Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Joshua Ruiz 2 Who Wins....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Ruiz 2 Predictions

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua Ruiz 2 Predictions

I'm going with Ruiz by KO. I think when he gets hit and buzzed again, its all going to come flooding back and panic is going to set in. Hes trimmed down and is doing more cardio. Whats he doing for his mind and spirit? His attitude towards change/ criticism could be more open even though I think he seems to be a decent guy.

I think this exchange is something he should be looking at and might come back to haunt him.. happened after the loss..

"In the aftermath of that fight, Lewis took to social media and was critical of Joshua's preparation for Ruiz, and he also felt the Olympic gold medal winner was better suited to part ways with longtime trainer, Rob McCracken.

During an on-demand special for Sky Sports, Joshua hit back.

"Lennox is a clown. I don't respect Lennox," Joshua said on AJ: The Untold Truth.

"Me and Lennox are not the same. My legacy is to sit back and enjoy the younger generation coming up, and not to be involved. Just to appreciate what it takes to get there. Lennox isn't like that. Me and Lennox are cut from a different cloth."

Joshua even shot back when it was discussed how Lewis left an impressive legacy - which prompted the once-beaten fighter to state: "So? So am I."

Lewis himself was shockingly upset twice in his career, with unexpected defeats at the hands of Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman. He avenged both of those losses."

https://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-...ct-him--141722
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve gone Joshua by KO, and I think it will be late, but I don’t say it with much confidence. I’ve gone for AJ merely because I think he’s capable of making the adjustments he needs to. There’s no guarantee of that though.
    And I don’t want to underestimate Ruiz , because with a proper camp behind him , he should be even better. I actually think Ruiz beats Wilder and probably beats Fury. He’s already beaten AJ......... So why the fuck have I gone with AJ??
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tougher back and forth in my head as it nears and both have big mental what-ifs to overcome. Does Ruiz come in with an overinflated ego and confidence thinking all he has to do is bounce a few hooks off the dome of AJ. And Joshua has the massive ghost in the room of every fighter before who has suffered a ko loss entering a rematch. Two outcomes I see are Ruiz getting the duplicate TKO win because he's a smarter fitter fighter given credit for and he's also learned he belongs. Now Joshua can also retool and utilize his natural gifts but I don't see it as simple as staying on the backfoot behind a long jab and trying to box all night. It's doable and he may very well boil down the pace and stink it out a bit but at some point he'll have to assert some hurt and come forward, on top of getting Andy high up rather than punching down on his crouch. I just thing again the hand speed and volume of Ruiz will be the difference. Joshua will have to be the thinker and I'm not close to being convinced of his footwork and defensive mobility over 12.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ring expert picks below. Don't think I've ever seen it so divisive

https://www.ringtv.com/585466-fight-...3IamS-2SOioFjA
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a very difficult result to predict. I think Anthony Joshua will win the knockout

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I’ve gone Joshua by KO, and I think it will be late, but I don’t say it with much confidence. I’ve gone for AJ merely because I think he’s capable of making the adjustments he needs to. There’s no guarantee of that though.
    And I don’t want to underestimate Ruiz , because with a proper camp behind him , he should be even better. I actually think Ruiz beats Wilder and probably beats Fury. He’s already beaten AJ......... So why the fuck have I gone with AJ??

Ha! you talked yourself out of your own argument mate
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ruiz by ko in ten
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua UD.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz by KO then. I think once he lands it will be in bunches and Joshua will panic. He also tends to fade mid fight and I cannot see him sticking and moving for 12. He will get tagged. Ironically by not using power and boxing he will negate his own strength and get stopped. Ruiz is too fast to be engaged with but it will happen. Ruiz by stoppage in the second half as Joshua fades.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joshua is too mechanical and muscle heavy for me. I think Ruiz has a bit of the Toney in him in that he is flabby, but hyper relaxed with very fast hands. He breaks fighters down. I rewatched the Parker fight the other week too and thought that was a dodgy decision. Ruiz doesn't really know defeat and the only time really hurt turned all Barrera on us like against Marquez that time. But sustained and messed up Joshua. That was no Lewis style flash stoppage but a round by round break down. That is surely hard for Joshua to swallow. No lucky punch but a beatdown.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the key for me is that Ruiz genuainly has a great chin, he got floored in the first fight and then took everything that Joshua hit him with .
    He may go for the early KO, he may end up getting outboxed for a few rounds, however when the chips are down he can march forward throwing bombs and in an exchange he will stop Joshua.

Ruiz by stoppage.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need to watch ruiz v Parker later. Well maybe the highlights.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never saw a round by round breakdown, Joshua even won a round after the 3rd, and he wasn't losing anything until he got caught with the same left hook on the inside he always get caught with.

Joshua is supposed to be just under 17 stone, 10-12 lb lighter than last time, believe it when I see it, however, that should at least benefit his iffy engine.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz is a decent fighter, well schooled, fast hands and good footwork ...... but is he of the same calibre as to be in the same bracket as the other undisputed or major belt holders?

I dont think so. He isn't a crushing puncher, he isn't a supreme boxer and there is no way I am going to believe he is well conditioned.

Thus far, he is a James J Braddock, an Ingemar Johansson, a Buster Douglas.

He did well against Joshua last time, but Joshua has just about every physical and contractual advantage here (again!).

Anything other than a crushing KO win for Joshua really tarnishes AJ. That way, he can claim it was an unlucky one-off, or that there were issues outside the ring .......

Either way, all future opponents that Joshua has will never be as intimidated or unsure as before. You never regain that cloak of invincibility once it has been reduced to rags (Joe Louis apart)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is looking at the first fight thinking I got caught coming in trying to finish him off after I knocked him down the first time. All I have to do in the rematch is keep it at range and jab his head off for twelve rounds. He looks like he's at least attempted to be more athletic and less muscular for the rematch so he doesn't run out of gas. I jusy hope the rematch isn't going to be like watching a Vladimir Klitschko fight. I really want to see Ruiz do it again but if I had to put money on it I'd pick a Joshua UD. I have the feeling I'm going to be yelling at the telly for twelve rounds watching Klitschko Mark II bore the tits off me. Come on Ruiz.

Thread Information