Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis v Yuriorkis Gamboa

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Donaire is in a different stratosphere to Gamboa and Ortiz, not just the fact he was still a current highly rated "world" champion but his past accomplishments. He was underrated against Inoue. Boxing fans are too quick to write off proven world-class fighters. Class is permanent.

Donaire - four weight "world" champion, Ring Belt Champion, defeated thirteen former/future "world" champions, 2012 Fighter of the Year, 2007 Upset of the Year, 2007, 2011 KO of the Year, spent four years concurrent top six P4P rated (Ring). First Ballot HOF. Fact.

Gamboa - former featherweight "world" champion, defeated 6 former "world" champions. No chance HOF. Fact.

Ortiz - ZERO x "world" champion, defeated ZERO former/current champions. No chance HOF. Fact.
    You still claiming Miguel Marriaga coming off a loss and moving up in weight is a good opponent? 3 world title opportunities, 3 losses. Bunch of bums otherwise but wins your favor because you like the opponent, fact. Is it that you are a terrible judge of talent or that you have an agenda?

You are so obvious. Marriaga is good but Gamboa isn’t, GTFOOH with your BS. I see right through you. Everyone will eventually because you are so obvious and I’ll just keep pointing out your double standards and they’ll catch on to exactly when they appl. You can’t do the same thing every time forever before people see it
    Maybe you should just start ignoring Fenster. You are trying to make him look bad but you just make yourself look bad because you are so obsessed with him. You claim that you just have a certain type of “attitude,” but come across as very vengeful as if you had something traumatic happen to you as a kid and now want all those who have wronged you or anyone like that to suffer.

If something traumatic did happen to you then I truly am sorry. That’s awful. I just want you to know that there are better and more healthy ways to deal with it.
    I’m good man. Thanks

I ignored the coincidences for years. Eventually people need to speak up or we are condoning it
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 12-02-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Interesting that with Ortiz it’s old old old, not good. With Gamboa it’s old old old, not talented. But with Donaire all I hear is good good good. On the downside, but good. I don’t know what it says but it’s interesting. I don’t know what’s different in these scenarios, just catches my eye that 3 very similar situations are looked at so vastly differently. I mean, Inoue has become number 1 P4P off beating a guy of equal age. Because the old guy gave him hell. What if Gamboa gives Tank hell? He gave Crawford some major issues. Sure that was a long time ago but we could say “Donaire gave Rigo no issues at all, long ago”

I’m hoping for a good fight and Tank to move on to bigger things, it’s time if he has it in him.
    Over roughly the last year Donaire had got a win over a unified belt holder, Gamboa best win was a shot to pieces Martinez. I don't Inoue at #1 P4P, but he is up there and it has nothing to do with the Donaire fight. If anything he slipped a little, but he did fight with an injury and won pretty clear, although taking a fair amount of punishment.
    Well, by many accounts Inoue moved up precisely off this fight. I don’t lower him at all. He’s been high with me and stays high with me. I just want him to learn some defense or he will get KOed before too long. Well, not now that he’s with TR because their matchmaker is the best in the business. But his defense is too leaky to have his chin in the air as he does.

Same weight as Rigo now right, hmmm
    I can only speak for myself. Before the Donaire fight I had Inoue right on Usyk's heals. As of now there's a bit of breathing room. Like I said, he's up there, he's 3 divisions north of where he started and who knows who Donaire would be seen had he stayed at 118. Is Rigo still fighting Solis at 118 or has that fight fallen through? Rigo was always small at 122 for me, but for Inoue it would be another fight where if he struggles at all, you will get the casuals claiming he was exposed, overrated etc. I think it would be another good fight and another good name on Inoue's record, but there are also other good fights to be made for Inoue at 118.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Donaire is in a different stratosphere to Gamboa and Ortiz, not just the fact he was still a current highly rated "world" champion but his past accomplishments. He was underrated against Inoue. Boxing fans are too quick to write off proven world-class fighters. Class is permanent.

Donaire - four weight "world" champion, Ring Belt Champion, defeated thirteen former/future "world" champions, 2012 Fighter of the Year, 2007 Upset of the Year, 2007, 2011 KO of the Year, spent four years concurrent top six P4P rated (Ring). First Ballot HOF. Fact.

Gamboa - former featherweight "world" champion, defeated 6 former "world" champions. No chance HOF. Fact.

Ortiz - ZERO x "world" champion, defeated ZERO former/current champions. No chance HOF. Fact.
    You still claiming Miguel Marriaga coming off a loss and moving up in weight is a good opponent? 3 world title opportunities, 3 losses. Bunch of bums otherwise but wins your favor because you like the opponent, fact. Is it that you are a terrible judge of talent or that you have an agenda?

You are so obvious. Marriaga is good but Gamboa isn’t, GTFOOH with your BS. I see right through you. Everyone will eventually because you are so obvious and I’ll just keep pointing out your double standards and they’ll catch on to exactly when they appl. You can’t do the same thing every time forever before people see it
    Maybe you should just start ignoring Fenster. You are trying to make him look bad but you just make yourself look bad because you are so obsessed with him. You claim that you just have a certain type of “attitude,” but come across as very vengeful as if you had something traumatic happen to you as a kid and now want all those who have wronged you or anyone like that to suffer.

If something traumatic did happen to you then I truly am sorry. That’s awful. I just want you to know that there are better and more healthy ways to deal with it.
    Funny thing is, if he saw me he'd think - that guy? That's the guy i'm in awe of? The guy I constantly slander? The guy I attempted to ruin? Then walk of shaking his damn head, wouldn't even ask for a selfie.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank's first fight in 2020 is guaranteed PPV. Who against? It doesn't matter who against as Tank is a superstar, he can fight anyone.

Do these pricks like Ellerbe actually realise they're constantly shitting all over their audience? He might as well say - the fans are morons, they'll buy anything as long as Tank gives them a body. Everytime Radio Raheem brings up Loma, Teo, Haney etc it doesn't matter as Tank doesn't need them they need Tank.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank hasn’t earned PPV main event status. He is talented for sure and has all the tools, but he still hasn’t proven to be a top fighter. He looks the part but hasn’t proven it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

30 minutes of Ellerbe is way to much to listen to on a Holiday but he's shoveling shat uphill if he thinks Davis gets a free pass to instant ppv stardom. You still need a dance partner and thus far he's riding recent wins over last minute replacements and a 40 year old never fully realized Gamboa, pending victory.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure if Davis is easily amused or high as hell here. I'm going with high as hell. Any idea what the purses are on this one?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Davis had trouble making weight. Missed it the first time around but made it the next. It’s always weird to me when someone moves up in weight and misses weight or comes close to missing it. It’s like they think 5 pounds is a lot and they can eat a lot more food.

Also sounds like he created a riot on the stage by shoving Gamboa before Davis even weighed in. Haven’t seen the video of it yet though.

I still think that Tank wins pretty easily though. Gambia’s main chance is that he is still very athletic and is quick enough to maybe be able to counter with some pick punches.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy paths little discipline and promotion that takes fans for complete fools with instant ppv star talk. Oh and Broner as a best bud . He may very well look sensational tomorrow night, the 'next Mayweather' it's expected. But he's starting to really feel like a guy who is in danger of letting it pass him by.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tank heading down the wrong path. a scare from gamboa might be just the thing he needs
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Easy paths little discipline and promotion that takes fans for complete fools with instant ppv star talk. Oh and Broner as a best bud . He may very well look sensational tomorrow night, the 'next Mayweather' it's expected. But he's starting to really feel like a guy who is in danger of letting it pass him by.

That right there will screw up anybody's mind. He best not adopt Broner's mindset, or he's toast.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you guys heard Davis speak? He is beyond all hope mentally. Terrific athlete and I'm not saying he will inevitably self destruct or go the wrong way, anything like that, just that his mind is already a wrap.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Davis had trouble making weight. Missed it the first time around but made it the next. It’s always weird to me when someone moves up in weight and misses weight or comes close to missing it. It’s like they think 5 pounds is a lot and they can eat a lot more food.

Also sounds like he created a riot on the stage by shoving Gamboa before Davis even weighed in. Haven’t seen the video of it yet though.

I still think that Tank wins pretty easily though. Gambia’s main chance is that he is still very athletic and is quick enough to maybe be able to counter with some pick punches.
    It may seem like that but it is not necessarily that at all. Most fighters cut a significant amount of weight. Sometimes it comes off better than other times. He may have ate exactly right to be on weight for his cut and just had the cut go wrong.

He could have been overweight before the cut, just saying he may have done his diet exactly right and just f’d up the cut.

We will never know unless it’s competitive. If it’s a hard fight and he fades his weight was probably off. If it’s a hard fight and he finishes strong his weight was probably right.

Either way the dude needs to get away from Broner

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It may seem like that but it is not necessarily that at all. Most fighters cut a significant amount of weight. Sometimes it comes off better than other times. He may have ate exactly right to be on weight for his cut and just had the cut go wrong.

He could have been overweight before the cut, just saying he may have done his diet exactly right and just f’d up the cut.

We will never know unless it’s competitive. If it’s a hard fight and he fades his weight was probably off. If it’s a hard fight and he finishes strong his weight was probably right.

I can get that. I was a wrestler for many years and understand that cutting weight is a science. You want to get right on weight. You don’t want to cut any more than needed. Maybe they miscalculated. At least he made it on the second attempt though.

I get the idea that getting away from Broner will help, but from what I’ve seen for the most part is that people keep a certain type of company. If it’s not Broner it will be someone like that. It’s kind of like the whole AA thing. One of the ways to fix your problem is completely revamp your friends from your old life. Unless Davis changes himself, he will continue to hang around with toxic people.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can get that. I was a wrestler for many years and understand that cutting weight is a science. You want to get right on weight. You don’t want to cut any more than needed. Maybe they miscalculated. At least he made it on the second attempt though.

I get the idea that getting away from Broner will help, but from what I’ve seen for the most part is that people keep a certain type of company. If it’s not Broner it will be someone like that. It’s kind of like the whole AA thing. One of the ways to fix your problem is completely revamp your friends from your old life. Unless Davis changes himself, he will continue to hang around with toxic people.
    Yeah, and moving to Hotlanta doesn’t usually mean someone is maturing

Thread Information