert on the environment, just like your big orange God, and ignore all the thousands of scientists who think you are both full of way more than just C02.

You factory farm bullshit
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz you are once again very aggressive in how you answer people who don't agree with you.
    Is there a reason for the hostility ?
    I personally think Greta is a sweet little girl, her message is clear and yes the planet is fucked the way we are going.
    Greta uses planes, multi billion dollar boats isn't a great way to preach your message. But you Beanz are so aggressive for someone who is a liberal, I think the far left and far right are pretty similar in aggression to be honest.

Everyone have a nice happy day, I know i will
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Beanz you are once again very aggressive in how you answer people who don't agree with you.
    Is there a reason for the hostility ?
    I personally think Greta is a sweet little girl, her message is clear and yes the planet is fucked the way we are going.
    Greta uses planes, multi billion dollar boats isn't a great way to preach your message. But you Beanz are so aggressive for someone who is a liberal, I think the far left and far right are pretty similar in aggression to be honest.

Everyone have a nice happy day, I know i will

Aggressive?

What do you want me to do wrap everything up in Pink Roses? I am not preaching a message I just have a different opinion to many and that is seen as bloody blasphemy around here. Next you will be pretending that there is no hostility in you calling people peasants and scum for the crime of not buying into your own world view

What a bunch of broflakes
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Thread Information