Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dog owner, 63, dies after suffering 'multi-organ failure' when his pet licked him

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dog owner, 63, dies after suffering 'multi-organ failure' when his pet licked him

Tests showed that the bacteria Capnocytophaga canimorsus, found in the saliva of cats and dogs, was rampant in his blood.

Sixteen days after he arrived at hospital, his family made the decision to have his life support turned off.

Three weeks earlier, a 52 year old cat owner was infected from her cat's saliva, and after developing gangrene and an incurable blood infection, the woman died in hospital.

C. canimorsus infections were rare until 2016 and tended to only affect those with a suppressed immune system, no spleen, or alcohol problems, as stated in the European Journal Of Case Reports In Internal Medicine. However in the past 3 years there has been a startling increase in cat owners' deaths due to this infection, and an almost as sharp increase in dog owners' deaths. Doctors across the globe are scrambling to try to explain the sudden change since the summer of 2016.

Even if caught, the infection is fatal in around 36% of cases, they added.

Transmission via licking, with no biting or scratching, is becoming more commonplace.

He developed brain damage and “paralytic ileus”, obstruction of the intestine due to paralysis of the muscles.

After being resuscitated from a cardiac arrest, the man was put on a ventilation machine that “breathed” for him.

Four days into his hospital stay, blood tests finally showed C. canimorsus.

Despite further antibiotics, the man developed epidermolysis of the entire body.

Dogs and cats have unique bacterium in the mouths for a purpose, nature's way of disposing carrion, and those bacteria keep the animals healthy. Those bacteria are actually harmful to us, the team urge pet owners to seek medical help if symptoms “exceed those of a simple viral infection”, like laboured breathing or small, red skin spots.

If a pet owner presents with the above or bruising, doctors should ask when they last came into contact with pets, the authors added.

***FUCKING VILE & HIDEOUS***. WHY THE F*** WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO KEEP A PET IN THEIR HOUSE? ALL THAT PET DANDER FLOATING AROUND LANDING IN THE FOOD AND ON THE BLANKETS AND THE WHOLE HOUSE STINKS LIKE ANIMALS.

F****** sick.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dog owner, 63, dies after suffering 'multi-organ failure' when his pet licked him

Sigh. As if one has never died from contact with another human being. We are covered in bacteria and spread disease be it through historical plague, AIDS, ebola or a cold that can become deadly in the elderly. And here you are picking on cats and dogs.

Nobody is forcing you to get a dog, think about pension plans, or listen to Kpop.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dog owner, 63, dies after suffering 'multi-organ failure' when his pet licked him

Okay you keep taking the risk

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Okay you keep taking the risk
    You take a risk anytime you leave your home. Death by cat is the least of your worries in ahem Baltimore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mals_to_humans

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A man who turns his back on and finds no companionship in a dag is no man. Truth is there are more contaminants and bad mojo in general among some people you let in than on ol Rufus sleeping on the sofa. I will say cat saliva is nothing to play with. And they're not even close to being as honest as dogs. My advice is to buy a gold fish.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Least of mine parce que I don't have a cat

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    A man who turns his back on and finds no companionship in a dag is no man. Truth is there are more contaminants and bad mojo in general among some people you let in than on ol Rufus sleeping on the sofa. I will say cat saliva is nothing to play with. And they're not even close to being as honest as dogs. My advice is to buy a gold fish.
    Yes dogs farther better then gross cats. Cat saliva is VILE as are cat owners' who deny it. Yes 2nd point also bang on that gold fish rule. Cats, just scum.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yes dogs farther better then gross cats. Cat saliva is VILE as are cat owners' who deny it. Yes 2nd point also bang on that gold fish rule. Cats, just scum.
    I have to admit this is the first time I’ve doubted the authenticity of my French friend

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What rubbish. I have been drinking my cats saliva for years, and there's nothing wrong with me .....

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why X, you've honestemente changed!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey frenchy first off you are probably into poodles so enough said on that. Second how many people in the western world have a pet? Of those how many have died from said pet. Come back to me when you can have true discussion. Studies show children raised in homes that have dogs are healthier than those who don’t. Now saddofrenchyfats you know I’ve had my “family” protect you. I’m not saying I’m dropping your protection but it would be sad if you had a freak accident out of nowhere. You could be gazing at the silly tower you have made out of cross beams and out of nowhere a baseball bat happens to hit your shins. It’s tough fats, you gotta watch yourself.
    Last edited by walrus; 12-02-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Thread Information