Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KING VS KONG - Wilder vs Ortiz 2

Can we all agree that Keith Thurman should officially hand over his nickname to Wilder?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarado scores a TKO. Fight stopped after round 6.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has no skill as a boxer, but he does have tremendous power. If only Ortiz had a touch of Toney in that chin, he was winning that fight easily. Wilder has become a bit boring to watch now as whenever he faces a decent opponent he finds himself down and then landing a hail mary. Certainly no Tyson or Ali despite thinking he is. Those two could actually box.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And there ya go. Still not a Tyson though but good on the repeat minus almost being ko'd himself.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is an anomaly. Who else has been able to get to the top with basically just a right hand? Fortunately for him, the HW division is generally weak. I just think about some good eras of HWs and how he wouldn’t have lasted. But good for him for doing what he needs to every fight.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh nice Nicaraguan skeletor has a brother is also world champ, twins as concurrent world Champs is a pretty nice niche achievement.

Also did anyone know that 44years ago today! That alexis arguello became the first Nicaraguan boxing world champion?? I do because they mentioned it.... Alot.....
    Last edited by palmerq; 11-24-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Oh nice Nicaraguan skeletor has a brother is also world champ, twins as concurrent world Champs is a pretty nice niche achievement.

Also did anyone know that 44years ago today! That alexis arguello became the first Nicaraguan boxing world champion?? I do because they mentioned it.... Alot.....
    Yea his brother was set for a unification but had to pull out.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The chants will continue about Wilder being a no good boxer while he continues to rack up the wins.

Not claiming he's the second coming of Ali..... but tonight I just think he was too tentative and waiting for Ortiz to tire and give him an opening.

The right hand he knocked Ortiz out with was a thing of beauty. Not the Atomic Windmill everyone always makes fun of him about.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel bad for Ortiz though. He did all the work and got a bit sloppy. When you have won half the fight, you can be sneaky and kill a little time here and there. He didn't need to put himself in that position, but easier said than done in the hear of the moment. Could have taken a walk, but took a little nap.

Makes me think Tyson Fury gets it done better next time. Wilder has no intention of trying to win rounds anymore.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I feel bad for Ortiz though. He did all the work and got a bit sloppy. When you have won half the fight, you can be sneaky and kill a little time here and there. He didn't need to put himself in that position, but easier said than done in the hear of the moment. Could have taken a walk, but took a little nap.

Makes me think Tyson Fury gets it done better next time. Wilder has no intention of trying to win rounds anymore.
    I think the Fury rematch will be the same. The only question is whether or not Fury will get up from a knockdown or not.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

On the other hand, Wilder can afford to be less tentative against Fury a second time around, with Fury being nowhere as dangerous a hitter as Ortiz. Wilder will engage more and not be content giving away rounds. And contrary to popular belief, Wilder is capable of throwing a straight right hand. I just hope Fury doesn't get sidetracked by another "juicy contract" or suffers another cut before the rematch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The chants will continue about Wilder being a no good boxer while he continues to rack up the wins.

Not claiming he's the second coming of Ali..... but tonight I just think he was too tentative and waiting for Ortiz to tire and give him an opening.

The right hand he knocked Ortiz out with was a thing of beauty. Not the Atomic Windmill everyone always makes fun of him about.
    I think it’s safe to say that he has perfected what he is trying to do. He is doing what he needs to with this crop of HWs.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I miss Holyfield. Guys today built like Winnie The Pooh or with less basics boxing than a Amazon warehouse are riding with all the glory.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I miss Holyfield. Guys today built like Winnie The Pooh or with less basics boxing than a Amazon warehouse are riding with all the glory.
    Unfortunately we don’t have guys like that in the division. That is Wilder’s kryptonite. Someone who has boxing ability that has a good chin and heart. Fortunately for Wilder, he hasn’t run into that yet (other than arguably Fury).

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I know is Wilder took on the dangerous Luis Ortiz again and this time knocked him out. He was definitely losing the fight and his inactivity was bewildering, but I think it was a mixture of respect for Ortiz's power and boxing ability, and maybe just waiting for the opening to happen. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't fight a Fury rematch the same way. He also talked like a decent human being today, not the bumbling inappropriate fool he has often sounded like. You gotta give respect when respect is merited. I also miss the previous generation of boxers who actually had better boxing skills (and looked like athletes, not Pillsbury dough boys).... but what can you do. I'm just glad we're over the Klitschko era, where every fight was a chloroforming affair (for the fans) and heavyweight boxing lost fans in droves. Since Wlad lost to Joshua, we've had exciting fights, and the division has been the better for it. The current crop may be inferior to the Lennoxes, Holyfields, and Mike Tysons of the past.... but they're evenly matched between themselves and, as long as they manage to continue meeting each other in the ring..... we should be in for some more good fights in the future.

Thread Information