Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  97
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Beanz you are once again very aggressive in how you answer people who don't agree with you.
    Is there a reason for the hostility ?
    I personally think Greta is a sweet little girl, her message is clear and yes the planet is fucked the way we are going.
    Greta uses planes, multi billion dollar boats isn't a great way to preach your message. But you Beanz are so aggressive for someone who is a liberal, I think the far left and far right are pretty similar in aggression to be honest.

Everyone have a nice happy day, I know i will

Aggressive?

What do you want me to do wrap everything up in Pink Roses? I am not preaching a message I just have a different opinion to many and that is seen as bloody blasphemy around here. Next you will be pretending that there is no hostility in you calling people peasants and scum for the crime of not buying into your own world view

What a bunch of broflakes
    I don't agree with many here , however I'm just chilled as its Friday and it will involve wine.
    Try it you may chill out a bit.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz you are once again very aggressive in how you answer people who don't agree with you.
    I personally think Greta is a sweet little girl, her message is clear and yes the planet is fucked the way we are going.
    Greta uses planes, multi billion dollar boats isn't a great way to preach your message. But you Beanz are so aggressive for someone who is a liberal, I think the far left and far right are pretty similar in aggression to be honest.

Just booked two tickets for the Ballet and am about to go and cover a friends opening night (Exhibition), I am very happy, and look forward to a nice ale when I get home. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just booked two tickets for the Ballet and am about to go and cover a friends opening night (Exhibition), I am very happy, and look forward to a nice ale when I get home. Have a lovely weekend.
    I am not the biggest fan of Ballet but its always nice to get dressed up and see some culture.
    May I ask what is the performance ? and where is it held ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aggressive?

What do you want me to do wrap everything up in Pink Roses? I am not preaching a message I just have a different opinion to many and that is seen as bloody blasphemy around here. Next you will be pretending that there is no hostility in you calling people peasants and scum for the crime of not buying into your own world view

I don't agree with many here , however I'm just chilled as its Friday and it will involve wine.

Had a nice Shiraz yesterday. Seriously mate all this angry Beanz stuff is pretty hilarious and in the heads of everyone else. It has gone way beyond boring and I am not about to mind my P's and Q's for Cunts fools like Brock FlatboxingFlan or anyone else
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Nice to see you refusing to engage with reality as per usual. Thought you would love such a great infographic. An animated graph like that one makes it quite clear who would have no problem putting a bag over their head. You love C02 so much stick a bag back over your head and breathe away.

I shall remember to ask you in future, as a recognized scientific expert on the environment, just like your big orange God, and ignore all the thousands of scientists who think you are both full of way more than just C02.

You factory farm bullshit
    The sun shines on plants helping them with their photosynthesis. During photosynthesis plants inhale CO2 and exhale Oxygen. Humans and animals inhale Oxygen and exhale CO2. Some Carbon is released into the soil and some forms of Oxygen climb into the atmosphere. This is pretty simple stuff here.

Well I don't trust the "OMG we're killing the Earth!" folks anymore than I trusted the Y2K folks or Mayan Calendar folks or Heaven's Gate Cult or whoever else who is just declaring the world is going to end. The Earth is going to be just fine. That said we should attempt to keep things as clean as possible and if that's truly the goal then shouldn't China and India bring their standards up to American and European levels? I mean it would be like if you had a split personality and 1 of them was vegan and ran marathons and the other ate like shit and was an alcoholic...the vegan marathoner can do things absolutely PERFECTLY but that personality ain't out running the other personality's shitty diet and alcoholism. And in this case America and Europe, we're doing more than our fair share, but there's China and India and they are the 800 pound chain smoking gorilla in the room fucking up our marathon time in this case....so yeah how's about they step up their game before Greta just dictates that air travel and beef are now verboten hmm?

All the "thousands of scientists" are paid by who? The government who seeks increasing control over and the compliance of their citizens.

"You factory farm bullshit"....yeah thanks I actually hunt, garden, and I also support my local farms but hey like ALWAYS it's whatever insult you'd like to blindly hurl at me to make you feel better about yourself. Do you eat what you hunt? Oh you don't hunt? Do you eat meat? Where does that come from? Do you eat vegetables? Do you grow them yourself? Where do they come from? How are they grown? ......or don't we want to stop and think about that glass house we live in before throwing stones at others?

'member that "hole in the ozone"? Whatever happened to that? member the population bomb? member global COOLING? member global WARMING?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not the biggest fan of Ballet but its always nice to get dressed up and see some culture.
    May I ask what is the performance ? and where is it held ?

It is in the Muff and so I will not need to take a plane

It is 'Ballet Light' Matthew Bourne's ( not the Jazz Musician who I had the pleasure of working with earlier this year, the choreographer) version of Powell and Pressburgers 'The Red Shoes'.

Took the Mrs to see his version of Edward Scissorhands and his all male version of Swan Lake, which were both brilliant and I often work at this Theatre anyhoos so it is nice to be a punter for a change.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Nice to see you refusing to engage with reality as per usual. Thought you would love such a great infographic. An animated graph like that one makes it quite clear who would have no problem putting a bag over their head. You love C02 so much stick a bag back over your head and breathe away.

I shall remember to ask you in future, as a recognized scientific expert on the environment, just like your big orange God, and ignore all the thousands of scientists who think you are both full of way more than just C02.

You factory farm bullshit
    The sun shines on plants helping them with their photosynthesis. During photosynthesis plants inhale CO2 and exhale Oxygen. Humans and animals inhale Oxygen and exhale CO2. Some Carbon is released into the soil and some forms of Oxygen climb into the atmosphere. This is pretty simple stuff here.

Well I don't trust the "OMG we're killing the Earth!" folks anymore than I trusted the Y2K folks or Mayan Calendar folks or Heaven's Gate Cult or whoever else who is just declaring the world is going to end. The Earth is going to be just fine. That said we should attempt to keep things as clean as possible and if that's truly the goal then shouldn't China and India bring their standards up to American and European levels? I mean it would be like if you had a split personality and 1 of them was vegan and ran marathons and the other ate like shit and was an alcoholic...the vegan marathoner can do things absolutely PERFECTLY but that personality ain't out running the other personality's shitty diet and alcoholism. And in this case America and Europe, we're doing more than our fair share, but there's China and India and they are the 800 pound chain smoking gorilla in the room fucking up our marathon time in this case....so yeah how's about they step up their game before Greta just dictates that air travel and beef are now verboten hmm?

All the "thousands of scientists" are paid by who? The government who seeks increasing control over and the compliance of their citizens.

"You factory farm bullshit"....yeah thanks I actually hunt, garden, and I also support my local farms but hey like ALWAYS it's whatever insult you'd like to blindly hurl at me to make you feel better about yourself. Do you eat what you hunt? Oh you don't hunt? Do you eat meat? Where does that come from? Do you eat vegetables? Do you grow them yourself? Where do they come from? How are they grown? ......or don't we want to stop and think about that glass house we live in before throwing stones at others?

'member that "hole in the ozone"? Whatever happened to that? member the population bomb? member global COOLING? member global WARMING?

I probably shot my first Rabbit before your tiny feet walked on this planet mate, but just go ahead and assume you are a unique little broflake from one of Petersons acceptable Disney fillums

And it is not an insult to remark on the fact that you do spread bullshit on an industrial scale here on the forum, much like Trump and your country does with intensive farming which is not great for anyone. It is just a fact. Look at the Trump thread it is about 87.9% Fake news
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aggressive?

Had a nice Shiraz yesterday. Seriously mate all this angry Beanz stuff is pretty hilarious and in the heads of everyone else. It has gone way beyond boring and I am not about to mind my P's and Q's for Cunts fools like Brock FlatboxingFlan or anyone else
    Beanz come on, I am winding you up , say what the fuck you like as I do.
    If you want to be angry feel free, and I will call peasants - peasants
    Like I have said in the past its all a bit of fun here.

PS. I have never called a fellow Saddo member a peasant

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    There's not a "one-size-fits-all" solution to climate issues or pollution. (I mention the two together because, whether or not one believes climate change is partly man-made, there's no denying the effect of totally man-made pollution on the planet).

By saying that, I'm saying that Greta's crusade may help in some aspects, but not necessarily others. If we can ignore sources, I believe the following article speaks to some of the fears some of us have.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...g-s-radicalism

The author is neither hating on, nor making fun of Greta. Yet he's making some valid points. For all her sudden fame, Greta remains a 16-year old, hardly a person with the capacity to understand all the nuances and complexity of demanding climate action in a world so diverse and complicated. He mentions Greta's backing and encouragement of extremist movements like Extinction Rebellion, whose handiwork we've already seen in the disruption of everyday life, much to the chagrin of everyday people just trying to get to work.

Not being a total Greta supporter does not necessarily translate into a hater of "anyone or anything that is unusual, unconventional, non traditional, foreign, etc." I recently read through a NG issue celebrating women, in which one of the highlighted issues is the struggle being faced in countries like India regarding the very safety of women. Many of these women, some very young in age, have taken matters into their own hands through demonstrations, civic actions, movements.... and have thrust themselves into the limelight. I totally applaud and support that. But I cannot hold a 16-year old Swedish girl from a fairly comfortable background in one of the world's least offensive countries (on environmental issues) in the same regard as I do these women who are practically and truly "fighting for their future." One smacks of sensationalism, stoked by behind the scene adults. The other is a true, desperate and personally-lived struggle. Not sure if I'm making myself understood here.

In the end, Greta's campaign may be helpful in some ways, and may be harmful in others. I still cringe at the thought of being in the shoes of a highly-educated climate professional... traveling to a summit to discuss climate change... and being subjected to a shrieking scolding by a 16-year old. But I will say this: At the very least it has put the environment at the forefront of conversations. Like her methods (or those behind the scenes) or not..... the unarguable fact is that by being controversial she has brought the conversation to the forefront.

Another complexity of climate change/pollution. While the U.S. may the worst offender in CO2 emissions, it would be globally foolish to ignore the countries rapidly catching up, like China. Not to mention the fact that CO2 emissions are but a portion of the whole climate change/pollution picture. Water pollution is a far more urgent matter, IMO, and an animated graph on that would probably look a bit different. Like any complex issue, it's simply not a matter of "either or". It will take a multi-pronged approach, and by that I mean that while countries like the U.S. are to be expected to do their part, the huge offenders on the other side of the globe cannot just be given a pass because..... well, because "we don't have any control over what they do." We share the same planet, and it's everyone's business.

In many ways we are not just on opposite sides of the street but in entirely different universes. I don't consider Extinction Rebellion to be an extremist movement at all. The fact that absolute lying scumbags like Johnson and Trump feel threatened by Thunberg and ER is a ringing validation of everything they are doing. There are plenty of highly educated climate professionals backing every thing that Thunberg has said. She is not shreiking at them or scolding them, she is urging people to listen to them, whilst so many are acting as apologists for the inaction of the likes of Macron, Trump (two sides of the same coin) etc.

She cannot help her background and I think for many their issue really is with her because she is female, and because they cannot accept that young people are capable of achieving amazing things. Speaking from personal experience, working with young people ,many of whom have very difficult and complex , health and social issues, it never ceases to amaze me what they can achieve.

What i find sensationalist and frankly hilarious, is the idea of people like the United States leveling sanctions against other countries when their own environmental policies are so backwards and ignorant.

Different universes indeed. You're obviously entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. I do consider ER an extremist movement, because to me the very talk of extinction is sensationalist. We need more down-to-Earth, sensible conversations and action.... more than we need the running around like headless chickens seeking confrontation with anyone who doesn't share our views.

Trump is Trump, and I have a problem with 99.9999% of the things he says and thinks. It still doesn't change my views on 16-year old Swedish girls scolding professionals two or three times her age, and with a much more realistic view of the world and how it works. The female part of Greta I'll leave to those who actually do have a problem with that. I made clear in my previous post that I heartily applaud movements like those by young girls in India, fighting for the right not to be murdered, beaten and raped in record numbers.

The U.S. has a long way to go when it comes to renewable energy and the environment in general. It can certainly take the example of other countries, where technologies are being put to use in a vast number of ways..... all environmental-friendly. I have no issues with that. However, the white elephant in the room still remains those vast, powerful countries racing to catch up to the rest of the highly developed countries..... while putting the environment at the low end of the totem pole. Why it's a sin to address that is beyond me.

And @Dark Lord Al ....... I'm way ahead of you buddy.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's not a "one-size-fits-all" solution to climate issues or pollution. (I mention the two together because, whether or not one believes climate change is partly man-made, there's no denying the effect of totally man-made pollution on the planet).

By saying that, I'm saying that Greta's crusade may help in some aspects, but not necessarily others. If we can ignore sources, I believe the following article speaks to some of the fears some of us have.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...g-s-radicalism

The author is neither hating on, nor making fun of Greta. Yet he's making some valid points. For all her sudden fame, Greta remains a 16-year old, hardly a person with the capacity to understand all the nuances and complexity of demanding climate action in a world so diverse and complicated. He mentions Greta's backing and encouragement of extremist movements like Extinction Rebellion, whose handiwork we've already seen in the disruption of everyday life, much to the chagrin of everyday people just trying to get to work.

Not being a total Greta supporter does not necessarily translate into a hater of "anyone or anything that is unusual, unconventional, non traditional, foreign, etc." I recently read through a NG issue celebrating women, in which one of the highlighted issues is the struggle being faced in countries like India regarding the very safety of women. Many of these women, some very young in age, have taken matters into their own hands through demonstrations, civic actions, movements.... and have thrust themselves into the limelight. I totally applaud and support that. But I cannot hold a 16-year old Swedish girl from a fairly comfortable background in one of the world's least offensive countries (on environmental issues) in the same regard as I do these women who are practically and truly "fighting for their future." One smacks of sensationalism, stoked by behind the scene adults. The other is a true, desperate and personally-lived struggle. Not sure if I'm making myself understood here.

In the end, Greta's campaign may be helpful in some ways, and may be harmful in others. I still cringe at the thought of being in the shoes of a highly-educated climate professional... traveling to a summit to discuss climate change... and being subjected to a shrieking scolding by a 16-year old. But I will say this: At the very least it has put the environment at the forefront of conversations. Like her methods (or those behind the scenes) or not..... the unarguable fact is that by being controversial she has brought the conversation to the forefront.

Another complexity of climate change/pollution. While the U.S. may the worst offender in CO2 emissions, it would be globally foolish to ignore the countries rapidly catching up, like China. Not to mention the fact that CO2 emissions are but a portion of the whole climate change/pollution picture. Water pollution is a far more urgent matter, IMO, and an animated graph on that would probably look a bit different. Like any complex issue, it's simply not a matter of "either or". It will take a multi-pronged approach, and by that I mean that while countries like the U.S. are to be expected to do their part, the huge offenders on the other side of the globe cannot just be given a pass because..... well, because "we don't have any control over what they do." We share the same planet, and it's everyone's business.

In many ways we are not just on opposite sides of the street but in entirely different universes. I don't consider Extinction Rebellion to be an extremist movement at all. The fact that absolute lying scumbags like Johnson and Trump feel threatened by Thunberg and ER is a ringing validation of everything they are doing. There are plenty of highly educated climate professionals backing every thing that Thunberg has said. She is not shreiking at them or scolding them, she is urging people to listen to them, whilst so many are acting as apologists for the inaction of the likes of Macron, Trump (two sides of the same coin) etc.

She cannot help her background and I think for many their issue really is with her because she is female, and because they cannot accept that young people are capable of achieving amazing things. Speaking from personal experience, working with young people ,many of whom have very difficult and complex , health and social issues, it never ceases to amaze me what they can achieve.

What i find sensationalist and frankly hilarious, is the idea of people like the United States leveling sanctions against other countries when their own environmental policies are so backwards and ignorant.

Different universes indeed. You're obviously entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. I do consider ER an extremist movement, because to me the very talk of extinction is sensationalist. We need more down-to-Earth, sensible conversations and action.... more than we need the running around like headless chickens seeking confrontation with anyone who doesn't share our views.

Trump is Trump, and I have a problem with 99.9999% of the things he says and thinks. It still doesn't change my views on 16-year old Swedish girls scolding professionals two or three times her age, and with a much more realistic view of the world and how it works. The female part of Greta I'll leave to those who actually do have a problem with that. I made clear in my previous post that I heartily applaud movements like those by young girls in India, fighting for the right not to be murdered, beaten and raped in record numbers.

The U.S. has a long way to go when it comes to renewable energy and the environment in general. It can certainly take the example of other countries, where technologies are being put to use in a vast number of ways..... all environmental-friendly. I have no issues with that. However, the white elephant in the room still remains those vast, powerful countries racing to catch up to the rest of the highly developed countries..... while putting the environment at the low end of the totem pole. Why it's a sin to address that is beyond me.

And @Dark Lord Al ....... I'm way ahead of you buddy.

Sweet deal Rey .

El Kabong Guest

I probably shot my first Rabbit before your tiny feet walked on this planet mate, but just go ahead and assume you are a unique little broflake from one of Petersons acceptable Disney fillums

And it is not an insult to remark on the fact that you do spread bullshit on an industrial scale here on the forum, much like Trump and your country does with intensive farming which is not great for anyone. It is just a fact. Look at the Trump thread it is about 87.9% Fake news
    There's just no fucking use even attempting to discuss ANYTHING with you. I don't care what your issues are, but you're a a complete and utter asshole to the overwhelming majority of posters here. Blame it on everyone just misunderstanding you and reading anger into posts that totally aren't filled with it, I don't give a fuck....but I AM 100% done with your constant insult slinging.

The average American farmer today feeds 155 people, in 1960 a farmer only fed 26 people. Care to revisit that "which is not great for anyone" quote?

"Look at the Trump thread" .....where are we now? Are we in that thread? Want me to bring up other threads that you've gone bonkers in? You are here for the sole purpose of white knighting for some dumb ass dutch teenager who lives a life of privilege none of us here would ever know the first thing about. She's talking about political action which....and I can't stress this ENOUGH......would lead to the deaths of hundreds of millions of people. ......yeah No beef, that's going to be a problem. No big farms, while I personally am not a fan of them, they feed MILLIONS of people and so putting the kibosh on those would see many a person starve....do you want that? Well either you want THAT or you like Greta believe in unicorns and maybe one day you'll live in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane.

"I shot my first rabbit".....oh you feed your family with the Skittles of the forest do ya?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No but darklord Al feeds his family on hen of the woods đŸ€­

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
    Professor Tol is not an anomaly. Dr. Richard Lindzen of MIT, Dr. Nils-Axel Mörner, and countless other former IPCC in-crowd climate experts were subjected to smear campaigns from their colleagues and the news media for the crime of throwing cold water on the outlandish predictions of the Climate Change movement.
    This pattern is all too familiar to anyone who has studied what happens to individuals who leave the Church of Scientology, and clearly meets the sixth warning sign for unsafe groups.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

There's just no fucking use even attempting to discuss ANYTHING with you. I don't care what your issues are, but you're a a complete and utter asshole to the overwhelming majority of posters here. Blame it on everyone just misunderstanding you and reading anger into posts that totally aren't filled with it, I don't give a fuck....but I AM 100% done with your constant insult slinging.

The average American farmer today feeds 155 people, in 1960 a farmer only fed 26 people. Care to revisit that "which is not great for anyone" quote?

"Look at the Trump thread" .....where are we now? Are we in that thread? Want me to bring up other threads that you've gone bonkers in? You are here for the sole purpose of white knighting for some dumb ass dutch teenager who lives a life of privilege none of us here would ever know the first thing about. She's talking about political action which....and I can't stress this ENOUGH......would lead to the deaths of hundreds of millions of people. ......yeah No beef, that's going to be a problem. No big farms, while I personally am not a fan of them, they feed MILLIONS of people and so putting the kibosh on those would see many a person starve....do you want that? Well either you want THAT or you like Greta believe in unicorns and maybe one day you'll live in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane.

"I shot my first rabbit".....oh you feed your family with the Skittles of the forest do ya?

You are way too easily triggered. I express a different opinion to you and YOU make it personal. You seem to thrive on it. You want to defend factory farms and hunting your own game in the same breath, go ahead but don't expect people to take you seriously because much of what you post is absolute tosh and nonsense.

And well done on proving that you really do factory farm bullshit, and spread it around on an industrial scale . If you think YOU speak for the vast majority of posters on here you are deluded. You do not even speak for the vast majority of American posters on here. You are an anomaly mate, not some kind of barometer for common sense. Quite the opposite. Still no need to lose your rag over it. It is just a FACT.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
    Climate alarmists who leave, step back from, or even lightly criticize the movement are immediately subjected to vicious smear campaigns. Dutch professor Richard Tol experienced this phenomenon firsthand when he removed his name from an IPCC climate report and criticized the reports excessively apocalyptic predictions.
    The smear campaign was led by Bob Ward, director of policy at the London School of Economics’ Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change ‘This has all the characteristics of a smear campaign”, Tol said. “It’s all about taking away my credibility as an expert.”
    The treatment of Professor Tol is not uncommon, and clearly demonstrates that the Climate Change movement exhibits the fifth warning sign for unsafe groups.

Thread Information