Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible forum boxing game for 2020.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Possible forum boxing game for 2020.

Would anyone be interested in playing another type of prediction game during next year?

It will be a different type of format. Where each player will select 1 fighter from each of the 17 divisions (must have a fighter in each division, and men’s boxing). I was thinking this could be done on a draft type selection basis throughout December (depending on numbers interested).

If one of your fighters defeats a Ring Ranked fighter, they will earn your team 3 points. Defeating a Ring Champion will earn your team 5 points. A draw against a Ring Ranked fighter will earn your team 1 point (technical decisions 4 rounds or less will not be considered).

If one of your fighters defeats another team’s fighter, he will earn your team the amount of points the other team currently has, as well as points for defeating the opponent.

If one of your fighters lose to a Ring Ranked fighter, your team will lose 2 points. If one of your fighters lose to a Ring Champion, your team will lose 1 point. If one of your fighters loses to an unranked fighter, your team will lose 5 points.

Each team will be able to make 2 trades per month, on a first in first serve basis.

A match affected by a drug test result will be void and no points awarded.

If one of your fighters moves up or down in weight to fight a Ring Ranked fighter, after his second fight outside his original division against a Ring Ranked fighter, you will need to trade one of your fighters from the division that now has two, and bid on a new selection for the empty division.

New players who join after the initial draft will be able to select a team of 17 from available fighters.

This is the basics, just looking to see what sort of interest we have and brainstorming ideas.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Possible forum boxing game for 2020.

Count me in.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m down.

How do we account for the different amount of fights people have in a year? For example, if my 17 fighters fight 34 times in 2020 and another person’s 17 guys fight 45 times, do we just go with that?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey guy... welcome back. Count me in also.

I don't think my predictive prowess was showcased enough last season, and this time I need to leave no doubt.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to try

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha, you da Man! I’m in. (I was thinking of replying later because I didn’t want to put everybody off because they know they won’t stand a chance!)
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Alpha, you da Man! I’m in. (I was thinking of replying later because I didn’t want to put everybody off because they know they won’t stand a chance!)
    Too early for the smack talk.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Too early for the smack talk.
    For you perhaps. But that’s because you’ve got no chance of winning!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I’m down.

How do we account for the different amount of fights people have in a year? For example, if my 17 fighters fight 34 times in 2020 and another person’s 17 guys fight 45 times, do we just go with that?
    Yea it will depend on how much effort each player wants to put into their team. There will be a bit of strategy. Choosing fighters that have fights scheduled early in the year and then trading them out for ones with upcoming fights, choosing guys who are active, fighting 3 times a year would be good, and guys that have the potential to fight and beat Ring Ranked fighters.

I am trying to come up with a fair way to do the monthly trades. At first, I was thinking of using points earned as a type of currency to place a bid on a fighter you wanted to bring in, but feel that may give an unfair advantage to players who suffer loses or haven’t earned many points (new players etc).
    Doing it on a first come, first serve basis doesn’t seem fair to those who cannot get on here as often or regularly as others.
    Maybe a team budget of say $1,000.00 for the year. So, you could bid it all on a fighter (or a lot) or spread it out over the year. Bids would be something like a $10.00 minimum, in $10.00 increments. I think this idea probably works best, but I am open to any other ideas.

I’m also thinking that teams don’t have to have a fighter in each division. I myself have no problem picking one fighter from each division, but others may not follow certain weights. Obviously if a player has 17 fighters, there are more chances to earn points and more chances that teams will clash, and we may also learn about other fighters not on our radar. But I feel the more players we have involved, the more the forum can come together around the sport that brought us all here in the first place.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see ya and sounds pretty solid early on. The last comp really seemed to up interest and kept upcoming cards revolving. Might have to call them gangs and not teams though .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Good to see ya and sounds pretty solid early on. The last comp really seemed to up interest and kept upcoming cards revolving. Might have to call them gangs and not teams though .
    I get enough trolls as it is I better stick with teams. So you interested? If I get 10 players then it's on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I get enough trolls as it is I better stick with teams. So you interested? If I get 10 players then it's on.
    Count me in.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can I just pick Rocky Fielding?

with him I won't need any other fighters.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Can I just pick Rocky Fielding?

with him I won't need any other fighters.
    You can pick any fighter(s) you like, it'll be done on a snake type draft, so you'll have to hope no one else has there eye on your star.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'll play
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information