Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Notice how the two most vocal apologists for inhumane barbarity are two people who have not had to live under the regime they are defending for the last nine years. The arrogance and lack of humility or any kind of self awareness is not even shocking anymore, just routine getting on the soapbox and falling behind the broken American model they want to be forced onto everyone.

Its like a moral cesspit here, where ignorance and cruelty are celebrated.
What is cruel about a FREE school meal? At least 1200 calories in what I would eat everyday and I would eat the same thing every day as I was quirky like that. Totally malnourished, but very full and no need for youth clubs as I had sports to burn the saturated fat off. When you have lived in a homeless shelter for 18 months you do actually have some idea of what a life of austerity is like. I know what poverty is Beanz and that is one reason I am so critical of parents who truly are feckless. There are many out there and we all know this and thus I think it is an act of CARING that we warn people about what it does.

If people thought about what they were doing and truly were altruistic they would not inflict barbarous cruelty upon the most vulnerable. I was homeless because my father drank his money away and then ran away from someone he was mad being involved with in the first place. That is cruelty. Typical loutish poor examples of parents. They inflicted their own austerity by choice.

I don't care too much for the adults, but for the children who have no choice and deserve far better than these people. Any child with loving parents who nurture and work and live within their means can do okay and avoid the pitfalls and I know many such people. I am reading a book now and it is extraordinary how child brains are warped by the environment they were raised in and it is almost always bad parents who either mistreat or runaway and then we wonder 'Why is there a mental health crisis?'. It is the Tories, they cry! No, it is usually closer to home.

The poor are more likely to make mistakes that the middle classes are more likely to avoid though it is not an absolute. And Master is right in that I do okay and that is because I have observed closely and reject that path. Self responsibility is the key to self improvement and in turn a life of reasonable quality.