Thread: South Korea #1 OECD Suicide Leader

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another K-Pop Suicide: HARA (Sulli was LAST month)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Exactly. This needs to be exposed. Like the mental health issues in South Korea too. It is TABOO there to even MENTION the word psychiatrist.
    This is untrue too. There are mental clinics scattered around every city and every major hospital will have a psychiatry department and as you pass on the way to your own area find it is often pretty packed as you glance in. I do that as it is an area I find fascinating.

I know a plant manager who regularly consults with a clinic following a few issues with stress and panic. He talks quite freely about it and is someone responsible for many others who all know about it. He doesn't seem to find it very taboo. You are a generation out of date fats.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Korean Stress: RTD Launches Premiere of Suicide Epidemic in South Korea
    11/26/2019, 1:19:42 AM

A developed economy, technology, a rich culture, a low crime rate - all this creates the image of paradise on earth. However, statistics show that everything is not quite right here: the Republic of Korea is one of the first in the world in the number of suicides. About why suicide became the main cause of death for young Koreans under 40 in the new RTD film “Korean Stress”.

The Republic of Korea tops the list of OECD countries (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) by the number of suicides. Every day in a country known worldwide for its developed economy, technology and pop culture, several dozen people voluntarily part with their lives. What is the cause of the suicide epidemic will tell the new film RTD "Stress in Korean."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And there is one more problem. It is a necessity to hold a face. In Korea, people are very worried if there is a bad opinion about them in society, ”says psychiatrist Lee Chun Hyun, RTD.

But that is not all. Koreans, in most cases, build an opinion about a person only according to external data. In a society in which, due to lack of time, even holidays are sheer stress, people look down on you if you are not dressed in a fashionable way.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the most striking examples of such a struggle is the Mapo Bridge of Seoul, which until 2012 was sadly called the Bridge of Suicides. The locals explained its notoriety not by ancient curses, but rather prosaically: Mapo is located in close proximity to Yoido, the financial district of the city.

But soon, the Seoul government teamed up with a number of psychologists and designers and turned the bridge into a "therapeutic zone." “I love you,” “Let's take a walk together,” “You look worried. Is everything all right? ”,“ Tomorrow the sun will certainly rise ”,“ Have you eaten today? ”,“ To bring those you miss ”are just some of the phrases on the parapets of the bridge. They add up to the dialogue that Mapo, as it were, leads with a passerby. In addition, round-the-clock surveillance was installed on the bridge, some of the poles are equipped with panic buttons, and rescue services are ready to be there almost immediately. This set of measures helped dramatically reduce the number of suicides on Mapo, which locals now call the "Bridge of Life."

Watch the film “Korean Stress” on the RTD website. @walrus @Master

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another Korean Suicide: #1 OECD Suicide Leader

Miles is a tall white man sorry I just can’t see him jumping off a bridge.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Why did Beanzer have to influence PEOPLE to mention Miles' height and body type all the time? First lanky fuckers was trending, then Fenster banned Beanz for that vicious attack, now Beanz is influencing People again. Beanz, park that toss by the door.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the most striking examples of such a struggle is the Mapo Bridge of Seoul, which until 2012 was sadly called the Bridge of Suicides. The locals explained its notoriety not by ancient curses, but rather prosaically: Mapo is located in close proximity to Yoido, the financial district of the city.

But soon, the Seoul government teamed up with a number of psychologists and designers and turned the bridge into a "therapeutic zone." “I love you,” “Let's take a walk together,” “You look worried. Is everything all right? ”,“ Tomorrow the sun will certainly rise ”,“ Have you eaten today? ”,“ To bring those you miss ”are just some of the phrases on the parapets of the bridge. They add up to the dialogue that Mapo, as it were, leads with a passerby. In addition, round-the-clock surveillance was installed on the bridge, some of the poles are equipped with panic buttons, and rescue services are ready to be there almost immediately. This set of measures helped dramatically reduce the number of suicides on Mapo, which locals now call the "Bridge of Life."

Watch the film “Korean Stress” on the RTD website. @walrus @Master
    Cool story, bro.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cyber bullying, star suicides: The dark side of South Korea

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did Beanzer have to influence PEOPLE to mention Miles' height and body type all the time? First lanky fuckers was trending, then Fenster banned Beanz for that vicious attack, now Beanz is influencing People again. Beanz, park that toss by the door.

Brock, I haven't even posted in this thread and yet here you are blaming me four times in one post for something Gandalf has always been quite open and proud of. Wally, even though he is a twat is hardly "mounting a vicious attack" by calling Gandalf a tall white man
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never even been to Korea, and don't know many Koreans ..... so I am as well qualified as many to have an opinion

However, I do know many international students who study in the UK. I would think it's true that Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Korean) children are under more academic pressure than their Western counterparts. There is certainly a greater societal pressure to conform and 'fit in' which causes a great deal of cognitive dissonance amongst the population. I would guess (because I don't know for a fact) that underlying stress levels are high in those societies,

I do think there is an unpleasant culture in Korean entertainment, whereby women are abused, children are put under enormous pressure to make money and of General corruption and lack of morals. There have been several stories recently about stuff that is going on. Having done business with Korean companies, there is an openness to corruption and nepotism that is not the case with most Western companies.

However, the MeToo movement has exposed exactly the same thing being endemic in the West, perhaps even deeper and more pervasive.

In terms of this young girl who killed herself, that's a family tragedy that shouldn't be cheapened by people hanging their preconceptions on it to 'prove' a point. It is likely that there are many complex underlying reasons for her suicide that we will never know.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

X has nailed it and nailed it good.

Beanz has also proven that Wally is the one with the vicious attacks, not Beanz. My bad.

#BanWally

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Brock, I haven't even posted in this thread and yet here you are blaming me four times in one post for something Gandalf has always been quite open and proud of. Wally, even though he is a twat is hardly "mounting a vicious attack" by calling Gandalf a tall white man
    Thanks beaner I love #youtoo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait, I though that's"Wally" was those terms of endearment.

#UnbanWally
    #40mmWatchMotor

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: South Korea #1 OECD Suicide Leader

K-pop stars Jung Joon-young and Choi Jong-hoon sentenced for rape

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50596943
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: South Korea #1 OECD Suicide Leader

@Master wow! Those bad news just kept on coming from that industries! Culture of chauvinistic, saving "face", taboo about mental health counseling, etc.

Thread Information