Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This is what happens when you put the best in with the best

We have had four really good fights in the past couple of months because top guys fought each other. Spence vs Porter, Beterbiev vs Gvozdyk, Taylor vs Prograis, and now Inoue vs Donaire. All excellent fights and high quality. And what’s more, the loser in every one of them didn’t lose any respect from fans. They all showed heart and skill in the loss.

If only all fighters would realize this. If you fight with heart and fight the best, you will be respected much more.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This is what happens when you put the best in with the best

Solid run of quality fights. I wouldn't exactly lump Porter and Donaire in with 'best v best' but point taken and two seasoned professionals who exceeded all pre fight expectations (I'm completely guilty ) v high profile 'stars' in need of major tests after all. Competitive match ups are really all a boxing fan can ask for. This year has really produced, Golovkin v Derevyanchenko Hooker v Ramirez right up there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Solid run of quality fights. I wouldn't exactly lump Porter and Donaire in with 'best v best' but point taken and two seasoned professionals who exceeded all pre fight expectations (I'm completely guilty ) v high profile 'stars' in need of major tests after all. Competitive match ups are really all a boxing fan can ask for. This year has really produced, Golovkin v Derevyanchenko Hooker v Ramirez right up there.
    True. It’s not always #1 vs #2, but #1 fights another top fighter. Too many top guys take easy fights or carefully pick a top fighter that they know they will look good against.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    True. It’s not always #1 vs #2, but #1 fights another top fighter. Too many top guys take easy fights or carefully pick a top fighter that they know they will look good against.

Nahhhhhh. I've never seen that happen.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They weren't just great matchups but also great styles matchups. Only Porter-Spence looked possibly ugly on paper due to Porter's style, however, thanks to Spence being a badass it turned out great.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a simple formula, but boxing fans need to take notice, some divisions having been doing this consistently with little recognition
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Nahhhhhh. I've never seen that happen.

Thread Information