Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis v Yuriorkis Gamboa

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Gamboa says he ruptured his Achilles tendon?? Not second-guessing the guy... but I think he would've been writhing in pain had it been a ruptured Achilles. He does apparently have something wrong with his foot and not his shoe.
    No way he ruptured his Achilles. You can hobble on a ruptured Achilles but you can’t move around like that. He might have hurt something around that area though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully this fight makes Tank take training and fundamentals more seriously. He beat Gamboa pretty easily, but Gamboa was definitely showing his age from the opening bell. I think he has all the talent but not all the skills. At this point, I think Loma easily outpoints him. I would even pick Teofimo over him. He just gets hit too easily.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Gamboa says he ruptured his Achilles tendon?? Not second-guessing the guy... but I think he would've been writhing in pain had it been a ruptured Achilles. He does apparently have something wrong with his foot and not his shoe.
    No way he ruptured his Achilles. You can hobble on a ruptured Achilles but you can’t move around like that. He might have hurt something around that area though.
    Probably more like acute tendonitis of his right Achilles tendon. Could be a partial tear. Was diagnosed with it after a fall off a table at work. If it was a complete tear He would have been on the map and stayed there no question. But by the way his foot was flopping around when he had take a step back, It seemed pretty familiar. You can't put any weight on it and it feels like you're doing a spacewalk. Everything goes numb at first. I was afraid to take my sneaker off until I got to the emergency room cuz it felt like that was the only thing holding my foot together /in place. I only feel it when it gets super cold now and walk normally but I have a lot of scar tissue around the middle of the tendon.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis made hard work of that looking for the KO way too much instead of boxing clever first and letting it happen.
    Stamina looked poor and it all looked a bit forced.
    Hope he learns from this, knuckles down and starts fighting 3 or more times a year.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Probably more like acute tendonitis of his right Achilles tendon. Could be a partial tear. Was diagnosed with it after a fall off a table at work. If it was a complete tear He would have been on the map and stayed there no question. But by the way his foot was flopping around when he had take a step back, It seemed pretty familiar. You can't put any weight on it and it feels like you're doing a spacewalk. Everything goes numb at first. I was afraid to take my sneaker off until I got to the emergency room cuz it felt like that was the only thing holding my foot together /in place. I only feel it when it gets super cold now and walk normally but I have a lot of scar tissue around the middle of the tendon.
    Well it looked like it did rupture. Who knows how badly but that’s pretty impressive that he could last 10 rounds after that. It actually makes Tanks win much less impressive.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis on that performance will struggle with other lightweights Lomo and Lopez.
    Forget about Taylor would clean his clock Tank reminds me of Broner both Floyd clones attitude stinks.
    Davis looked knackered in the fight against a old seen better days fighter.!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least Davis knows he didn't impress anybody. He gave himself a C+ for his performance after the fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamboa: I fought 10 rounds against Davis with ruptured Achilles

Yuriorkis Gamboa revealed he fought 10 rounds against Gervonta Davis on Saturday with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Gamboa was eventually beaten in the 12th round, the referee waving off the contest after the 38-year-old Cuban had been felled for a third time.

However, the veteran duly revealed he had been severely hampered by a serious injury sustained early in the contest.

"I think I ruptured my Achilles tendon before I fell in the second round," Gamboa was quoted as saying by Boxing Scene, with ESPN reporting that post-fight examinations had confirmed that diagnosis.

"I'm a warrior and I kept going, but as soon as I felt it I knew it was ruptured. I couldn't put pressure on it.

"I wanted to keep going. I told my corner it was a problem, but I wanted to keep going because I'm a warrior. I'm going to keep going - 135 is my weight, I want to stay there."

Victory for Davis (23-0) earned him the WBA's lightweight belt, although Vasyl Lomachenko remains the organisation's 'super' champion.

After taking time to overcome his injured opponent, Davis told a news conference: "I'm happy with my performance. I'm only 25 years old, so I'm learning. 2020 will be a big year for me.

"I had him hurt throughout the fight, but he showed he was a tough opponent. I knew he was hurt and he was wobbling, but somehow he was still moving his head - that's how I knew I wasn't in the ring with no regular guy, I was in there with someone with top experience."

Davis, who was called out by Devin Haney, said he was willing to fight any opponent at 135 or 130lb.

Asked if he felt he had moved closer to a potential meeting with Lomachenko, he added: "Saying it's moved me closer to that fight is like he's above me. I don't feel like anybody is above me.

"I'm the cash cow, I believe so, at 135 or 130. I'm selling out rings, I'm putting butts on the seats - I don't think he [Lomachenko] is doing that. So, line 'em up. I'm willing to fight anybody. I'm ready for them all."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gam...124723966.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis needs to get back to basics. He was just loading up. Based on that performance guys like Loma and Haney give him hell.

How bout that Pascal/ Jack fight? A late addition FOTY contenter. I'm not surprised to see another Jack fight almost scored a draw.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What are you talking about Davis KOs heavyweights? If so they are obviously piss poor or not even pro fighters, what kind of a claim is that. By no means saying he isn't a great puncher or anything, just don't be a loon.
    If you don’t like facts sure throw out insults. Ignore what has happened

Here is just one witness talking about it. But you weren’t there so go ahead and continue speculating and insulting rather than listening. It’s a great way to be wrong but feel right

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXQls7cgig

Just one witness talking about it, and that makes it a fact? Also I'll assume he doesn't mention what calibre of HW it was. I take it you weren't there either. I wasn't insulting you, thats boring as you do it for us.
    - he irons out heavyweights but gets taken 12 by a shot geriatric with one leg. LDBC/PBC never lie, only non-Haymonites do that.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-30-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gervonta Davis won the battle fairly easily, but he seemed uninspired. I don't see Davis facing a tough challenge in his next fight. The battle between Jean Pascal and Badou Jack was a complete war. Jack is always a beast later in the battle

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By all accounts I'm seeing there sounds like legitimacy to what Gamboa was saying and achilles was injured . Sounds like they're waiting to hear level and if surgery needed . Have to say all things considered Gamboa very much comes out of this as 'the story' and I for one admit to my big foot being in my big mouth saying he was trying the Chavez Jr his way out of it. I'm no Doctor but that's massive heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    What are you talking about Davis KOs heavyweights? If so they are obviously piss poor or not even pro fighters, what kind of a claim is that. By no means saying he isn't a great puncher or anything, just don't be a loon.
    If you don’t like facts sure throw out insults. Ignore what has happened

Here is just one witness talking about it. But you weren’t there so go ahead and continue speculating and insulting rather than listening. It’s a great way to be wrong but feel right

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXQls7cgig

Just one witness talking about it, and that makes it a fact? Also I'll assume he doesn't mention what calibre of HW it was. I take it you weren't there either. I wasn't insulting you, thats boring as you do it for us.
    That’s a person that sees his sparring sessions, you are saying something doesn’t happen on absolutely no evidence. I have a good friend(pro fighter) who was knocked out by Davis(not a heavyweight but a pro) and his description of Tanks power is “inhuman”.

I can get this pro fighter in here to talk about Davis’s sparring sessions as well very easily. But what does it matter. You say things don’t happen so it’s true right. Forget the people that actually see it.

My loon ass will just keep listening to the people in the sport and you and Fenny can circle jerk with your opinions based on nothing. Well, we all know what Fenny’s opinion is based on, coincidence

Here’s some footage of him sparring guys 6 weight divisions up. Doesn’t show him KOing anyone but fits with what the guy says that he soars guys from all weight classes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E9IAZ4zs0e4
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 12-31-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here’s a 168lb fighter that has sparred Davis saying “Davis punishes 168 pounders” but what does he know he’s just another pro witness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N4900iBOV8Q

Thread Information