Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wasted Talent..

Crawford is wasting away his prime years.

With no news on IBF/WBC champ Spence you would think Crawford would be cleaning out the 147 division.

He chose to play it safe and sign with Top tank and avoid the main guys over on PBC..

Terrance Crawford is wasting his prime years and belongs nowhere near the P4P top x3.

I put Canelo, GGG, Loma and Spence above him now..there is no excuse for his weak path.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wasted Talent..

Crawford has certainly taken the money and easier route but he still has time in his career to make an impact.

If there is enough demand Crawford v Spence could happen if promoters and TV companies can get together.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with the first part. Truth be told 'old man' Manny has done more in his last 3 fights than Crawford has done his time at 147. And Crawfords biggest wins are beginning to be lapped by others, Postol v Taylor, Indongo v Prograis, Khan v Irrelevancy, Gamboa v Castellanos etc etc. I seriously like Crawford. He's a tremendous talent and a sensational finisher. But right now he's a special kind of fighter doing pretty ordinary things. And his next opponent deserved to lose to Ray Robinson. We'll no doubt watch but there is little suspense.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do agree that he needs to get something done. There was a thing that came out a couple weeks ago that showed that Danny Garcia turned down 2.5 million to fight Crawford. Pacquiao can get Crawford if he wants. He isn’t PBC. Crawford has been calling out Pacquiao for years. Pacquiao has never wanted that fight. I think that a Porter fight could be made honestly. It’s probably the fight he should shoot sure. And Thurman has claimed injury to avoid Spence so no way he is fighting Crawford.

You can claim it’s a promotional issue, but in reality the other side have to accept the challenge. Crawford cleaned out a whole division and ducked no one. I have said before that I won’t give him anymore leeway after this fight. He definitely needs to make a fuss to get a fight with a top guy. Porter is really the only available guy now though.

Although Arum just came out and said that Prograis, Taylor, and Ramirez are all potential opponents for him which are all very legit fighters.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indeed, him, Tank Davis, and nobody will want to hear this but Loma didn’t fight a champ at 126, refused to fight Berchelt at 130 and refused to fight Garcia at 135(Bob Arum said it straight out of his mouth, the quotes can all be found so please don’t waste time with debating these facts, they are facts and facts are not debated. If you want to excuse the facts of course interpretations can be debated but it doesn’t change the facts). So while Loma unifies remember, Crawford did that too. And when Loma has unified and is a 3 division champ Crawford already did that too.

Nobody cares about a Pedraza, nobody cares about Linares(as proven by what they did before and after Loma), nobody cares about Corolla, nobody cares about Campbell.

It’s time for Crawford, Loma, Tank, Canelo to fight the best guys in their division. Talented mandatories, other champions. At least Loma is collecting belts and not weight hopping. But all of them need to fight the best guys. While we’re at it I’ve never said a bad word about Usyk but a Chisora fight sucks too. Chisora is 8 years past his best which was never particularly special. Don’t do it Usyk

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But sticking to Bud. Shawn Porters team has agreed to fight him. So don’t let the PBC bashing propaganda folks confuse you. PBC is willing to deal with anyone. This is the perfect fight for Bud to say “look what I did, I did it better than you”, if he can do it better. I expect Arum to not even entertain the idea and in the end a fighter is responsible for who they fight. It’s their career. Bud needs to make Arum make it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea I heard Kenny Porter saying that Crawford is a fight they are interested in if they get the call. Any reason team Porter can't also make a call?

As for Usyk, he may be waiting to see what happens in Ruiz/ Joshua. If the belt becomes vacant we may see him against Parker.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum called out Porter on Crawford's behalf then Ken Porter said he'll wait for Bob to call. The interviewer asked - "why can't you call Bob?" Ken said - "he got my number, if he's serious he'll call."

Even the dopey pro-PBC interviewer was like "dayum, why don't you just call Bob, he even good with texting, Ken, how we ever get these fights made?"

It takes two to tango.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Agree with the first part. Truth be told 'old man' Manny has done more in his last 3 fights than Crawford has done his time at 147. And Crawfords biggest wins are beginning to be lapped by others, Postol v Taylor, Indongo v Prograis, Khan v Irrelevancy, Gamboa v Castellanos etc etc. I seriously like Crawford. He's a tremendous talent and a sensational finisher. But right now he's a special kind of fighter doing pretty ordinary things. And his next opponent deserved to lose to Ray Robinson. We'll no doubt watch but there is little suspense.
    Old, past it, out of prime Manny is doing much better than Crawford in his prime with his past 5 opponents.

Crawford needs to start making a lot of noise in 2020.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information