Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
In 1993 I had the opportunity to visit South Korea for about 3 weeks. Many many parents told me that they would never ever accept that their children become bakers or mechanics or own a car wash things of that nature in the blue-collar category. They all thought their children would be MBA executives okay? that is unsustainable pie-in-the-sky nonsense. Sick people when a baker or a barber is considered embarrassing to be
You are a compulsive liar. My brother in law is an independent baker running his own operation and does very well. He employs 3 other people and has invested well. Many people encourage their children to go into cuisine and baking and I actually teach a group learning that very trade. I don't think anyone has considered it embarrassing. My sister in law is likewise a hair stylist and once you have your own little set up going on, it pays well too. I am not sure you really saw very much reality in your '3 weeks' as these ideas exist mostly in your head and these trades can pay very well. The jobs people do tend to be the same kind of jobs people do in any developed country and most people are not exactly killing themselves.

Worry more about your own life rather than some Kpop singer that you didn't even know existed until the last 24 hours.
Miles it does seem South Korea has a very high suicide rate, perhaps it’s lack of diversity.