Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 10 Biggest Polluters on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    No doubt coal burning is an issue. I would rather they used nuclear. Not so much because of global warming, but the cleanliness of the air. China for the same reason. Nuclear is the most effective way of producing energy.
    You were right about the air pollution here. It seems to be drifting over from China
    Why don't you both meet up? In the same country and you have so much in common.
    The great climate change activist has to fly sailing crews all over the world so she can stunt using a sailing yacht for international travel. She could have flown coach and saved a lot of carbon and time.

Brock answer the question. Why don't you and Gandalf meet up? You are both in South Korea and you both have the same 19th Century vomit inducing lame views. So why not make the most of the opportunity?
    Yes, nuclear energy and women with responsibility is so 19th century. Vomit inducing views? Meaning points of view that you cannot handle? And do you really think Fats is a baker in Miguk Bleunge? My goodness.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fats was in Korea, then he would be a very unusual tourist because I have been up since 5am and he has been posting all the while. Fats is a liar, liar, pants on fire. Telling the truth would probably break him in two.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fats was in Korea, then he would be a very unusual tourist because I have been up since 5am and he has been posting all the while. Fats is a liar, liar, pants on fire. Telling the truth would probably break him in two.

Maybe he really is related to that cunt Johnson then
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

19th century views like??

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like a facation. I’m at the pyramids, really enjoying the sites. I miss my cats and wish you all were here.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Sounds like a facation. I’m at the pyramids, really enjoying the sites. I miss my cats and wish you all were here.
    Plenty of cats inside the pyramids.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Plenty of cats inside the pyramids.
    Pussymids?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listening to radio today and they said that whilst countries like USA, China, Brazil etc. are the biggest manufacturers and producers of pollution the biggest consumers are Europe.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Listening to radio today and they said that whilst countries like USA, China, Brazil etc. are the biggest manufacturers and producers of pollution the biggest consumers are Europe.

Consumers of pollution?

J/K

I'm assuming they meant the biggest consumers of goods and products manufactured by these countries that produce the largest amounts of pollution, then.

Still.... thanks for getting the thread back on point.

Pollution, unlike climate change, is an unarguable fact. It needs to be addressed like yesterday.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Consumers of pollution?

J/K

I'm assuming they meant the biggest consumers of goods and products manufactured by these countries that produce the largest amounts of pollution, then.

Pollution, unlike climate change, is an unarguable fact. It needs to be addressed like yesterday.
    Yes that was what I meant. Europe may have fresher air but their carbon footprint is very high.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Consumers of pollution?

J/K

Rapid Global Climate change is an unarguable fact. There such an overwhelming consensus of scientific opinion that countries around the world are toppling like dominoes in declaring a climate emergency. The denial lobby is characterized by it's denial of science and logic, and it's unabashed funding by the people most responsible for creating the pollutants that are causing it. You can extract pollution from Climate change anymore than you can pretend that the massive global extinction of species that rises everyday (not saying that you do) has nothing to do with the same problem.

The raised voices of ignorance are not to be treated equally as though there 'beliefs' and 'feelings' are equivalent to evidence.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Rapid Global Climate change is an unarguable fact. There such an overwhelming consensus of scientific opinion that countries around the world are toppling like dominoes in declaring a climate emergency. The denial lobby is characterized by it's denial of science and logic, and it's unabashed funding by the people most responsible for creating the pollutants that are causing it. You can extract pollution from Climate change anymore than you can pretend that the massive global extinction of species that rises everyday (not saying that you do) has nothing to do with the same problem.

The raised voices of ignorance are not to be treated equally as though there 'beliefs' and 'feelings' are equivalent to evidence.
    It's plenty arguable. Science doesn't run on consensus. Countries are subsidized to make such declarations. Oh if you deny you're part of a "lobby" eh? America has done a great job in limiting their output of CO2, China not so much, and yet China is never asked to do ANYTHING, gee I wonder why? CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL.

OK then sport, solve the crisis. State what is needed to solve the crisis. The Green New Deal? Something similar? Provide an explanation of how this "climate crisis" is remedied....I'm quite interested in this and how it won't involve totalitarian control of every single aspect of our lives and these solutions are going to involve the deaths of millions of people.....do please explain

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To separate the climate change scientists from the Fake News scourge that is all the rage nowadays, it's probably worthwhile to put together/fortify a multi-national group of scientists that respond to no one and no special interests. Easier said than done, right? But it must be done, because nowadays if someone doesn't like a particular set of news, they can always claim "Fake News" and everything is thrown into a boiling cauldron of smelly shit. It's an important enough issue/non-issue that we humans deserve all the facts. Clean, verifiable, scientific-based, unadulterated, un-slanted.... FACTS. As I've said countless times... I'm neither an alarmist nor a blind denier. I'm an interested human being is having everyone do what is best for the planet. I separate climate change from pollution because.... although there may yet be a link to be found.... pollution is right there in front of our faces, killing off sea life, choking rivers and oceans. Alas..... this is yet another in a long line of issues that just gets torn to shreds by bickering and people with agendas on both sides.

Maybe if we made the FOCUS on pollution rather than climate change.... we'd force the deniers to at least give the other side the time of day. After all..... what is supposedly causing climate change? Pollution....... RIGHT? So let's focus on the undeniable factor that allegedly is causing climate change..... instead of going for the result, which gives the deniers a target to shoot at.

My two cents.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 12-12-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

It's plenty arguable. Science doesn't run on consensus. Countries are subsidized to make such declarations. Oh if you deny you're part of a "lobby" eh? America has done a great job in limiting their output of CO2, China not so much, and yet China is never asked to do ANYTHING, gee I wonder why? CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL.

OK then sport, solve the crisis. State what is needed to solve the crisis. The Green New Deal? Something similar? Provide an explanation of how this "climate crisis" is remedied....I'm quite interested in this and how it won't involve totalitarian control of every single aspect of our lives and these solutions are going to involve the deaths of millions of people.....do please explain

Stop telling lies. It is a nasty habit of yours.

Science does absolutely run on consensus.

To suggest otherwise just betrays your ignorance and puts you in exactly the same boat as Alpha (Gandalf will have to budge over a bit). Scientific papers are pored over by experts in the field, everyone of which is far more qualified to judge the content than you, or the idiots who feed you Kool aid, and then the entire subject becomes smarter by experts again working on the questions raised by those papers, and trying to capture even more evidence to build a more complete consensual picture of the subject in hand.

Consensus makes the world go around. I know you are terrified of progress and even words like 'Union' and 'Solidarity', but people like yourself and Trump actually hold the entire species back from concentrating on what is important. You mistake not liking the implications of scientific fact, with having some kind of expertise that allows you to disagree with over 90% of the thousands studying it for the last few decades.

Supreme arrogance and supreme ignorance are often the same thing.

https://futurism.com/what-is-scientific-consensus
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Stop telling lies. It is a nasty habit of yours.

Science does absolutely run on consensus.

To suggest otherwise just betrays your ignorance and puts you in exactly the same boat as Alpha (Gandalf will have to budge over a bit). Scientific papers are pored over by experts in the field, everyone of which is far more qualified to judge the content than you, or the idiots who feed you Kool aid, and then the entire subject becomes smarter by experts again working on the questions raised by those papers, and trying to capture even more evidence to build a more complete consensual picture of the subject in hand.

Consensus makes the world go around. I know you are terrified of progress and even words like 'Union' and 'Solidarity', but people like yourself and Trump actually hold the entire species back from concentrating on what is important. You mistake not liking the implications of scientific fact, with having some kind of expertise that allows you to disagree with over 90% of the thousands studying it for the last few decades.

Supreme arrogance and supreme ignorance are often the same thing.

https://futurism.com/what-is-scientific-consensus
    Beanz, you're one of the problems that human beings are experiencing right now, because you're going to go with concensus, regardless whether its right or wrong, and you think that's sane. That's insanity, what you are stating.

You have faulty reasoning, appeals to consensus (argumentum ad populum) is not science. What you're saying is you don't have the responsibility and the inclination to understand your reality. That's fine, if you want to live in ignorance that's up to you.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information