Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo’s short list

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    the truth will set you free

That's what those poor bastards in Guyana said just before being offered the Kool-Aid.
    how do you know, you weren't there

Yes I was.

I left when they started to make Kool-Aid toasts to some ginger-haired boxing hype job who would lead blind fan groupies into boxing fanboy stupor more than 40 years into the future.
    the more you lie, the easier lying becomes

[QUOTE=Master;1542364]
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    the only reason anyone uses the floyd-canelo comparison is because they have both reached a level of fame and stardom where they can now play the a-side game

canelo risked his 0 against the best fighter in the sport at the time, take up the scorecard with cj

every other fighter doesn't take on real risks and not many clean out divisions. i wish artur or bivol had of picked of that weak calf to unify

canelo's legend will continue to grow
    Bivol unified the titles which takes a lot of political and financial manoeuvring. Callum Smith has won the super middleweight tournament.

Canelo has had the alphabet boys roll over for him whereas other fighters do not have that luxury.
    explain bivol unified the titles. callum got a gift against ryder, sounds like he got some advantages, and the tournament didn't even have fighters like james d, gilberto or david b, the dirrell's or even eubank and juergen was forced out

I meant Beterbiev. My error.

Callum had a close fight with Ryder but that should not detract away from him winning the tournament. Eubank lost to Groves and the other fighters chose not to enter. Callum took the risk and won.
    we all make errors, no problem. still doesn't detract from the truth that canelo fought kov before artur, bivol and gvozdyk, who are lightheavyweights

callum got a gift against ryder and everyone know the world boxing super series supermiddleweight tournament has been the weakest of them all. callum won the tournament but ryder was robbed. ryder should be the name people are calling for canelo to fight at supermiddle. titofan complains about canelo's opponents but then names callum instead of ryder. i want to see canelo against the best and ryder already proved he is better than callum
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryder was not robbed, it was a close fight. Callum should have won it far more easily. That is as crazy as you saying Canelo ruined GGG in their first fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryder was not robbed, it was a close fight. Callum should have won it far more easily. That is as crazy as you saying Canelo ruined GGG in their first fight.
    better get your eyes checked. giving callum five rounds is more than generous. are you terry o'connor? i'm still trying to work out when ggg stopped being a risk
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

better get your eyes checked. giving callum five rounds is more than generous. are you terry o'connor? i'm still trying to work out when ggg stopped being a risk
    So if it is possible to give Callum Smith 5 rounds then it surely can not be a robbery.

I watched their fight and think I had it a draw but to use that as an excuse that Canelo should not fight him is a bit weak. It would be Canelo's toughest challenge at super middle.

GGG is always a risk, never said he was not.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My scorecard
    John Ryder 116
    Callum Smith 112
    Smith may be having a hard time limiting weight. He needs to move up the weight class

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all the bs and last minute swindling surrounding the Angelo is an example of why some point to Canelo being afforded all advantages. Have a feeling they’ll make GGG 3 years end or early 2021 when Golovkin is looking for his dentures and collecting social security.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if it is possible to give Callum Smith 5 rounds then it surely can not be a robbery.

I watched their fight and think I had it a draw but to use that as an excuse that Canelo should not fight him is a bit weak. It would be Canelo's toughest challenge at super middle.

i said it would be generous to give callum five rounds, meaning not more than or at the most. i'm want canelo fighting the best, i saw ryder clearly beating callum, so he is the better opponent for me. ryder is the tougher challenge at supermiddleweight, and if you had that fight a draw, then i don't understand how you can consider callum a tougher challenge than ryder, john was considered an easy fight for callum

i also think ggg was a risk, i never said you did, some try to imply he wasn't

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i said it would be generous to give callum five rounds, meaning not more than or at the most. i'm want canelo fighting the best, i saw ryder clearly beating callum, so he is the better opponent for me. ryder is the tougher challenge at supermiddleweight, and if you had that fight a draw, then i don't understand how you can consider callum a tougher challenge than ryder, john was considered an easy fight for callum

Callum had an off night and many fighters have them because they are not motivated. Callum smashed Groves into retirement and when focused is very dangerous. He is huge for the weight and will probably move up if he can not get the fight with Canelo.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum had an off night and many fighters have them because they are not motivated. Callum smashed Groves into retirement and when focused is very dangerous. He is huge for the weight and will probably move up if he can not get the fight with Canelo.
    callum may have had an off night but he should have lost. groves was coming of an injury and was damaged goods. he could fight saunders, but both don't want to take a risk and are holding out for the canelo golden ticket. callum should give ryder a rematch

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

callum may have had an off night but he should have lost. groves was coming of an injury and was damaged goods. he could fight saunders, but both don't want to take a risk and are holding out for the canelo golden ticket. callum should give ryder a rematch
    To be fair most fighters are waiting for Canelo to give them a call. Hopefully it does not stagnate Smith career and he moves on if he is not chosen.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair most fighters are waiting for Canelo to give them a call. Hopefully it does not stagnate Smith career and he moves on if he is not chosen.
    yes most are waiting on canelo. do you consider callum a weight bully as you state he is huge for the weight?

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum Smith uses his weight and size as an advantage and is no different to Hurd in that regard. The difference is that Smith has boxing skills and does not rely on the weight as much.

Anyway, the fight with Ryder was not a robbery which would be a 10-2 rounds or 9-3 at most.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum Smith uses his weight and size as an advantage and is no different to Hurd in that regard. The difference is that Smith has boxing skills and does not rely on the weight as much.

Anyway, the fight with Ryder was not a robbery which would be a 10-2 rounds or 9-3 at most.
    fighters will always try to use every advantage available to them, if they make weight at the weigh in i have no issues with it

i saw ryder clearly win that fight and they stole it from him

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders blasts Canelo Alvarez over potential Ryota Murata fight before ‘talks end’

Billy Joe Saunders has hit out at Canelo Alvarez for attempting to arrange a fight with Ryota Murata in Japan next.

It was initially reported that the Brit was frontrunner to face boxing’s biggest star in May, then stories emerged suggesting Canelo was eyeing Murata instead.

The Japanese WBA ‘regular’ middleweight belt-holder does not have the most attractive record on paper at 16-2 (13 KOs), but it’s worth nothing that he avenged both defeats with stoppage victories.

Murata is also an Olympic gold medallist from the 2012 London games and a huge star in Japan as a result.

Saunders said: “Very poor fight for the fans. Two losses out of 18, he is a journeyman. DAZN needs to look at that and say, ‘F*** off ginger pubes.'”

Regarding the lesser WBA ‘regular’ belt – which many don’t consider a true world title – BJS added: “Put it in the bin.”

Now though, some positive news has emerged for Saunders as a report from ESPN claims talks for Canelo vs Murata have ended and the fight is off the table.

BJS and fellow Brit Callum Smith are understood to once again be the two frontrunners for Canelo.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...-ryota-murata/

Thread Information