Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo’s short list

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    canelo will still be p4p number 1 this time next year. his legend continues to grow
    Still? Who has him at #1?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    canelo will still be p4p number 1 this time next year. his legend continues to grow

Her.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ring magazine, tbrb, boxrec, me
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ring magazine doesn’t count because who runs it. Very biased. Boxrec aren’t real rankings. Most reputable sources still have him at #3

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ring magazine doesn’t count because who runs it. Very biased. Boxrec aren’t real rankings. Most reputable sources still have him at #3
    i can't help that you don't like the answer
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TBRB had Canelo at #5 about a month ago.

The top 4 must've died since then.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I’m just letting you know that if anyone uses boxrec and acts like it’s a legitimate ranking system then you are proving yourself to be unknowledgable about boxrec. And everybody who knows anything knows that Ring would obviously put Canelo first.

Maybe if you would have researched and found more reputable sources then your point of him being #1 p4p “still” would make sense. But at it stands, basically you think he is #1 along with a computer and his own team. You can think what you want, but I’m just letting you know that no other real sources think that he’s #1.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still want to hear the explanation as to how TBRB has him #1.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I’m just letting you know that if anyone uses boxrec and acts like it’s a legitimate ranking system then you are proving yourself to be unknowledgable about boxrec. And everybody who knows anything knows that Ring would obviously put Canelo first.

Maybe if you would have researched and found more reputable sources then your point of him being #1 p4p “still” would make sense. But at it stands, basically you think he is #1 along with a computer and his own team. You can think what you want, but I’m just letting you know that no other real sources think that he’s #1.
    you asked, i answered, i can't help that you don't like the answer. tell me, is p4p a legitimate ranking system? you are now putting stipulations on your question "who has him at #1?" which do not relate to my answer and telling me i needed to research to satisfy your opinion. my reply perfectly answers your question

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you asked, i answered, i can't help that you don't like the answer. tell me, is p4p a legitimate ranking system? you are now putting stipulations on your question "who has him at #1?" which do not relate to my answer and telling me i needed to research to satisfy your opinion. my reply perfectly answers your question
    His mom probably has him at #1 too. You should have included her. See how ridiculous that sounds? That’s why there are reputable sources and non reputable sources. That’s what I’m trying to tell you.

You can put him at whatever number you want, but the whole argument is that you said he will “still” be #1 p4p. If you would have ended that statement with “on my list” then it would have been fine. I would have disagreed but the claim would have at least made sense.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His mom probably has him at #1 too. You should have included her. See how ridiculous that sounds? That’s why there are reputable sources and non reputable sources. That’s what I’m trying to tell you.

You can put him at whatever number you want, but the whole argument is that you said he will “still” be #1 p4p. If you would have ended that statement with “on my list” then it would have been fine. I would have disagreed but the claim would have at least made sense.
    it's not just my list though is it? you asked who? i answered with some examples. in your opinion those examples aren't reputable, others would disagree with you. there are more i could list but then i would have to check with you if each is acceptable to your standards. p4p is subjective or do you think it is a legitimate ranking system? my statement made sense. he is number one p4p according to others and myself and will still be number one this time next year. i don't agree with lomachenko being number one on some lists, or crawford but i wouldn't call those sources not real, because p4p has no set criteria

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's not just my list though is it? you asked who? i answered with some examples. in your opinion those examples aren't reputable, others would disagree with you. there are more i could list but then i would have to check with you if each is acceptable to your standards. p4p is subjective or do you think it is a legitimate ranking system? my statement made sense. he is number one p4p according to others and myself and will still be number one this time next year. i don't agree with lomachenko being number one on some lists, or crawford but i wouldn't call those sources not real, because p4p has no set criteria

I hate to butt in on a private conversation, but you mentioned TBRB had him at #1. I looked it up and saw they actually have him at #5. Just 4 places differences... but what the hell.

I'll keep on mentioning this, and once again pardon me for butting into your private conversation with powerpuncher.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I hate to butt in on a private conversation, but you mentioned TBRB had him at #1. I looked it up and saw they actually have him at #5. Just 4 places differences... but what the hell.

I'll keep on mentioning this, and once again pardon me for butting into your private conversation with powerpuncher.
    tbrb have him at number one
    https://www.tbrb.org/p4p/

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transn...Rankings_Board

#5 as of 20 november 2019

Like I said, lots must've happened in that one-month period.

Anyway, here's another listing that has him at #5.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#6a51988b4139

Here's ESPN, weighing in at #3. How they have him over Inoue is beyond me.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-impress-panel

This dude has him at #6.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-148570.html

Like I said, p4p lists and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee at the corner doughnut shop. They don't mean jack.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transn...Rankings_Board

#5 as of 20 november 2019

Like I said, lots must've happened in that one-month period.

Anyway, here's another listing that has him at #5.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#6a51988b4139

Here's ESPN, weighing in at #3. How they have him over Inoue is beyond me.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-impress-panel

This dude has him at #6.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-148570.html

Like I said, p4p lists and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee at the corner doughnut shop. They don't mean jack.
    canelo has been tbrb's number one p4p since their november 5 list according to their achives
    https://www.tbrb.org/2019/11/06/5-november-2019/
    i agree that p4p lists aren't worth much and have already said they are subjective. i just answered a question, providing examples. reasons for those examples not being accepted are not relevant to the examples existing. i saw a list that had deontay wilder at number one
    oscar de la hoya has canelo at number one, bbut i guess we can't use him
    abel sanchez
    kevin cunningham
    the wbc and mauricio sulaiman, but i guess we can't accept them either
    cbssports, brian campbell has canelo at number one
    we could go back and forth all day. but there is no point. it is all opinion based. i just answered a question and provided some examples
    Last edited by TIC; 12-21-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information