Hey guys. Speaking of young people who care about our environment..... how about this guy?

https://grist.org/article/the-ocean-...-some-plastic/

"The Ocean Cleanup project finally cleaned up some plastic"

So Ocean Cleanup's founder was an 18-year old Dutch man, now 25. It's a non-profit that seeks to rid the world's oceans from plastic pollution. Here is a young man who actually went out and did something concrete. (Not throwing a jab at Greta here, as again... if nothing else she's got people talking/fighting about the environment). But Boyan (the CEO) saw there was a problem, and to his colossal credit actually went out and is attempting to do something about it. And it's about ocean pollution, something a lot more pressing to me than the other aspects of the environment.

I raised an eyebrow at this (from the article):

"The project has drawn criticism over the years from scientists who argue it provides false hope and is disruptive to marine life. All that money and effort would be better spent diverting the 8 million tons of plastic that enter the oceans every year, the thinking goes."

Shame on those scientists. Is it better to sit on your hands and do nothing? Diverting plastic garbage from entering the oceans is a wonderful ideal.... but does nothing to solve the problem of the plastics in the oceans now. Instead of criticizing someone who is actually DOING something, maybe they should get off their collective asses and help Boyan perfect his methods, so more garbage can be effectively removed. Meanwhile, diverting technology on rivers can go on in parallel. Why does it have to be one or the other? Narrow minds, I tell ya.