Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In what round will Wilder stop Ortiz?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In what round will Wilder stop Ortiz?

This time Ortiz may be too slow, too fat, and too old to do what he did last time, but his ring smarts and vicious uppercuts still make him very dangerous. Wilder, meanwhile, knows that he can do major damage to the Cuban, so mentally he has that edge going in. I see a short period of feeling out and then the boom and attendant KO will be lowered on Ortiz either via a straight right or a windmill shot. Kong will then amble off into the sunset with that juicy early retirement check and a reputation—like Chuvalo, Quarry, and Shavers-- for having been one of the best fighters who never won a world championship.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what round will Wilder stop Ortiz?

Round 7 for me.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 1
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will be within a few rounds

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

between 3 and 6 I reckon, odds are shit though so I doubt I'll be having a bet on it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For his own sake and salability would want to be much sooner and without being near ko'd himself this time. Could prove fun if he rushes it and may walk into something. But the whole 'feel' of Ortiz this time is just off and looks much heavier last I saw him. I say 3-4 rounds would be window for Wilder and I think he'll keep it smart with the set up. But..no way I'm laying down PPV money for this thing.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    But..no way I'm laying down PPV money for this thing.

Sadly, I probably will. Not because I think it's PPV worthy (that bar has dropped immensely over the years)... but because I don't have DAZN and have missed quite a few fights already. Anyway, my wife works for the local cable company and we get these things half price, so that makes me feel a little bit better.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before the end of the sixth round

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No later than 5 I think it will him in the 4th

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Sadly, I probably will. Not because I think it's PPV worthy (that bar has dropped immensely over the years)... but because I don't have DAZN and have missed quite a few fights already. Anyway, my wife works for the local cable company and we get these things half price, so that makes me feel a little bit better.
    You're still not chipped in on the Dazn cattle train eh ? It's odd, I was realizing something last month..I've actually missed more cards and fights over the last year or two than in the last couple of decades. We've gone from routine year round schedule of a minimum mix of ESPN, FS1, HBO, Showtime, Univision maybe a Spike tv to just a random cable card and two iffy espn+ and Dazn Apps that vary both in live quality and time delay. This fight should be on live Fox cable prime time on a busy Saturday night. It would do great if invested in but today everyone want's their money up front. Hey hug the wifey and salute the connections

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're still not chipped in on the Dazn cattle train eh ? It's odd, I was realizing something last month..I've actually missed more cards and fights over the last year or two than in the last couple of decades. We've gone from routine year round schedule of a minimum mix of ESPN, FS1, HBO, Showtime, Univision maybe a Spike tv to just a random cable card and two iffy espn+ and Dazn Apps that vary both in live quality and time delay. This fight should be on live Fox cable prime time on a busy Saturday night. It would do great if invested in but today everyone want's their money up front. Hey hug the wifey and salute the connections
    Serious question - If this fight does great with some "investment" why don't these ultra successful billionaire TV companies and millionaire promotional outfits do it? How come one of your American networks didn't buy the rights to Inoue-Donaire? Taylor-Prograis? Canelo-Kovalev? Golovkin-Dere? Joshua-Ruiz? Why did PBC/Fox make Spence-Porter PPV? Manny-Thurman PPV? Why did ESPN make Crawford-Khan PPV?

I think Tito answered the question, however, I know you begrudgingly subscribe to DAZN, is it for the consistent content or specfic fights?
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-14-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Serious question - If this fight does great with some "investment" why don't these ultra successful billionaire TV companies and millionaire promotional outfits do it? How come one of your American networks didn't buy the rights to Inoue-Donaire? Taylor-Prograis? Canelo-Kovalev? Golovkin-Dere? Joshua-Ruiz? Why did PBC/Fox make Spence-Porter PPV? Manny-Thurman PPV? Why did ESPN make Crawford-Khan PPV?

I think Tito answered the question, however, I know you begrudgingly subscribe to DAZN, is for the consistent content or specfic fights?

I probably belong to a dying breed in boxing. I've held off from DAZN mainly waiting to hear the glowing reviews from fellow boxing fans. So far it's been a mixed bag. Still begrudge fukking HBO for having abandoned boxing for whatever reason they saw fit... and still holding on to the slim chance that they might someday have a change of heart. Sadly, I've missed some pretty good fights. Thank goodness for ESPN and Fox who still provide us with some good boxing... but have to wonder how long it'll be before they follow suit with HBO. Haven't seen a Showtime card in years... and if they are out of boxing, they certainly didn't announce it like HBO did. In the end, I might be one of the last with twisted arm to throw in the towel and say "fukk it".... and ante up for DAZN like the rest of boxing fandom world.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I think Tito answered the question, however, I know you begrudgingly subscribe to DAZN, is for the consistent content or specfic fights?

I probably belong to a dying breed in boxing. I've held off from DAZN mainly waiting to hear the glowing reviews from fellow boxing fans. So far it's been a mixed bag. Still begrudge fukking HBO for having abandoned boxing for whatever reason they saw fit... and still holding on to the slim chance that they might someday have a change of heart. Sadly, I've missed some pretty good fights. Thank goodness for ESPN and Fox who still provide us with some good boxing... but have to wonder how long it'll be before they follow suit with HBO. Haven't seen a Showtime card in years... and if they are out of boxing, they certainly didn't announce it like HBO did. In the end, I might be one of the last with twisted arm to throw in the towel and say "fukk it".... and ante up for DAZN like the rest of boxing fandom world.
    Serious question - did you not have any interest to watch any of those fights on a stream or replay? Or you just wasn't as interested as you are Wilder-Ortiz?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh... I'd happily watch replays of most of those fights, with the notable exception of Canelo-Kov, since that dog-and-pony show was just the culmination of what all knowledgeable boxing fans predicted. Particularly interested in Inoue-Donaire, even though lately I've been sidetracked by other issues. I make no effort to make Wilder-Ortiz into something bigger than it really is... but will gladly watch it given my own personal dropoff in big fights seen lately.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For his own sake and salability would want to be much sooner and without being near ko'd himself this time. Could prove fun if he rushes it and may walk into something. But the whole 'feel' of Ortiz this time is just off and looks much heavier last I saw him. I say 3-4 rounds would be window for Wilder and I think he'll keep it smart with the set up. But..no way I'm laying down PPV money for this thing.

I agree

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information