Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermall Charlo v Dennis Hogan Chris Eubank Jr v Mat Korobov

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Charlo v Eubank isn’t what we want but we know GGG and Canelo pick and choose. Eubank is at least an opponent that will answer some questions that a Dennis Hogan cannot.
    Derevyanchenko is available.
    Fine by me, would look good since most everyone had him beating GGG. Just string together opponents that get robbed against names.
    Agreed 100% with the first part, not sure what you mean but the 2nd half. I wouldn't be surprised if Eubank and GGG try to target Murata.
    Hogan was robbed against Munguia, Derevyanchenko beat GGG(by most accounts) neither got the decision. That’s what I meant. Just joking for those that will support GGGs continued refusal to fight Charlo. I wonder how many times Murata will be propped up, probably just as many as Lemieux.
    Oh ok thanks, understand now. I don't even understand how Hogan was rated at 160. Murata is decent and he is big money in Japan, he also holds a belt, so I can understand the incentive in fighting him.

Did you watch Lemieux's fight yesterday? A full on brawl. He hit the canvas twice against Bursak, a guy that I feel has been shot for well over 5 years. It was nothing but fun to watch, I would definitely watch a rematch or 2.
    Murata no, unless GGG dumps his belt. There are real champions that deserve a shot.

Do you realize at Charlo’s post fight press conference the press would ask “you know Canelo and GGG won’t fight you, would you be willing to fight Jacobs?” That’s so broken and everyone needs to realize it and stop bending over for that.

Lemieux can be an entertaining guy as long as people don’t pretend he’s world level I’m fine with him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo v Eubank isn’t what we want but we know GGG and Canelo pick and choose. Eubank is at least an opponent that will answer some questions that a Dennis Hogan cannot.
    Fine by me, would look good since most everyone had him beating GGG. Just string together opponents that get robbed against names.
    Agreed 100% with the first part, not sure what you mean but the 2nd half. I wouldn't be surprised if Eubank and GGG try to target Murata.
    Hogan was robbed against Munguia, Derevyanchenko beat GGG(by most accounts) neither got the decision. That’s what I meant. Just joking for those that will support GGGs continued refusal to fight Charlo. I wonder how many times Murata will be propped up, probably just as many as Lemieux.
    Oh ok thanks, understand now. I don't even understand how Hogan was rated at 160. Murata is decent and he is big money in Japan, he also holds a belt, so I can understand the incentive in fighting him.

Did you watch Lemieux's fight yesterday? A full on brawl. He hit the canvas twice against Bursak, a guy that I feel has been shot for well over 5 years. It was nothing but fun to watch, I would definitely watch a rematch or 2.
    Murata no, unless GGG dumps his belt. There are real champions that deserve a shot.

Do you realize at Charlo’s post fight press conference the press would ask “you know Canelo and GGG won’t fight you, would you be willing to fight Jacobs?” That’s so broken and everyone needs to realize it and stop bending over for that.

Lemieux can be an entertaining guy as long as people don’t pretend he’s world level I’m fine with him.
    Sorry again, would you be able to expand on that? Murata no, meaning he's not decent in your opinion, or he's not big money in Japan, or that he doesn't hold a belt? Because those were the incentives I was expressing.

I can only speak for myself, if Canelo and GGG don't wannt to fight Charlo that's on them, I can't force a man to do something against his will. I would like to see them fight him. I would also like to see Charlo fight Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Saunders and Andrade. Throw Eubank Jr and I feel Korobov in the mix and there are good fights to be made any way you mix and match them.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with a Murata fight is it gets propped up on a fake belt while guys with real belts are avoided. It’s a lie. If GG wants to dump his belt, fine, fight Murata, chase money, leave the belts for the fighters.

Again, they literally ask “you know Canelo and GGG won’t fight you.....?” This is not a thing that should be glossed over. It should not be asked so casually as if it’s nothing. People are accepting something totally wrong and acting like it’s no big deal.

True, there are lots of good fights to be made. And it’s on those fighters to make them. But the cherry pickers need to be called what they are.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with a Murata fight is it gets propped up on a fake belt while guys with real belts are avoided. It’s a lie. If GG wants to dump his belt, fine, fight Murata, chase money, leave the belts for the fighters.

Again, they literally ask “you know Canelo and GGG won’t fight you.....?” This is not a thing that should be glossed over. It should not be asked so casually as if it’s nothing. People are accepting something totally wrong and acting like it’s no big deal.

True, there are lots of good fights to be made. And it’s on those fighters to make them. But the cherry pickers need to be called what they are.
    Thanks, I think Murata is a decent fighter, I don't care about the belts but some fighters/ fans do. I would rate Murata ahead of Hogan at 160. So if GGG chose to fight him in Japan for big money I can understand the incentive. DLH/ team Canelo told GGG to win a belt if he wanted another shot, he did that (although I didn't agree with the decision), he may feel that winning another belt might strengthen his chances at another lottery against Alvarez. At this stage I think GGG is thinking more about his life after boxing and setting up his family as best as possible for that time. I can't blame a man for that. In saying that he has fought Jacobs, Canelo x2 and Derevyanchenko. 3 guys Charlo has yet to face for whatever reasons.

Again I can only speak for myself, I never asked that question, so I'm not accepting anything. We can't force someone to do something against their will. We might not agree with it and we can voice our displeasure but at the end of the day it's their choice. What we can do is appreciate and support the fighters that do take tough opponents, in all weights of the sport.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks, I think Murata is a decent fighter, I don't care about the belts but some fighters/ fans do. I would rate Murata ahead of Hogan at 160. So if GGG chose to fight him in Japan for big money I can understand the incentive. DLH/ team Canelo told GGG to win a belt if he wanted another shot, he did that (although I didn't agree with the decision), he may feel that winning another belt might strengthen his chances at another lottery against Alvarez. At this stage I think GGG is thinking more about his life after boxing and setting up his family as best as possible for that time. I can't blame a man for that. In saying that he has fought Jacobs, Canelo x2 and Derevyanchenko. 3 guys Charlo has yet to face for whatever reasons.

Again I can only speak for myself, I never asked that question, so I'm not accepting anything. We can't force someone to do something against their will. We might not agree with it and we can voice our displeasure but at the end of the day it's their choice. What we can do is appreciate and support the fighters that do take tough opponents, in all weights of the sport.
    And there’s the rub “In saying that he has fought Jacobs, Canelo x2 and Derevyanchenko. 3 guys Charlo has yet to face for whatever reasons” the reasons are simple, they won’t fight him. Canelo has refused him at 2 divisions, Jacobs was just his mandatory and chose to leave the weight instead of fight him. You might not be doing this but it sounds like you are crediting a guy that refuses to fight Charlo while big upping him that guy for fighting guys that refuse to fight Charlo. That’s warped

To be clear, I don’t even like Charlo. To this day I have never watched a complete fight of his. He bores me actually. But he deserves fair treatment

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And there’s the rub “In saying that he has fought Jacobs, Canelo x2 and Derevyanchenko. 3 guys Charlo has yet to face for whatever reasons” the reasons are simple, they won’t fight him. Canelo has refused him at 2 divisions, Jacobs was just his mandatory and chose to leave the weight instead of fight him. You might not be doing this but it sounds like you are crediting a guy that refuses to fight Charlo while big upping him that guy for fighting guys that refuse to fight Charlo. That’s warped

To be clear, I don’t even like Charlo. To this day I have never watched a complete fight of his. He bores me actually. But he deserves fair treatment
    I only deal in facts. You say the reason Charlo hasn't fought these guys is that they won't fight him. Fine. What do you want me to do? I can't force another man to do something against his will. The fact is GGG has fought those 3 guys, and I have to credit him for that. I have not credited GGG at all for refusing to fight Charlo, I am simply giving him credit for facing those fighters I mentioned. If Charlo had of faced those 3 guys I would be giving him credit as well. I can't give him credit for something he hasn't done. It may be, as you say, through no fault of his own, but can only give credit based on what he does in the ring and who he fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only deal in facts. You say the reason Charlo hasn't fought these guys is that they won't fight him. Fine. What do you want me to do? I can't force another man to do something against his will. The fact is GGG has fought those 3 guys, and I have to credit him for that. I have not credited GGG at all for refusing to fight Charlo, I am simply giving him credit for facing those fighters I mentioned. If Charlo had of faced those 3 guys I would be giving him credit as well. I can't give him credit for something he hasn't done. It may be, as you say, through no fault of his own, but can only give credit based on what he does in the ring and who he fights.
    Well since you asked, I appreciate you crediting him for what he’s done. But on top of that I think you should detract what he refused to do. Not projecting, just the things you know and you know his team “we will never fight Charlo” so yes, in such a situation he deserves to be knocked. Not just not credited, knocked

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well since you asked, I appreciate you crediting him for what he’s done. But on top of that I think you should detract what he refused to do. Not projecting, just the things you know and you know his team “we will never fight Charlo” so yes, in such a situation he deserves to be knocked. Not just not credited, knocked
    I'm always disappointed when fights that I'd like to see don't come together. As I'm sure you are. Again, I can only give credit to fighters for the guys they fought. Like the saying goes "That's why they fight the fights". I fighter can claim this or that, but until they prove it in the ring, it's only words.

Personally I feel the business side gets in the way too much, and probably always has. I can only speak from my own experience but I feel no fighter fears another man. He may have doubts that he can beat him, but there is no fear there. If in a perfect situation, where both guys and their teams got everything they wanted, I have no doubt that they would fight each other.

I'm only interested in what boxers do in the ring. If you are interested in the outside stuff, that's cool. Sure I'll be disappointed if GGG doesn't fight the likes of Charlo before he hangs them up, but it's no different from countless other fights that I never got to see made.

I think Charlo vs Derevyanchenko is a good fight to be made. I wouldn't even mind Charlo vs Murata. I feel GGG owes Derevyanchenko a rematch. I just want to see these guys fight each other. I can only rank fighters on what they have done in the ring.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hogan has skill and heart
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it was a good showing for Charlo, Hogan is decent.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is Lemieux's fight with Bursak:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7p77px
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this makes the forum look dead
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.