Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder vs 1973 Foreman/Frazier or 1980 Holmes

I don't think why there has a chance at all and I mean of course he has the punchers chance, but I cannot see him beating young George Foreman or young Larry Holmes. An interesting about would be the much much shorter Joe Frazier in his prime let's say the Joe Frazier who fought Muhammad Ali in the first fight at Madison square garden, that Joe Frazier of March 8th 1971 vs deontay Wilder. That would really be a bizarre match up just given the big difference in their sizes.

George Foreman was the only one to be able to manhandle Joe Frazier. but does deontay Wilder have the same kind of style as George Foreman had in 1973? I don't see it that way

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs 1973 Foreman/Frazier or 1980 Holmes

No offense bro but........ is this a joke? Now you're talking elite ATG's in their respective primes. Do you honestly expect someone to come in here and say Wilder would've flattened them all? Or is this another thinly-veiled Wilder hate thread? I'm all for keeping it real. Wilder has below average boxing skills and shoots off his mouth a lot, but he's exciting to watch. Has brought excitement to the heavyweight division for the first time in DECADES. After Fury's win over Wlad I was ready to slit my wrists. Joshua-Wlad cured some of that. Now we have a division where we actually look forward to (and talk about) fights.

No one...... NO ONE..... has insinuated that Wilder is an ATG or any of that nonsense. But he keeps beating whomever they put in front of him.... his level of opposition has considerably improved..... and I no longer have Wlad fights to cure my insomnia.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs 1973 Foreman/Frazier or 1980 Holmes

No offense taken. This was absolutely not a joke of a question for two reasons. (Nor is it a thinly veiled or even a blatant Wilder bashing thread).

First I must say that I was never sold at all on deontay Wilder and I still have my doubts. As several have already mentioned he appears to be only comfortable when somebody is standing straight in front of him in his range. come to think of it that is quite a lot like Anthony Joshua isn't it? And that is why on another note which I will not get into now I think that neither Joshua nor Wilder can beat Tyson fury.

Having said that, we all must admit that Wilder keeps marching forward sparking everyone and nearly sparked Tyson fury that night. I believe that he is getting better and I am not so sure anymore of the doubts that I had about him up until about his fight with Tyson fury. I have seen less and less of those wild amateurish windmill helicopter type of swings and more and more of better footwork and better positioning. it appears he is getting better and better and since he is a late bloomer and since a heavyweight can easily fight on now till at least 35 or 36 with full confidence, he is becoming a bit frightening isn't he? And with that kind of power we really must ask at this time how he would fare against those fighters in their primes mentioned in the title of this thread.

Thread Information