1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo’s short list

Canelo Alvarez vs Ryota Murata in Japan

De La Hoya Claims Charlo’s Handlers Turned Down OFFER

Ryota Murata is reportedly another option being considered for Canelo Alvarez next with “serious talks” said to be taking place for a Japan fight. Murata holds the WBA ‘regular’ middleweight belt and is a star in his home country.
    Jermall Charlo rejected a ”very lucrative offer” to face Canelo Alvarez last year, according to Canelo’s promoter Oscar De La Hoya of Golden Boy Promotions.

De La Hoya said he offered WBC Middleweight World Champion Charlo ”by far the biggest purse of his career” to face WBA (Super), WBC (Franchise), RING Magazine Middleweight World Champion Canelo, but was astonished when it was turned down.

– “We had an amazing, amazing offer for Charlo, a very lucrative offer for Charlo, and he turned it down,” De La Hoya told @heyitsmarcosv of @fighthubtv. ”Well, Charlo didn’t turn it down, but his agent or whoever, whoever’s behind PBC, I don’t know.”

http://thaboxingvoice.com/%E2%98%8E%...r%F0%9F%98%B1/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez is ‘doing a Floyd Mayweather’ to leave Callum Smith ‘gutted’ and set to miss out on super fight

Canelo Alvarez is “doing a Floyd Mayweather” to fight whoever he wants, when he wants, according to Callum Smith’s trainer Joe Gallagher.

The Mexican appeared primed to face the Liverpudlian for his WBA super middleweight world title, or British rival Billy Joe Saunders, who holds the WBO belt.

But Canelo now looks set to pursue a lucrative bout in Japan against Ryota Murata, who holds a secondary version of the world middleweight crown.

With the potential to open up a new market, in partnership with streaming platform DAZN, Gallagher admits his fighter is surprised by the manner in which he is likely to miss out.

“We can safely say that Canelo is doing what Floyd Mayweather did – he fights who he pleases and everyone just does what he says,” Gallagher told Sky Sports.

“Callum will be shocked and gutted, as Billy Joe will be. Everybody was waiting for the golden ticket but it has gone to Murata.

“I don’t think this will go down well in Mexico. We’ve been there with Liam Smith and everybody wanted Canelo vs Callum Smith. Even in Arizona the Mexican people were pushing for Canelo vs Callum.

“In September Canelo will have to fight a Callum or a Gennadiy Golovkin. The inquest will take place in Manchester today.”

Eddie Hearn appeared to suggest Canelo has indeed moved in a different direction, given his involvement with both Smith and Saunders, by announcing on Twitter that no talks have taken place with the pound-for-pound star.

Gallagher meanwhile is suggesting a domestic clash with Saunders is now unlikely too, despite suggestions from Hearn previously that the pair would meet if they both missed out on the ‘golden ticket’.

“We were already putting things in place to fight in April in America,” Gallagher remarked when the Saunders fight was proposed.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...122500864.html

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People like to rewrite history. Floyd wasn’t the cash cow and wasn’t given anything until after he beat De La Hoya. He was one of the best in boxing and didn’t have much of a following outside real fans. Back when I first started really watching boxing, I know about Floyd and knew he was supposed to be one of the best, but I had never seen him fight. He wasn’t near the name of Jones, Hopkins, De La Hoya, Trinidad, etc at the time. He reached the top without the fame.

He then picked his fights more carefully once he was older and at a higher weight where basically everybody outweighed him. I would rather it not happen, but he more earned it. Canelo does the same thing without ever earning it. He didn’t have to go up in the rankings without a huge backing. He has been pushed and brought along perfectly since day 1.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    People like to rewrite history. Floyd wasn’t the cash cow and wasn’t given anything until after he beat De La Hoya. He was one of the best in boxing and didn’t have much of a following outside real fans. Back when I first started really watching boxing, I know about Floyd and knew he was supposed to be one of the best, but I had never seen him fight. He wasn’t near the name of Jones, Hopkins, De La Hoya, Trinidad, etc at the time. He reached the top without the fame.

He then picked his fights more carefully once he was older and at a higher weight where basically everybody outweighed him. I would rather it not happen, but he more earned it. Canelo does the same thing without ever earning it. He didn’t have to go up in the rankings without a huge backing. He has been pushed and brought along perfectly since day 1.
    no one stated floyd was was the cash cow from day one. floyd started picking his fights more carefully after leaving lightweight. floyd was only twenty seven then. canelo took on one of the best super welters in trout, then accepted a catchweight to fight floyd, one of the bet in the sport. then took on angulo, who had gone to war with lara, then faced lara. that in itself is an impressive four fight run. he had a gimme against mandingo, then accepted another catchweight for the cotto fight. the next three fights were mainly money grabs, but out of his last six fights, only fielding was unrated. he fought the percieved best guy at middle ggg twice back to back, then another of the best at middle jacobs after fielding, then jumped two weight divisions to fight a rated titleholder, a so called weak deer that none of the other beltholders had targeted in their time as lightheavies. whatever you think about some of those decisions, canelo has fought some of the best around the weight and has one of the best current records around the weight. there is no shame in losing to a worldclass fighter, but canelo is fighting tough opposition. ggg still hasn't fought jermall yet either, charlo hasn't faced jacobs yet, something both canelo and ggg have done
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murata is my countryman and a special opportunity to see Canelo fight in my country. There are more details, but nothing has been configured yet

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

no one stated floyd was was the cash cow from day one. floyd started picking his fights more carefully after leaving lightweight. floyd was only twenty seven then. canelo took on one of the best super welters in trout, then accepted a catchweight to fight floyd, one of the bet in the sport. then took on angulo, who had gone to war with lara, then faced lara. that in itself is an impressive four fight run. he had a gimme against mandingo, then accepted another catchweight for the cotto fight. the next three fights were mainly money grabs, but out of his last six fights, only fielding was unrated. he fought the percieved best guy at middle ggg twice back to back, then another of the best at middle jacobs after fielding, then jumped two weight divisions to fight a rated titleholder, a so called weak deer that none of the other beltholders had targeted in their time as lightheavies. whatever you think about some of those decisions, canelo has fought some of the best around the weight and has one of the best current records around the weight. there is no shame in losing to a worldclass fighter, but canelo is fighting tough opposition. ggg still hasn't fought jermall yet either, charlo hasn't faced jacobs yet, something both canelo and ggg have done

The BEST way to debunk the Canelo-Floyd comparison is simply to point out that Floyd became a superstar, A-side fighter IN SPITE of the public's hate for him. He fought tough opposition from early in his career..... absolutely NOTHING like Canelo's career. And while Floyd was universally disliked and/or hated by the American boxing fans....... Canelo was born with a silver spoon in his mouth from Day One. His boyish good looks and rugged toughness made him the NEXT BIG STAR even while he was building up a 30-some fight undefeated record against cab drivers from Tijuana (something pretty typical South of the Border). It was DECIDED that Canelo would be the next matinee idol star..... and his career has been carefully orchestrated ever since. SHIT..... even JCC Sr. railed against him in a famous interview many years back. Even when Canelo began fighting legitimate opposition, they were always carefully picked to make sure nobody dented that precious "0" on his record.

They grossly miscalculated against Floyd. Of all the fighters Floyd beat during his career, NOBODY was a less worthy opponent in the ring than Canelo. It was a boring shutout..... a no-hitter. And in testament to Canelo's corrupt network in Vegas..... a piece of shit judge named CJ Ross had the unmitigated gall to call the fight a draw.

But back on point...... the difference here is clear. Floyd became a megastar IN SPITE of everyone's hate for him. Canelo became a star TOTALLY because of the public's love affair with the guy. It was almost preordained.

Every other fighter takes on real risks. They are expected to clean out their respective divisions. Every other fighter BUT CANELO, that is. Canelo gets to skate freely between divisions, picking off the weak calves from the herd.

F*CK GINGER.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the only reason anyone uses the floyd-canelo comparison is because they have both reached a level of fame and stardom where they can now play the a-side game

canelo risked his 0 against the best fighter in the sport at the time, take up the scorecard with cj

every other fighter doesn't take on real risks and not many clean out divisions. i wish artur or bivol had of picked of that weak calf to unify

canelo's legend will continue to grow
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only in that hypnotized mind of yours.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the truth will set you free

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the only reason anyone uses the floyd-canelo comparison is because they have both reached a level of fame and stardom where they can now play the a-side game

canelo risked his 0 against the best fighter in the sport at the time, take up the scorecard with cj

every other fighter doesn't take on real risks and not many clean out divisions. i wish artur or bivol had of picked of that weak calf to unify

Bivol unified the titles which takes a lot of political and financial manoeuvring. Callum Smith has won the super middleweight tournament.

Canelo has had the alphabet boys roll over for him whereas other fighters do not have that luxury.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what those poor bastards in Guyana said just before being offered the Kool-Aid.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Bivol unified the titles which takes a lot of political and financial manoeuvring. Callum Smith has won the super middleweight tournament.

Canelo has had the alphabet boys roll over for him whereas other fighters do not have that luxury.
    explain bivol unified the titles. callum got a gift against ryder, sounds like he got some advantages, and the tournament didn't even have fighters like james d, gilberto or david b, the dirrell's or even eubank and juergen was forced out

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

That's what those poor bastards in Guyana said just before being offered the Kool-Aid.
    how do you know, you weren't there

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

how do you know, you weren't there

Yes I was.

I left when they started to make Kool-Aid toasts to some ginger-haired boxing hype job who would lead blind fan groupies into boxing fanboy stupor more than 40 years into the future.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=TIC;1542321]
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

explain bivol unified the titles. callum got a gift against ryder, sounds like he got some advantages, and the tournament didn't even have fighters like james d, gilberto or david b, the dirrell's or even eubank and juergen was forced out

I meant Beterbiev. My error.

Callum had a close fight with Ryder but that should not detract away from him winning the tournament. Eubank lost to Groves and the other fighters chose not to enter. Callum took the risk and won.

Thread Information