Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  97
Dislikes Dislikes:  14
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: India is choking to death - why isnt Greta over there?

“We live in capitalism. Its power seems inescapable. So did the divine right of kings. Any human power can be resisted and changed by human beings." Ursula K. Le Guinn
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She is not mentally challenged. The disorders that I mentioned have nothing to do with being mentally challenged. It seems you are challenged though to try to understand the points. And that is that her parents are cruelly exploiting her when she should be in school and when she is already suffering from several disorders. And posting a few Opera YouTube rotter videos 😁 an opera legend she doesn't make.

How is a 16 year old girl not required to be in school?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Greta and her family is a great example of what you can achieve if you manage to finally do a bit more than tidy your room and build a bigger book shelf

Thunberg’s activism can be claimed to be evidence-based and backed by a number of world-class scientists, well worth a nomination for Nobel Peace Prize [5]. As Thunberg claims, she has done her homework. However, defining exact reduction targets is difficult for scientists but important for politicians.Greta science-based claims 21.2.2019 (full text here [1])
    1. ”…by the year 2020 we need to have bended the emissions curve steep downward.”
    2. ”According to the IPCC report we are about 11 years away from being in a position where we set off an irreversible chain reaction beyond human control.”
    3. ”To avoid that unprecedented changes in all aspects of society\, [actions] need to have taken place within this coming decade\, including a reduction of our CO2 emissions by at least 50 % by the year 2030. And please note that those numbers do not include the aspect of equity\, which is absolutely necessary to make the Paris agreement work on a global scale\, nor do they include tipping points or feedback loops like the extremely powerful methane gas released from the thawing Arctic permafrost. They do\, however\, include negative emission techniques on a huge planetary scale that is yet to be invented\, and that many scientists fear will never be ready in time and will anyway be impossible to deliver at the scale assumed.”
    4. ”We have been told that the EU intends to improve its emission reduction targets. In the new target\, the EU is proposing to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions to 45 % below 1990’s level by 2030 [6]. Some people say that is good or that is ambitious. But this new target is still not enough to keep global warming below 1.5 degrees Celsius. This target is not sufficient to protect the future for children growing up today. If the EU is to make its fair contribution to staying within the carbon budget for the two-degree limit\, then it means a minimum of 80 % reduction by 2030 and that includes aviation and shipping. So [it is] around twice as ambitious as the current proposal.”
    The two independent scientists involved with IPCC were asked to review Greta’s public speech for science-based claims. They are:
    Christian Breyer, [7] Professor of Solar Economy, LUT University
    “I can clearly approve her Brussels speech from a scientific point of view, every single sentence. Specifically about the fourth claim on 80 % reduction target: this is part of interpretation, but let me explain. The remaining GHG emission budget is rather ’large’, in case we would like to reach the target with a 50 % probability. For a 66 % probability of target reaching the remaining GHG emissions are much lower (more than linear reduction), but to be on the safe side one should go for a 90 % probability to reach the target. The latter implies a very fast and very deep GHG emission reduction, even more drastic than mentioned by Greta. Now the relevant comparison: the Boeing 737 Max 8 is on ground after two strange crashes, but for all passengers in all flights in all of these planes the security had been higher than 99.9 %. This is a very high level of security. Honestly, for surviving on our planet, we should have the same drastic measures, if not more drastic. In other words, to really achieve the 1.5 C target in a very high probability the targets should be even more drastic, i.e. deeper and faster defossilisation than claimed by Greta. Thus the claim is more than fine.”

https://faktabaari.fi/greta-thunberg...ence-homework/
    How man times will you tell someone that Greta has achieved more than them? What does that even mean? Many people here have more money, more experience, more parenting, more all kinds of things than she does and none of it makes anyone more successful. It is all relative. Justin Bieber is more 'successful' than Jason Lytle, but it just means more people know who he is is. It doesn't say anything more than that someone has been marketed more than the other. I happen to think anyone who is able to educate themselves, or improve in some way and make a go of it has done pretty well, so you do come across as a bit hostile to the white male audience here in that regard.

Not all of us were like you and Greta born to great Professors and with herbal experts as step mothers or a plethora of journalist and Professor siblings. That isn't most people, you know. Or in her case her own pampered upbringing. She is more akin to Trump in that regard than any of us on here. She has been privileged and entitled. Some really are born to shitty people and that they overcome that is far more impressive than a spoiled, mentally ill girl throwing a Violet at the world because she has an obsession and a marketing team able to exploit a) youth b) vulnerability in the form of mental illness.

If someone offered any of us the chance to sail across the Atlantic and have a few minutes to rant, we would take it in a heartbeat. It isn't that great an achievement.

Also, your posting of opera videos, constant white knighting etc, comes across as really, really cringey and just a little bit creepy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“We live in capitalism. Its power seems inescapable. So did the divine right of kings. Any human power can be resisted and changed by human beings." Ursula K. Le Guinn
    So what are you saying? You want an end to capitalism?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Any human institution can be overpowered by humans and changed."

🤭🤔🙁.... Gee...... 👩*🎓

How utterly trite, banal, hackneyed, redundant, and altogether MUSTY.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greta and her family is a great example of what you can achieve if you manage to finally do a bit more than tidy your room and build a bigger book shelf
    Like Trump. Who would have thought a man born into such hardship would become so powerful. How inspirational.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If any of you would like to get a fund together to fund my trip over the Atlantic on a raft in order to meet my friend Walrus whereupon we go on a roadtrip in order to tell everyone we come across who is heavy to 'Do a little bit more walking' whilst offering them a barbecued maggot 'for the future' I will be grateful. I will happily do this and hire Brock as my film crew and we will even make sporadic treks into the suburbs to lecture those people too and ask them probing questions like 'What is your IQ?' and 'Has plastic lowered your sperm count?'

We will only need a 2 million dollar raft and 7 million dollars in expenses. Let's achieve as much in our lives as Greta. Come on guys, 9 million dollars and you get drama and revolution.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    She is not mentally challenged. The disorders that I mentioned have nothing to do with being mentally challenged. It seems you are challenged though to try to understand the points. And that is that her parents are cruelly exploiting her when she should be in school and when she is already suffering from several disorders. And posting a few Opera YouTube rotter videos 😁 an opera legend she doesn't make.

How is a 16 year old girl not required to be in school?
    You copied and pasted an angry shit flinging diatribe from some American anti-vaccination woman laughing at the suggestion that her mother was an Oprea singer. It doesn't surprise me that a loser like you would mock something that takes that amount of dedication and hard work to achieve.

You have always been a jealous spiteful fucker much like your loser mate Gandalf with you both mistaking your social media posting here and part time ESL jobs with evidence of actually achieving anything.

Most 'normal' parents would be very proud of a daughter that was as engaged and driven as Greta.

The negativity from you lot is beyond pathetic.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The positivity from you about her is nauseating. It is as though you have the hots for her or something.

There is no jealousy from anyone, just a sense that the media is once again spinning a narrative bubble that will be popped when life is much the same a few decades later. The same media of course that promotes oil, big pharma and air travel and paid no attention to people like Chomsky who were against their wars and actually talking about the environment years ago. Now he can actually give speeches and not resort to childish threats. That is a tidy room for you.

You really do go on a bit by arguing everyone hasn't achieved anything and that they are losers and what have you. I can tell you what think is evidence of being a loser, but you won't like it.

I don't do anything part time myself, but you obviously do as evidenced by fighting for several days while I posted diddly squat. Is there anyone you haven't crossed swords with lately? Like Al says, you sound very angry and just a little bit emotional.

Most normal parents would be telling her to perhaps go to school and focus on a career, but perhaps little Greta with her backers does not need to do such ordinary things like study science at high school or learn to be a climatologist. The Bieber of the green movement. I respect the work of actual scientists and people like David Attenborough and Noam Chomsky a lot more. But they are probably too male for you.

Have you heard the latest? Begging for someone to carry her across the ocean again? How about you stay home and stop traveling everywhere like Brock on speed. Start with yourself, lass.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is some good comedy.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After reading through this thread it's clear that @Beanz is off the scale mentally and has serious issues controlling his temper.

You take this site way too seriously and have far too much time on your hands and come across as an angry, bitter little weirdo.

Take a break from here and get a fucking life.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    After reading through this thread it's clear that @Beanz is off the scale mentally and has serious issues controlling his temper.

You take this site way too seriously and have far too much time on your hands and come across as an angry, bitter little weirdo.

You too? 'Off the scale mentally' based on what? Not following the soyboys you are now defending? The whole thread is an exercise by Brock on how to lead his little lapdogs into justifying his own massive issues. That he is tolerated at all is a bit mental to be honest, but now he has you castigating someone for having the temerity to post something other then absolute agreement in one of his threads. Imagine how sad your life would have to be to as a 50 something year old and then attack a 16 year old for not doing what you think she should do as you post on a social media board as an alt. Now that is mental.

I am at home on a day off with the Mrs and Granddaughter because I have earned enough last week to justify doing so. It is what happens when you are self empolyed and pull your finger out and do a bit more than make Youtube videos mocking people in the suburbs, work halfdays or edit the University Newspaper. I do not post anywhere near the amount that Gandalf and Brock here do (Look at the garbage they have posted today) and yet you would think the i was the troll when you come out with the bullshit that you do.

If you don't want to read any facts or engage with anything more than veiled threats then maybe go an post in another thread instead of having a go at someone for doing what the forum was set up for. I am pretty much the only person left who debates anything.

If you all want to slap each others backs and slag people off 24hrs a day set up a 'What's App Group' or Facbook page. It is you lot that come across as a bunch of sad losers.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You too? 'Off the scale mentally' based on what? Not following the soyboys you are now defending? The whole thread is an exercise by Brock on how to lead his little lapdogs into justifying his own massive issues. That he is tolerated at all is a bit mental to be honest, but now he has you castigating someone for having the temerity to post something other then absolute agreement in one of his threads. Imagine how sad your life would have to be to as a 50 something year old and then attack a 16 year old for not doing what you think she should do as you post on a social media board as an alt. Now that is mental.

I am at home on a day off with the Mrs and Granddaughter because I have earned enough last week to justify doing so. It is what happens when you are self empolyed and pull your finger out and do a bit more than make Youtube videos mocking people in the suburbs, work halfdays or edit the University Newspaper. I do not post anywhere near the amount that Gandalf and Brock here do (Look at the garbage they have posted today) and yet you would think the i was the troll when you come out with the bullshit that you do.

If you don't want to read any facts or engage with anything more than veiled threats then maybe go an post in another thread instead of having a go at someone for doing what the forum was set up for. I am pretty much the only person left who debates anything.

If you all want to slap each others backs and slag people off 24hrs a day set up a 'What's App Group' or Facbook page. It is you lot that come across as a bunch of sad losers.
    You really do not see it do you. It has been page after page of you frothing at the mouth and I certainly played little role in that as I was 'banned'. It shows that the unstable element of the forum is in fact you. Everyone has been out achieved by a 16 year old and everyone is a loser or has an eggplant head or is a rotter or fucker etc. Listen to yourself. That is not how ordinary people speak.

Then you go 'Aww shucks. Me?' as though butter wouldn't melt. You just cannot help yourself. You do not debate. Instead you hurl abuse at people who themselves have had difficult lives too.

Your empathy is a charade as far as I am concerned, certainly when it comes to ordinary people you think you have free run to go at. That is one reason I do like outsiders and stick up for them like you do illegal immigrants and Greta. I think those people are alright and they don't try and stab like you do.

Walrus is right when he says that you are blind. You really do not see it. You were even trying to twist it into Frenchie somehow manipulating me and Alpha into being banned. That stuff is all in your mind. The exchange was on page 3 of this very thread. I asked to be banned and was. It was a pisstake and thus I am here.

And I do not do half days. Like anyone in my position, that is my contact time. The rest of my time is on admin, prep and grading. I work hard. One reason I enjoyed the 'ban' and asked for it. No reason to even justify it, but my vacation time destroys anything you can come up with.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, by your age you should have a little more self-awareness. It is clear you are extremely intelligent, and so the total lack of self-awareness is the shockingest part of all

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

You really do not see it do you. It has been page after page of you frothing at the mouth and I certainly played little role in that as I was 'banned'. It shows that the unstable element of the forum is in fact you. Everyone has been out achieved by a 16 year old and everyone is a loser or has an eggplant head or is a rotter or fucker etc. Listen to yourself. That is not how ordinary people speak.

Then you go 'Aww shucks. Me?' as though butter wouldn't melt. You just cannot help yourself. You do not debate. Instead you hurl abuse at people who themselves have had difficult lives too.

Your empathy is a charade as far as I am concerned, certainly when it comes to ordinary people you think you have free run to go at. That is one reason I do like outsiders and stick up for them like you do illegal immigrants and Greta. I think those people are alright and they don't try and stab like you do.

Walrus is right when he says that you are blind. You really do not see it. You were even trying to twist it into Frenchie somehow manipulating me and Alpha into being banned. That stuff is all in your mind. The exchange was on page 3 of this very thread. I asked to be banned and was. It was a pisstake and thus I am here.

And I do not do half days. Like anyone in my position, that is my contact time. The rest of my time is on admin, prep and grading. I work hard. One reason I enjoyed the 'ban' and asked for it. No reason to even justify it, but my vacation time destroys anything you can come up with.
    Maybe start with a bit of honesty. I know it freaks you out because you posting here is one long fantasy but indulge me for one minute. Go back and read the thread. Two or three pages of Alpha and Brock trolling each other and not a peep from me. GO back and look. Then some facts , graphs, video and reflection on how gullible and willing to drink the mainstream narrative you have always been and you lost it.

No page after page of me frothing at the mouth. Just page after page of you and Walrus and Brock and others INSISTING that I must be angry and frothing at the mouth for disagreeing with you. If somebody came and posted as Devil's advocate in any of these threads they would have their heads bitten off, but actually feel passionately about something and be willing to take action to prove that and you guys are the ones frothing at the mouth. I have never come across such negativity away from this forum. It becomes gas lighting as the standard starting place, not even the end game.

You come across as cynical bitter fucktards all circle jerking each others and I waste my time trying to point that out to you. God knows why I bother. You can't even bring yourself to admit that Brock is back as a shit stirring alt, with lie after lie for months now. He is loving it because like you he seems to enjoy trying to live his life vicariously through the lives of others. He is compelled to tear strips off them , just like you rather than focus his obsessiveness into anything constructive. Look at how he felt compelled like you to attack Greta's mother as though being an opera singer was a crime or proved she was a fake. There are countless videos of her performing to thousands of people but he still felt the need to attack her. You do the exact same thing. You are forever attacking people who make their living creatively as though it is not a valid choice. So here you have an example of someone who has developed an extraordinary expertise in celebrating the pinnacle of Western Culture in many ways and you call it odd and weird. It makes all your rubbish about wanting to protect a culture that you have never really engaged with, all the more ridiculous and false.

You have not debated for literally years now. It is forbidden to do so here. That is what you have 'achieved'.

My old man was not a professor before he divorced my mother and married a medical herbalist, he sold groceries by day and then delivered pastries to restaurants at night. I am not some privileged spoilt child, I was brought up on a council estate by a single mother, just like apparently you were, just not in posh Harrogate like you. You have this reverse snobbery when it suits you and it is plain here in you just dismissing Thunberg because of her family. People often do it i suppose because they like to think some people do not have to try and it is just handed to them on a plate as an excuse for their own lack of ambition. The truth is you want to apply that to anyone who you think is not 'proper' and yet you are quite happy to suck off pricks like Jacob Rees-Mogg who was born with an entire silver cutlery draw up his arse.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information