Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Austerity

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Notice how the two most vocal apologists for inhumane barbarity are two people who have not had to live under the regime they are defending for the last nine years. The arrogance and lack of humility or any kind of self awareness is not even shocking anymore, just routine getting on the soapbox and falling behind the broken American model they want to be forced onto everyone.

Its like a moral cesspit here, where ignorance and cruelty are celebrated.
    What is cruel about a FREE school meal? At least 1200 calories in what I would eat everyday and I would eat the same thing every day as I was quirky like that. Totally malnourished, but very full and no need for youth clubs as I had sports to burn the saturated fat off. When you have lived in a homeless shelter for 18 months you do actually have some idea of what a life of austerity is like. I know what poverty is Beanz and that is one reason I am so critical of parents who truly are feckless. There are many out there and we all know this and thus I think it is an act of CARING that we warn people about what it does.

If people thought about what they were doing and truly were altruistic they would not inflict barbarous cruelty upon the most vulnerable. I was homeless because my father drank his money away and then ran away from someone he was mad being involved with in the first place. That is cruelty. Typical loutish poor examples of parents. They inflicted their own austerity by choice.

I don't care too much for the adults, but for the children who have no choice and deserve far better than these people. Any child with loving parents who nurture and work and live within their means can do okay and avoid the pitfalls and I know many such people. I am reading a book now and it is extraordinary how child brains are warped by the environment they were raised in and it is almost always bad parents who either mistreat or runaway and then we wonder 'Why is there a mental health crisis?'. It is the Tories, they cry! No, it is usually closer to home.

The poor are more likely to make mistakes that the middle classes are more likely to avoid though it is not an absolute. And Master is right in that I do okay and that is because I have observed closely and reject that path. Self responsibility is the key to self improvement and in turn a life of reasonable quality.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes we get it Gandalf, you can't see past the end of your own nose. A homeless person dies every 19hrs in the UK, but that is OK because you are alright Jack.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck the nurses, doctors, paramedics, firefighters, police, cps, court staff, social workers, probation workers, etc. They must all be feckless wasters to be affected by austerity.Scrounging bastards.

Fuck the children whose parents have to resort to using food banks because the benefits they paid for, before losing their job, didn't come thru yet. They can eat at school what are they whinging about?

Talk about scraping the barrel in order to apologise for the nasty bastards who have wrecked the UK and turned on the 97% for the last 9yrs.

Gandalf you sound like a Tory Ghoul that even Scrooge would be ashamed to associate with.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Notice how the two most vocal apologists for inhumane barbarity are two people who have not had to live under the regime they are defending for the last nine years. The arrogance and lack of humility or any kind of self awareness is not even shocking anymore, just routine getting on the soapbox and falling behind the broken American model they want to be forced onto everyone.

Yes yes how cruel and inhumane it is to expect parents to be parents instead of having the government assume those roles.

I think it's madness that society has just given up on so many people. That's what it is, they've given up. Society has apparently decided "Oh you are an absolute fuck up and can't hold down regular work, you can't feed your kids, you can't put a roof over their heads....that's ok the government will just assume your parental responsibilities and everyone else will be forced to pay for your failings"

Give up your responsibilities as a parent to the government.....it's selling your soul. I would DIE before I lived off of the government or allowed my family to do so. It is MY personal responsibility to provide for my family. Now I also try to help others when I can, but it's not just assuming responsibility from someone, it's a helping hand not just doing all the work for them....no lessons are learned if you just take responsibility away....but I'm cruel for that view? I'm ignorant for that? I lack morals for that? Unbelievable.

I'm not against people in true dire need getting help from the social safety net, that's why it's there....but to live your entire life in that safety net, that's fucking worthless, that's like I said selling your soul.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Yes yes how cruel and inhumane it is to expect parents to be parents instead of having the government assume those roles.

I think it's madness that society has just given up on so many people. That's what it is, they've given up. Society has apparently decided "Oh you are an absolute fuck up and can't hold down regular work, you can't feed your kids, you can't put a roof over their heads....that's ok the government will just assume your parental responsibilities and everyone else will be forced to pay for your failings"

Give up your responsibilities as a parent to the government.....it's selling your soul. I would DIE before I lived off of the government or allowed my family to do so. It is MY personal responsibility to provide for my family. Now I also try to help others when I can, but it's not just assuming responsibility from someone, it's a helping hand not just doing all the work for them....no lessons are learned if you just take responsibility away....but I'm cruel for that view? I'm ignorant for that? I lack morals for that? Unbelievable.

I'm not against people in true dire need getting help from the social safety net, that's why it's there....but to live your entire life in that safety net, that's fucking worthless, that's like I said selling your soul.

Who the fuck asked you anything? This is a thread about a particularly cruel British Tory ideology carried out to attack the most vulnerable in the UK and spreading across Europe in which the very people who started the financial crises made sure that they passed on the blame and increased the wealth divide. It it has nothing to do with being irresponsible or feckless, when the working poor are demonised and nobody gives a flying fuck about your views on Government. Everything has to be about America for you. A broken model. On top of that you have only just started your life with a family and already you are giving it the big fucking , "seen it all, done it all, know it all" bullshit.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, why are you trying to shut down ELKabong's participation here? Why are you always trying to shut down people's freedom of speech? Does anybody need to ask him anything in order for him to comment in a thread? That is a shameful stance.

El Kabong Guest

Who the fuck asked you anything? This is a thread about a particularly cruel British Tory ideology carried out to attack the most vulnerable in the UK and spreading across Europe in which the very people who started the financial crises made sure that they passed on the blame and increased the wealth divide. It it has nothing to do with being irresponsible or feckless, when the working poor are demonised and nobody gives a flying fuck about your views on Government. Everything has to be about America for you. A broken model. On top of that you have only just started your life with a family and already you are giving it the big fucking , "seen it all, done it all, know it all" bullshit.

Who did you mean when you said and I quote "Notice how the two most vocal apologists for inhumane barbarity are two people who have not had to live under the regime they are defending for the last nine years." ? Were you talking to someone else? Or did you just want that whole "right of no response" thing you always accuse me of?

If "nobody gives a flying fuck" about my views on government, why the angry angry I'm not even mad though response to my post?

Who is demonizing the "working poor" ? I'm not demonizing anyone bar the people who A) Misuse the social safety net, which I'll ask you directly: Does that EVER happen Beanz? and B ) people who unload the responsibilities of having a family upon the government and that's a two-fer because it takes a government dumb enough to subsidize this bullshit AND people worthless enough to take advantage of it.....in no way am I demonizing the "working poor" I've got nothing but respect for people out there trying to make ends meet working hard and maybe who have fallen on hard times, that is specifically why we have a social safety net....but the safety net ain't for living full lives off of, just like minimum wage ain't for raising a family on.

You assume quite a bit and your attacking tone isn't fucking welcome so you had best dial that shit way back.

This is a discussion where NUANCE is key and it's unhelpful for you to klutz your way into an argument with me or anyone else on here. Do you see Master losing his shit on this?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Who did you mean when you said and I quote "Notice how the two most vocal apologists for inhumane barbarity are two people who have not had to live under the regime they are defending for the last nine years." ? Were you talking to someone else? Or did you just want that whole "right of no response" thing you always accuse me of?

If "nobody gives a flying fuck" about my views on government, why the angry angry I'm not even mad though response to my post?

Who is demonizing the "working poor" ? I'm not demonizing anyone bar the people who A) Misuse the social safety net, which I'll ask you directly: Does that EVER happen Beanz? and B ) people who unload the responsibilities of having a family upon the government and that's a two-fer because it takes a government dumb enough to subsidize this bullshit AND people worthless enough to take advantage of it.....in no way am I demonizing the "working poor" I've got nothing but respect for people out there trying to make ends meet working hard and maybe who have fallen on hard times, that is specifically why we have a social safety net....but the safety net ain't for living full lives off of, just like minimum wage ain't for raising a family on.

You assume quite a bit and your attacking tone isn't fucking welcome so you had best dial that shit way back.

This is a discussion where NUANCE is key and it's unhelpful for you to klutz your way into an argument with me or anyone else on here. Do you see Master losing his shit on this?
    This is a discussion of something of which you have no experience, exactly the same as the UK Election thread. We get it, you want to pretend that your opinion is as valid as everyone else's but it simply isn't. I would never chime in insisting that you adopt things in the US in the same way as you just wade in with your size 15 clown shoes and tell the UK and Europe what it should do in the World according to EL Kabong. You simply seem unable to understand that Austerity was a political choice that even those who imposed it are now admitting was morally and socially indefensible. Thousands of people died because of it, simply in order for a handful of power obsessed elite (who you and your Trump fan pals have a hard on about defending) wanted to make Great Britain in to 'Little Britain'.

Put simply, austerity was an effort to make Britain less like Europe, and to drag us back into some fantasy never world where we would be more like the USA. Fuck that . That is regression. You are a young often naive and backward nation, and you jut can't accept that, but it is the truth. You ape a lot of what others create and usually fuck it up by not really understanding it and you yourself are a classic example of that. Often clueless but blithely trudging on. Take a step back as a country and wind your necks in because you are leading us into disaster with you elite fucked up freak of a leader.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz cool it your blowing a gasket it's people's opinions.!
    Lyle we are heavily taxed mate that's why we expect our services mate.!
    The UK and USA are chalk and cheese in what we provide and do for or citizens and I know it's a hard to wrap your head around its the same for us with your systems.
    I don't mind your opinion your intitled to one this is debate mate no more Beanz stop going mad we all have our say on many different topics in many Countries do we not?.

El Kabong Guest

This is a discussion of something of which you have no experience, exactly the same as the UK Election thread. We get it, you want to pretend that your opinion is as valid as everyone else's but it simply isn't. I would never chime in insisting that you adopt things in the US in the same way as you just wade in with your size 15 clown shoes and tell the UK and Europe what it should do in the World according to EL Kabong. You simply seem unable to understand that Austerity was a political choice that even those who imposed it are now admitting was morally and socially indefensible. Thousands of people died because of it, simply in order for a handful of power obsessed elite (who you and your Trump fan pals have a hard on about defending) wanted to make Great Britain in to 'Little Britain'.

Put simply, austerity was an effort to make Britain less like Europe, and to drag us back into some fantasy never world where we would be more like the USA. Fuck that . That is regression. You are a young often naive and backward nation, and you jut can't accept that, but it is the truth. You ape a lot of what others create and usually fuck it up by not really understanding it and you yourself are a classic example of that. Often clueless but blithely trudging on. Take a step back as a country and wind your necks in because you are leading us into disaster with you elite fucked up freak of a leader.
    I see you've chosen to ignore the questions I asked....Such bravery, such stunning bravery, he fights them on the beaches

I'll comment on what I damn well please....if you don't like it, go on and attempt to stop me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, your points are bang on FFS but with your cursing/name-calling/personal character assassinats, is is detractioning from those point.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Beanz cool it your blowing a gasket it's people's opinions.!
    Lyle we are heavily taxed mate that's why we expect our services mate.!
    The UK and USA are chalk and cheese in what we provide and do for or citizens and I know it's a hard to wrap your head around its the same for us with your systems.
    I don't mind your opinion your intitled to one this is debate mate no more Beanz stop going mad we all have our say on many different topics in many Countries do we not?.
    Because El Kabong refuses to listen, he doesn't give a shit about the subject of a thread or anyone's personal experience, he thinks his 'feelings' and opinion trumps it all. Gandalf is the same, they want to censor and ban any kind of free expression in order to be the loudest voice ON ANY SUBJECT.

Austerity cost me my job, it then refused to acknowledge where it put me, and then when I retrained myself it then cost me the job I retrained in 3yrs later. It removed the opportunity for all those disabled students to be responsible and support themselves and it insisted that people with life long disabilities, like my Mrs, be humiliated by having to constantly be treated like a fraudster, despite the high court and the team of consultants and surgeons who saved her life already making it abundantly clear she isn't going to be cured by Jeebus.

So yeah, I don't have much time for lads who think they are a bit special because they haven't had to live under the tory bastards that sold this countries assets off, and stripped it bare, in order to make themselves rich at our expense.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck the nurses, doctors, paramedics, firefighters, police, cps, court staff, social workers, probation workers, etc. They must all be feckless wasters to be affected by austerity.Scrounging bastards.

Fuck the children whose parents have to resort to using food banks because the benefits they paid for, before losing their job, didn't come thru yet. They can eat at school what are they whinging about?

Talk about scraping the barrel in order to apologise for the nasty bastards who have wrecked the UK and turned on the 97% for the last 9yrs.

Gandalf you sound like a Tory Ghoul that even Scrooge would be ashamed to associate with.
    Many of us earn less than a decade ago, Beanz. It is the same for me as anyone in an economic sense. No different to police, nurses, teachers etc. I am about 10% down compared to 8 years ago. It is the way it goes, but I am happy with my choices. I buy what I need guzzling shale at 80 bucks a month and what have you.

Those same nasty bastards gave me that meal and made sure I did not die in the streets despite irresponsible parents. Thank you Tories. One can be poor but okay and as soon as I could I worked secretly for 2.50 an hour before school in the grocery shop meaning there was always something. I would have gone up a chimney if it paid. Must have been 14 or 15 then. Then it was washing dishes in a restaurant. There has always been work if you want it. Children have agency even if the parents do not.

Even back home last year I asked about a supermarket job just to see if basic work was there. It seems it was and that would be 7.80 an hour now. You cannot complain really for easy work like that. There are many who won't even make that step as the Tories continue to give out freebies to disincentive.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your job was a government job then shit happens, Beanz. My wife lost a job because the company was sold off overseas. It just means you look for another one. You now have and by the sounds of it it seems you are more personally fulfilled. Well, it sounds that way.

My point about things like that is that no job is forever and thus my experiences as a kid mean I make sure that I am not going to be held hostage by the fovernment or scrounger parents again. In a perverse way, and though I went mad at times, I am glad I went through it. It gives me a sense of personal responsibility and in that sense I completely agree with Lyle. I have seen what welfare does to the soul and it isn't healthy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That almost sounded like foreverment, which government is, but was meant to be government. My morning phone typo, I am afraid, and no cunning attempt at linguistic innovation.

Thread Information