Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In what round will Wilder stop Ortiz?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what round will Wilder stop Ortiz?

I have some issues with DAZN, but it easily puts on the best fights. It’s a no brainer for me to have it. It seems to not only have the best fights but quantity also.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    But..no way I'm laying down PPV money for this thing.

Sadly, I probably will. Not because I think it's PPV worthy (that bar has dropped immensely over the years)... but because I don't have DAZN and have missed quite a few fights already. Anyway, my wife works for the local cable company and we get these things half price, so that makes me feel a little bit better.
    You're still not chipped in on the Dazn cattle train eh ? It's odd, I was realizing something last month..I've actually missed more cards and fights over the last year or two than in the last couple of decades. We've gone from routine year round schedule of a minimum mix of ESPN, FS1, HBO, Showtime, Univision maybe a Spike tv to just a random cable card and two iffy espn+ and Dazn Apps that vary both in live quality and time delay. This fight should be on live Fox cable prime time on a busy Saturday night. It would do great if invested in but today everyone want's their money up front. Hey hug the wifey and salute the connections
    Serious question - If this fight does great with some "investment" why don't these ultra successful billionaire TV companies and millionaire promotional outfits do it? How come one of your American networks didn't buy the rights to Inoue-Donaire? Taylor-Prograis? Canelo-Kovalev? Golovkin-Dere? Joshua-Ruiz? Why did PBC/Fox make Spence-Porter PPV? Manny-Thurman PPV? Why did ESPN make Crawford-Khan PPV?

I think Tito answered the question, however, I know you begrudgingly subscribe to DAZN, is it for the consistent content or specfic fights?
    It's a Fox aka Haymon PBC ppv. For the last year or two they have been putting PBC cards on regular Fox TV on some Saturday nights, primetime 'free' tv. The investment I'm speaking of is it's everything promotion should clamor for. A major heavyweight championship fight of explosive proportions on every sports bar screen across the States as Fox was once one of the 3-4 basic cable channels 'free' to anyone with a tv. Gather many many new fans or regulars who refuse to-cannot dole out $75 (since they just did that for Spence v Porter ) but instead they're tucking it away with the anchor of a hefty price tag anchor and it's already assumed it will end the same way so many will pass on it.

The 800 lb gorilla in the room is also that those billionaire TV companies won't risk competing with the monstrous cash cow that is College Football on a Saturday. Hell, DAZN won't even compete with a UFC card and instead strings fans out with a 'historical achievement' headed by their premier franchise fighter and p4p boxer. I know people run on about Dazn 'taking over boxing' but thats my point..it's not a good thing for fans when options and outlets are dried up. Everyone else left..Arum and PBC now put anchors aka PPV on everything remotely relevant with a name to keep up and stubborn long in the tooth fans like myself end up with longer lists of fights they need to watch on replay..hopefully..rather than upcoming live events to look forward to. DAZN is a good thing with the regularity for sure. I've been on since Oct of 2018. But the stream is literally a problem in some areas, the delays and depending on locale and internet provider you miss a lot and at times cannot even be sure you're watching live minute to minute. And to be completely honest Dazn is becoming a bit of a whore with the gimmickries and side events like that celebrity boxing trash-truck Hearn and the boys pulled last weekend. The presentation and salivating by commentators on that whole whorey thing was just embarrassing.

El Kabong Guest

Ortiz already complaining about Wilder's punching.....watch Ortiz starch him it'll be just our luck as fans. We never get anything nice

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ortiz needs to come out balls to the wall, bomb wilder out early. the longer it goes the harder the task of him winning becomes. a couple of good fights on the card
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4 rounds

El Kabong Guest

Looks like he's feeling rather POSITIVE about the upcoming fight.

Over/under on failed PEDs test

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Round 7 for me.

Once again I thankyou , Fenster did you make any bunce on this fight ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great call.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 7 for me.

Once again I thankyou , Fenster did you make any bunce on this fight ?
    Yes a little, I backed the over/under on rounds... good call mystic Al.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luis Ortiz has described the moment his dream of becoming a heavyweight champion disappeared.

Ortiz, otherwise known as ‘King Kong’, was ahead on the scorecards when Deontay Wilder landed an incredible punch which the Cuban was unable to recover from.

Up to that point Ortiz was ahead of the score cards having boxed brilliantly for six rounds.

“This is boxing. I said that one of us was going to get knocked out. I knew it wasn’t going to go twelve rounds,” he explained.

“This was a great fight. I thought I was clearly winning. I got caught with a big shot and I have to give Deontay Wilder a lot of credit.”

Describing the exact instant the devastating blow made contact with his face, Ortiz added: “I was clear-headed when I hit the canvas.

“When I heard the referee say seven I was trying to get up. But I guess the count went a little quicker than I thought.

“I knew my movement was giving him problems. Also, I landed some big shots and I thought I had him hurt. I thought I was up by the count and could have continued.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...ury-klitschko/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information