Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Real Estate Thread: Investing in Houses overseas in the USA

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...83567649_zpid/

Can anyone advise me about how this deal looks?
    @Gandalf @Primo Carnera

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Real Estate Thread: Investing in Houses overseas in the USA

If you have the money and want a toilet for each working day, then go for it. But it is a bit pricey for the working man and the dusting will take time.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...83567649_zpid/

Can anyone advise me about how this deal looks?
    @Gandalf @Primo Carnera
    Probably pretty good. Four family home you can fill those instantly. You would need to check comps in the area but for investment properties it’s probably in the ballpark although it’s much more than I would have thought. You put that thing in San Francisco near the silicon area it would probably be 30 million. Move it to Detroit it would probably 29 dollars depending where you put it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The price inflation is rather corny though. Price seems to have increased 3 fold in a year or two. I highly doubt the bathrooms are made of gold or anything. Don't buy it Fats, get something more ordinary. A cabin in the countryside is the meaning of life and one toilet is usually enough. Avoid these humans, especially the coke addled rich ones.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Gandalf but $3.5 million is peanuts when you consider as @walrus has said 4 bedrooms, you can get $1500/month each if you rent it out. $6000/no will handsomely pay the mortgage, no?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Gandalf but $3.5 million is peanuts when you consider as @walrus has said 4 bedrooms, you can get $1500/month each if you rent it out. $6000/no will handsomely pay the mortgage, no?
    I’m sorry maybe I read it quick I thought it said four family. If it’s four bedrooms I had no idea realestate was that expensive in that area

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The price inflation is rather corny though. Price seems to have increased 3 fold in a year or two. I highly doubt the bathrooms are made of gold or anything. Don't buy it Fats, get something more ordinary. A cabin in the countryside is the meaning of life and one toilet is usually enough. Avoid these humans, especially the coke addled rich ones.
    Oh perhaps that was the theme. All I looked at was the current price and that it’s four families. I would also expect to see a lot more for over 3 million but shit people pay such high rents for little shit holes near the city it really didn’t surprise me. We would need to see if property did actually spike that much in that area which would be insane or if the builder bought a rundown single family and turned it into an apartment building. I guess I looked at it too quickly but I remember when Brock was here he used to bitch about how crazy rent was in that area. My guess is it isn’t just inflation. It could have been a piece of shit when the dude bought it and he rebuilt it. Pure speculation on my part but now I’m curious

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3.8 million divided by 6000 a month is a very long mortgage. I may be Gandalf but I am not an Immortal.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    3.8 million divided by 6000 a month is a very long mortgage. I may be Gandalf but I am not an Immortal.
    Yeah it four families 8 bedrooms. What would be the going rate for a two bedroom apartment in flushing. That peak in the last year on that chart is insane. It’s funny I went back to look after I gave it my much too brief look. I spent a lot of time in that area. There is a rather well known acupuncture place blocks away. That area is split down the middle. There is a Chinatown area then you cross the street and it’s a Hasidic Jewish area. That house is in the Hasidic Jewish area. Also it’s been on the market going on 5 months. If it was that good an investment deal it wouldn’t sit so long. I am far from a NY realestate expert but I can tell you I never saw any empty places or for sale signs it’s a very bustling area. 3.5 seems very, if the mortgage is 20k a year you got four families how much can you rent each unit out for. I was thinking 4 thousand but they must be thinking more than that. Do people pay 6k a month in flushing I have no idea. I guess if you can get the price down and pay cash it might work. Obviously somebody thinks it makes sense but the rent would have to be killer and yes that recent jump defies logic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf @walrus my mistake, it's 4 FAMILIES, Walrus the Tusked One was correct. I did some That's research and $2750 is the 1-family going rent per month there. Yes Walrus that's a Chasidim area. So you could earn $11,000 USD per month in rental income. 5 months on the market isn't so bad as that's a fucking bug ass purchase, plus if it's Chasidim, they may want to keep the neighborhood kosher, waiting for the right buyer.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf @walrus my mistake, it's 4 FAMILIES, Walrus the Tusked One was correct. I did some That's research and $2750 is the 1-family going rent per month there. Yes Walrus that's a Chasidim area. So you could earn $11,000 USD per month in rental income. 5 months on the market isn't so bad as that's a fucking bug ass purchase, plus if it's Chasidim, they may want to keep the neighborhood kosher, waiting for the right buyer.
    Yeah 11k a month but mortgage at that price is 19k a month you would think they would need to at least break even or just be short a thousand or two. Five months when your in an area dominated by rentals is a pretty long time. Shows they need to knock that price down
    Last edited by walrus; 11-20-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yeah 11k a month but mortgage at that price is 19k a month you would think they would need to at least break even or just be short a thousand or two. Five months when your in an area dominated by rentals is a pretty long time. Shows they need to knock that price down
    How're u coming up with mortgage $19 G's, B? Oh and $1,000/mo prop tax

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2k a month in property taxes actually over that. Check out that site it breaks down the mortgage. 3.5 million u are gonna pay a big monthly chunk

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saddosotafats you didn’t know him but we had a guy here called Brock. He was kind of a dick but lived in the city of NY and used to tell us about how bad rents were in the city. I remember he said he and his wife were living in this tiny place which I don’t even think was a legal apartment and despite being a shit hole it was quite expensive. I’m pretty sure that Zillow breaks down payments on a conventional mortgage and they had it at over 19k a month in mortgage payments. So if you have four apartments you would think whoever buys it would want the monthly rent charges to at least get as close to covering that mortgage but preferably at least make a little profit. So if I am correct he would need to get 5k monthly rent from each unit. Now I have no clue how they do it. Maybe the Hasidic Jews have figured out somehow to do it differently and make money. One of us is going to have to call the agent and get to the bottom of this as I am lost.

I don’t talk to Brock anymore we had a falling out, he was being rude to beanz, I complained to the mods and got him banned. If u screw with beanz you screw with me. He emailed me from India but I’m not getting back to him and get these questions answered. Anyway frenchyfats check Zillow again and see if I was right at 19k a month. I would look myself but I need to test my memory. Thanks frenchyfats and I to warn you there is an official rule at saddo #noharshwordstobeanz if you break that rule me and fenald will bounce you out so quick you won’t know what happened. By the way I am not threatening you I just want to make sure you understand how serious the #noharshwordstobeanz is around here. It makes #metoo look like a minor thing like giving a hot chick walking by a quick slap on the buttocks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saddosotafats you didn’t know him but we had a guy here called Brock. He was kind of a dick but lived in the city of NY and used to tell us about how bad rents were in the city. I remember he said he and his wife were living in this tiny place which I don’t even think was a legal apartment and despite being a shit hole it was quite expensive. I’m pretty sure that Zillow breaks down payments on a conventional mortgage and they had it at over 19k a month in mortgage payments. So if you have four apartments you would think whoever buys it would want the monthly rent charges to at least get as close to covering that mortgage but preferably at least make a little profit. So if I am correct he would need to get 5k monthly rent from each unit. Now I have no clue how they do it. Maybe the Hasidic Jews have figured out somehow to do it differently and make money. One of us is going to have to call the agent and get to the bottom of this as I am lost.

I don’t talk to Brock anymore we had a falling out, he was being rude to beanz, I complained to the mods and got him banned. If u screw with beanz you screw with me. He emailed me from India but I’m not getting back to him and get these questions answered. Anyway frenchyfats check Zillow again and see if I was right at 19k a month. I would look myself but I need to test my memory. Thanks frenchyfats and I to warn you there is an official rule at saddo #noharshwordstobeanz if you break that rule me and fenald will bounce you out so quick you won’t know what happened. By the way I am not threatening you I just want to make sure you understand how serious the #noharshwordstobeanz is around here. It makes #metoo look like a minor thing like giving a hot chick walking by a quick slap on the buttocks.
    Is seem impossible for the 1-family $5,000 per month rent, to paying. Monthly mortgage to bank is $19,000? Oh my God.

So that the Brock poster all was talking of, that you fallen out with? Is why Beanz keeping call me Brock? Oh, you and Fenster can ban those other posters?? Your avatar didn't say moderator, so, you're?

Thread Information