Bivol
    Benavidez
    Plant
    Derevyanchenko
    Charlo
    Andrade
    Saunders
    Smith

Any chance Eubank Jr gets a crack if he gets by Korobov?
    Is Korobov any good? Powerpuncher and you rate him and think he could beat Eubank Jnr.
    I had Korobov beating Charlo, the worst he deserved in that fight was a draw. He should have got the decision easy in his last fight with Aleem. I thought he was past his best a year ago but he brings in the better skills. He can be hurt tho and his stamina is questionable, so that will play towards Eubank strength as he comes on late. I think Eubank can get to him late but won't be surprised if Korobov earns a decision.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo’s short list

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    GGG-most thought he lost to Derevyanchenko
    Smith-Most thought he lost to Ryder
    Ryder-okay, but deserves Smith rematch
    BJS-looked hot garbage last out

No Andrade, no Charlo.

We still pretending?
    Andre Ward needs to come back man. He can do it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still haven't seen Canelo beat GGG yet! A 3rd fight is a must!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez gives up WBO light heavyweight title six weeks after win

Canelo Alvarez knocked out Sergey Kovalev six weeks ago to win the WBO light heavyweight belt. Now, he’s vacating the title.

There are no shady dealings or wrongdoing. Alvarez is voluntarily relinquishing the title to comply with the World Boxing Organization’s rules, which prohibit champions like Alvarez from holding titles in multiple weight classes from other boxing organizations. Since Alvarez currently holds the middleweight and secondary super middleweight titles with the World Boxing Association, he had to give up his light heavyweight belt with the WBO.

Alvarez is getting something in return, though. According to ESPN, the WBO agreed to allow Alvarez to be the designated mandatory challenger to any WBO titleholder in any division he wants to fight in. So Alvarez doesn’t have any hard feelings about giving up the belt — in fact, he’s looking at it as an opportunity.

"I know that my accomplishments in the ring have brought pride to my fans and my country," Alvarez said in a statement, via ESPN. "I have long enjoyed my relationship with the WBO and appreciate all they do to preserve and enhance the sport of boxing. This agreement allows the WBO to have its light heavyweight title contested regularly and allows me to pursue bouts against the best opponents, regardless of weight class."

Oscar De La Hoya, Alvarez’s promoter and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, was similarly positive about Alvarez’s future.

"We completely support the decision made by Canelo Alvarez and the WBO," De La Hoya told ESPN. "Canelo made history by stopping Sergey Kovalev in impressive fashion to become a four-division world champion. Not only did he show that he is a real threat at 175 pounds, but he also demonstrated that he is fully capable of moving across several divisions to look for the most exciting fights for the fans.”

Alvarez, who is 29 years old and 53-1-2 with 36 KOs, has won belts in four divisions overall and in three different divisions over the past 12 months. In December 2018 he knocked out Rocky Fielding to claim the super middleweight title while also being the reigning middleweight world champion. He went back to middleweight in May and defeated Daniel Jacobs to unify the belts, though one was stripped from him. Just last month he jumped two divisions (and added 15 pounds) to light heavyweight and knocked out Kovalev to capture the WBO belt.

Alvarez is set to fight again in May 2020, but has yet to decide between middleweight or super middleweight.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...162721427.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does this mean that Canelo is still free to pursue the other light heavy titles from the likes of Bivol and Beterbiev?

Oops..... sorry. I know I stepped out of line there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Does this mean that Canelo is still free to pursue the other light heavy titles from the likes of Bivol and Beterbiev?

I’m not even upset at this because it was obvious what he was doing from the beginning. It was a title grab to make “history.” We all knew that he had no real intention to fight the best at that weight.

I sound like a broken record but I’m just hoping he tries to clean out a division for once. I know that’s being unrealistic, but a guy can dream.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

I’m not even upset at this because it was obvious what he was doing from the beginning. It was a title grab to make “history.” We all knew that he had no real intention to fight the best at that weight.

I sound like a broken record but I’m just hoping he tries to clean out a division for once. I know that’s being unrealistic, but a guy can dream.

Let's not sell him short. Ok..... who do we have at cruiser? That would be historic. Imagine the consequences.

Besides, cleaning out divisions is overrated. Why clean out a division when you can pick and choose between several divisions? I don't think people realize the work involved in identifying victims who are ripe for the picking.

Rocky Fielding was easy peasy. Kovalev was a stroke of genius. But it only gets harder from here.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not sell him short. Ok..... who do we have at cruiser? That would be historic. Imagine the consequences.

Besides, cleaning out divisions is overrated. Why clean out a division when you can pick and choose between several divisions? I don't think people realize the work involved in identifying victims who are ripe for the picking.

Rocky Fielding was easy peasy. Kovalev was a stroke of genius. But it only gets harder from here.
    It would have to be a Charles Martin type situation at cruiserweight. Someone who isn’t good that somehow falls into a belt. Let’s hope that that happens for history sake

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would have to be a Charles Martin type situation at cruiserweight. Someone who isn’t good that somehow falls into a belt. Let’s hope that that happens for history sake

I have all the faith in the world that the Canelo Records Analytics Program (C.R.A.P.) will churn away non-stop until such a limping deer in headlights worthy opponent at cruiserweight is identified.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have all the faith in the world that the Canelo Records Analytics Program (C.R.A.P.) will churn away non-stop until such a limping deer in headlights worthy opponent at cruiserweight is identified.
    Please don't jinx it Tito, Beibut Shumenov is still a belt holder with a certain sanctioning body at Cruiser.

We all knew that Beterbiev would get the call up.

Did Smith show himself to be vulnerable enough to land the golden goose?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Please don't jinx it Tito, Beibut Shumenov is still a belt holder with a certain sanctioning body at Cruiser.

Cruiser looks doable, Alpha. Not too familiar with two of the champions (Shumenov and Goulamirian). Now's probably a good time to strike. Which current cruiser champion looks more Bambi-ish to you?

Goula's French... and I see he's rarely fought outside of France.

No matter though.

Never underestimate the WBC.

"Compatriota" Mauricio might even be hard at work as we speak, creating another belt at cruiser for Canelo to fight for.

We'd need a weak contender at cruiser..... make him a mandatory challenger for the vacant new belt alongside Canelo..... and voilá!! You've got a new cruiser champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cruiser looks doable, Alpha. Not too familiar with two of the champions (Shumenov and Goulamirian). Now's probably a good time to strike. Which current cruiser champion looks more Bambi-ish to you?

No matter though.

"Compatriota" Mauricio might even be hard at work as we speak, creating another belt at cruiser for Canelo to fight for.

We'd need a weak contender at cruiser..... make him a mandatory challenger for the vacant new belt alongside Canelo..... and voilá!! You've got a new cruiser champion.
    Goulamirian is a beast and way too dangerous for Canelo. I can't even remember the last time Shumenov fought, how he still holds a belt is beyond me, same sort of situation as Charr I guess.

You are probably closer to the truth than you know, they just create some type of francise title for him to collect.

Lerena holds a minor trinket, but I think he probably presents a little more than the desired risk.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No matter though.

Goulamirian is a beast and way too dangerous for Canelo. I can't even remember the last time Shumenov fought, how he still holds a belt is beyond me, same sort of situation as Charr I guess.

You are probably closer to the truth than you know, they just create some type of francise title for him to collect.

Lerena holds a minor trinket, but I think he probably presents a little more than the desired risk.

You realize we could hold menial jobs with C.R.A.P., right?

You're a bit more up-to-date than me.... but we'd both be charged with the computerized machinery that would eventually churn out a suitable opponent for Canelo... whether it's for an outright title challenge.... or for a newly-manufactured WBC trinket.

We'd have to get neck deep in research.... scouting every possible angle, advantage, loophole, weakness, timing, etc, etc.

We'd report our findings, our recommendations would be entered into C.R.A.P., and the program would churn out probabilities of victory for each of these recommendations. Probabilities of less than 95% would be thrown out immediately, and we'd probably get reprimanded by presenting live threats in the first place.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo will still be p4p number 1 this time next year. his legend continues to grow
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Team Canelo and "compadre" Sulaiman have certainly paid enough for that to happen. That would be the fruits of their hard labor.

Thread Information