Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jermall Charlo v Dennis Hogan Chris Eubank Jr v Mat Korobov

Chris Eubank Jr is set to make his US debut against Matt Korobov on Saturday night in New York.

The 30-year-old’s middleweight clash has been significantly overshadowed this week due to the Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua rematch, but the fight now at least has a UK TV broadcaster.

Subscription channel Premier Sports 1 have picked up the event, which also includes Jermall Charlo defending his WBC middleweight world title against Dennis Hogan.

They will go on air in the early hours of Sunday morning at 2am UK time and round off at 5:30am.

Eubank Jr’s bout is expected at around 3am with Charlo likely to ring walk closer to 4am.

Premier Sports itself is a paid channel which costs £11.99 per month or £99 per year for Sky customers. Virgin Media customers have it cheaper at £9.99 per month.

They broadcast on Sky channel 412 and Virgin channel 551.

https://talksport.com/uncategorized/...remier-sports/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Dennis Hogan Chris Eubank Jr v Mat Korobov

upsets please
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This airs on Showtime in the States.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would Korobov beating Eubank be an upset? I see that one as pretty even, although I didn't see Korobovs last fight(a draw), and he may be on the slide.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it's funny how everyone seems to be picking Korobov (pundits as well as fans) yet he's the betting underdog. It almost feels like Eubank is being underrated because he's not liked, and especially being a Brit in America.

Listening to some so-called "experts" you'd think Jr is the biggest manufactured hype job to ever set foot in the States.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Yeah it's funny how everyone seems to be picking Korobov (pundits as well as fans) yet he's the betting underdog. It almost feels like Eubank is being underrated because he's not liked, and especially being a Brit in America.

Listening to some so-called "experts" you'd think Jr is the biggest manufactured hype job to ever set foot in the States.
    Eubank is decent but he is one of those guys that looks great against inferior competition because of his style. He has proven to have trouble when he really steps up. Korobov is a pretty good boxer that could definitely outbox him. I’ll be in no way surprised if Eubank wins, but if I had to put my money on someone, it would be Korobov.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo aiming for short night in title defense vs Hogan

Jermall Charlo has a perfect record and eye-popping power, though those aren't the only reasons he's a star in his sport.

For Stephen Espinoza, Showtime's sports president, there's another way to judge a boxer's status.

''You never hear, or almost rarely do you hear another middleweight call out Jermall Charlo,'' said Espinoza, whose network will televise the card. ''When it's time to set up fights all of the sudden there's a lot of amnesia going around. And the name Jermall Charlo doesn't get mentioned and for good reason.''

The line to fight him doesn't figure to get any longer if Charlo delivers the performance he promises Saturday.

Charlo (29-0, 21 KOs) defends his version of the 160-pound title against Dennis Hogan at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where he stopped opponents in consecutive bouts in 2017-18.

But Charlo's last two fights have gone the distance and he wants to end that streak.

''I'm going to come with a vicious attack,'' Charlo said. ''If he can hold it, then I'm going to try again later in the night. However the game plan plays out, I'm going to stop him.''

Charlo spent most of his career at 154 pounds, where twin brother Jermell still fights, before moving up to middleweight. He was eventually made the WBC's middleweight champion when the organization promoted Canelo Alvarez to its ''franchise'' champion.

Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin are the stars of the division, though both along with fellow middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade are aligned with DAZN. That makes it complicated for Charlo to get a fight with any of them, but he plans to keep on searching.

''In due time, you will see me get all of the biggest fights,'' he said.

This is his second defense of that title and Charlo doesn't want it to take too long, after he had to settle for a unanimous decision when the Houston product defended the belt against Brandon Adams in his hometown in June.

''I'm going on two consecutive 12-rounders, and I don't feel good about that,'' Charlo said. ''I'm ready to get back to my thing, which is knocking them out and getting them out of there.''

Hogan (28-2-1, 7 KOs) lacks the champion's power, but thinks he will have more pop now as, like Charlo previously, he moves up from 154 to 160 pounds.

''It's not about how hard you throw a punch, it's about how hard can you land a punch and that's the difficulty people have with me,'' Hogan said. ''That's one of my best attributes. When I land clean, they tend to realize I mean business and don't want to come forward. I feel 20% more powerful and he's going to feel my punches.''

Hogan, a native of Ireland now living in Australia, fell just short in a title bid in in his last outing, losing to junior middleweight champion Jaime Munguia in April. Hogan was boosted by solid fan support in the Mexican's home country and expects that to be the case again Saturday at Barclays Center, even though Charlo considers the arena a second home in what will be his fourth appearance in his last five fights.

''I'm going to feel like I'm fighting in front of my home crowd Saturday night,'' Hogan said.

Charlo plans to send those fans home unhappy. He recently became a father again, another reason he says his focus is heightened as he looks ahead.

''My daughter's birth has given me even more motivation to knock this guy out and when you come to Brooklyn, you're coming to my house,'' Charlo said. ''There's nothing he can do and nothing he can say. They all say the same thing until they have to get in there with me.''

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/charlo-a...8966--box.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hogan is worth a flutter at that price. Korobov deserves another shot at Charlo, unfortunately I think Eubank Jr is too fresh for him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Familiarity may still play a part when fighters travel for the first time. Even though we have tons more access now. Korobov went at the worst even up with headliner top talent Charlo in the same venue and had another iffy call against him next out. It's Eubanks chance to silence some doubters and make himself the talk by one upping Charlo. I think he and Korobov will come down to a contest of better engines with Eubanks coming on better late but he'll have to force the issue throughout and not coast.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those of you U.K. folks that have not been to the US. Don’t believe the propagandist, nobody in the US has any problems with the UK. That’s nonsense, no basis in truth whatsoever

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This card is very competitive. In particular, I expect the match between Tapales and Iwasa

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ellis just beat Aleem (the guy who was gifted a draw with Korobov last fight). I had it 96-94 Ellis.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tapales 1-0.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2-0 Tapales. Both rounds were very close.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believed Iwasa won the second round

Thread Information