Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Biggest Polluters on Earth

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: 10 Biggest Polluters on Earth

Insane? Maybe...it is groupthink though, blind unquestioning adherence. Best of luck with THAT

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Rapid Global Climate change is an unarguable fact. There such an overwhelming consensus of scientific opinion that countries around the world are toppling like dominoes in declaring a climate emergency. The denial lobby is characterized by it's denial of science and logic, and it's unabashed funding by the people most responsible for creating the pollutants that are causing it. You can extract pollution from Climate change anymore than you can pretend that the massive global extinction of species that rises everyday (not saying that you do) has nothing to do with the same problem.

The raised voices of ignorance are not to be treated equally as though there 'beliefs' and 'feelings' are equivalent to evidence.
    It's plenty arguable. Science doesn't run on consensus. Countries are subsidized to make such declarations. Oh if you deny you're part of a "lobby" eh? America has done a great job in limiting their output of CO2, China not so much, and yet China is never asked to do ANYTHING, gee I wonder why? CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL.

OK then sport, solve the crisis. State what is needed to solve the crisis. The Green New Deal? Something similar? Provide an explanation of how this "climate crisis" is remedied....I'm quite interested in this and how it won't involve totalitarian control of every single aspect of our lives and these solutions are going to involve the deaths of millions of people.....do please explain

Stop telling lies. It is a nasty habit of yours.

Science does absolutely run on consensus.

To suggest otherwise just betrays your ignorance and puts you in exactly the same boat as Alpha (Gandalf will have to budge over a bit). Scientific papers are pored over by experts in the field, everyone of which is far more qualified to judge the content than you, or the idiots who feed you Kool aid, and then the entire subject becomes smarter by experts again working on the questions raised by those papers, and trying to capture even more evidence to build a more complete consensual picture of the subject in hand.

Consensus makes the world go around. I know you are terrified of progress and even words like 'Union' and 'Solidarity', but people like yourself and Trump actually hold the entire species back from concentrating on what is important. You mistake not liking the implications of scientific fact, with having some kind of expertise that allows you to disagree with over 90% of the thousands studying it for the last few decades.

Supreme arrogance and supreme ignorance are often the same thing.

https://futurism.com/what-is-scientific-consensus
    Beanz, you're one of the problems that human beings are experiencing right now, because you're going to go with concensus, regardless whether its right or wrong, and you think that's sane. That's insanity, what you are stating.

You have faulty reasoning, appeals to consensus (argumentum ad populum) is not science. What you're saying is you don't have the responsibility and the inclination to understand your reality. That's fine, if you want to live in ignorance that's up to you.
    Bollocks. Complete and utter twaddle mate. Anyone, even with a modicum of intelligence can use rationality and logic to asses the work of others and to see why the scientific community have come to a unified conclusion. You are advocating dismissing entirely the idea of expertise , scientific rigour, excellence and application and the actual idea of intelligence altogether because you think your 'feelings' trump all of that. You have been repeatedly called out on your ignorance, but like El Kabong, you have yet to learn the lesson that humility teaches you. It is not weak to be wrong about something, to question it and then to come to another conclusion.

Neither of you have ever put forward your own conclusions. Just the learned gobbldeegook and nonsense you were sold by people who like you do not value science, experience or intelligence.

You don't teach your kids to be kids do you? That is natural and innate and yet her you are suggesting that everyone dismisses the adults and as children just trust their own 'feelings' and the dumb stories other immature people try to sell them to make them feel special. Instead of learning to be adults by listening to someone who has greater knowledge and experience of a subject.

Believe me I know exactly what if feels like to be lied to for years, and it was not done by respected members of the scientific community . It was by people who had far more in common with your conspiracy cult wide boys, and El Kabongs Conservative Christian evangelicals.

Nobody is saying not to question things, other than you both who claim to have a monopoly on your own 'Special' truths.
    Last edited by Beanz; 12-12-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Bollocks. Complete and utter twaddle mate. Anyone, even with a modicum of intelligence can use rationality and logic to asses the work of others and to see why the scientific community have come to a unified conclusion. You are advocating dismissing entirely the idea of expertise , scientific rigour, excellence and application and the actual idea of intelligence altogether because you think your 'feelings' trump all of that. You have been repeatedly called out on your ignorance, but like El Kabong, you have yet to learn the lesson that humility teaches you. It is not weak to be wrong about something, to question it and then to come to another conclusion.

Neither of you have ever put forward your own conclusions. Just the learned gobbldeegook and nonsense you were sold by people who like you do not value science, experience or intelligence.

You don't teach your kids to be kids do you? That is natural and innate and yet her you are suggesting that everyone dismisses the adults and as children just trust their own 'feelings' and the dumb stories other immature people try to sell them to make them feel special. Instead of learning to be adults by listening to someone who has greater knowledge and experience of a subject.

Believe me I know exactly what if feels like to be lied to for years, and it was not done by respected members of the scientific community . It was by people who had far more in common with your conspiracy cult wide boys, and El Kabongs Conservative Christian evangelicals.

Nobody is saying not to question things, other than you both who claim to have a monopoly on your own 'Special' truths.
    Have YOU learned the lesson humility teaches you?

Yeah I have my own conclusions on the Anthropogenic Global Climate Change hysteria. #1 It's a power grab #2 it's a money grab #3 it plays more off of emotion than science. You look at something like the Paris Climate Accords, the United States are out of them (everyone boos) the United States is hitting lower and lower levels of CO2 emitted without it (to no applause or any kind of acknowledgement at all)....the Paris Climate Accords were about $$$$$ and control and nothing else. Not only that, the money wouldn't be audited where it went what it went for, it just leaves America and vanishes among 3rd World nations, corrupt foundations, etc. But you likely are dismissive of these things from the start and so there's no real use in attempting to explain to you, just like there's no real use in bringing up Climategate where the "scientific researchers" blatantly and purposefully fudged their data in order to achieve the numbers they wanted to achieve.....radio silence on the other end and/or very lukewarm dismissals of that being a scandal. Very telling and like I said before groupthink, blind unquestioning adherence. Then there's the looooooooooooooooong history of these very same "scientists" being extraordinarily wrong, not a great track record for them.

You constantly lump me into this cult that raised you...you don't know me, and even when I tell you my beliefs you don't take my word for it, you attack me and then say I can't be Christian or that I "pick & choose"....I try my best to not take that personally, I know you're not in a right mind when you attack me.

You're free to worship the cult of Greta, nobody is stopping you.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Systems of control are often very, very similar. You blindly worship at the feet of the God of Ignorance in Trump so stop kidding yourself and admit that being wrong for virtually all your adult life so far is not weak.

Small steps.

One at a time.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rapid Global Climate change is an unarguable fact. There such an overwhelming consensus of scientific opinion that countries around the world are toppling like dominoes in declaring a climate emergency. The denial lobby is characterized by it's denial of science and logic, and it's unabashed funding by the people most responsible for creating the pollutants that are causing it. You can extract pollution from Climate change anymore than you can pretend that the massive global extinction of species that rises everyday (not saying that you do) has nothing to do with the same problem.

The raised voices of ignorance are not to be treated equally as though there 'beliefs' and 'feelings' are equivalent to evidence.
    It's plenty arguable. Science doesn't run on consensus. Countries are subsidized to make such declarations. Oh if you deny you're part of a "lobby" eh? America has done a great job in limiting their output of CO2, China not so much, and yet China is never asked to do ANYTHING, gee I wonder why? CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL.

OK then sport, solve the crisis. State what is needed to solve the crisis. The Green New Deal? Something similar? Provide an explanation of how this "climate crisis" is remedied....I'm quite interested in this and how it won't involve totalitarian control of every single aspect of our lives and these solutions are going to involve the deaths of millions of people.....do please explain

Stop telling lies. It is a nasty habit of yours.

Science does absolutely run on consensus.

To suggest otherwise just betrays your ignorance and puts you in exactly the same boat as Alpha (Gandalf will have to budge over a bit). Scientific papers are pored over by experts in the field, everyone of which is far more qualified to judge the content than you, or the idiots who feed you Kool aid, and then the entire subject becomes smarter by experts again working on the questions raised by those papers, and trying to capture even more evidence to build a more complete consensual picture of the subject in hand.

Consensus makes the world go around. I know you are terrified of progress and even words like 'Union' and 'Solidarity', but people like yourself and Trump actually hold the entire species back from concentrating on what is important. You mistake not liking the implications of scientific fact, with having some kind of expertise that allows you to disagree with over 90% of the thousands studying it for the last few decades.

Supreme arrogance and supreme ignorance are often the same thing.

https://futurism.com/what-is-scientific-consensus
    Beanz, you're one of the problems that human beings are experiencing right now, because you're going to go with concensus, regardless whether its right or wrong, and you think that's sane. That's insanity, what you are stating.

You have faulty reasoning, appeals to consensus (argumentum ad populum) is not science. What you're saying is you don't have the responsibility and the inclination to understand your reality. That's fine, if you want to live in ignorance that's up to you.

I am saying look at the actual science. You are pushing appeals to consensus. And appeals to authority. Completely faulty reasoning.

Anyone is welcome to call me out, all I'm asking for is physical practical demonstartions/ experiments, you know, actual science. Not the pseudoscience you subscribe to.

I have already admitted I was wrong about something and come to my own conclusions. For years I believed the nonsense I was taught.

I teach my children to think critically for themselves. If you want to start talking about others' families, people you don't know and aren't here to defend themselves, then don't cry when I start in on your missus. Take the warning.

I have no "special truths", only scientific fact, through observation and experiment.
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

Systems of control are often very, very similar. You blindly worship at the feet of the God of Ignorance in Trump so stop kidding yourself and admit that being wrong for virtually all your adult life so far is not weak.

Small steps.

One at a time.
    He's ignorant? He's President, nobody thought he could do it...people think he's done for right now (after having been wrong again and again and again).... I'm right. Donald Trump isn't perfect, but he's right right now and he'll be right in the future as well.

Greta is a child, a whiny know nothing, mentally ill child being used by this industry of "Climate Doomsdayers" to try and guilt people into submission....sorry, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than one goofy teenager to get me to submit to these tyrannical greenies.

I asked for your solution, I provided my views which you asked....I guess you've given up then? It's ok I knew you would. Your response will just be name calling, personal insults, and screeching "REEEEE!!!!" as per usual. And when you get blowback, you'll cry, again as per usual. You do this over and over and over again and never fucking learn.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Small steps.

One at a time.
    He's ignorant? He's President, nobody thought he could do it...people think he's done for right now (after having been wrong again and again and again).... I'm right. Donald Trump isn't perfect, but he's right right now and he'll be right in the future as well.

Greta is a child, a whiny know nothing, mentally ill child being used by this industry of "Climate Doomsdayers" to try and guilt people into submission....sorry, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than one goofy teenager to get me to submit to these tyrannical greenies.

I asked for your solution, I provided my views which you asked....I guess you've given up then? It's ok I knew you would. Your response will just be name calling, personal insults, and screeching "REEEEE!!!!" as per usual. And when you get blowback, you'll cry, again as per usual. You do this over and over and over again and never fucking learn.

The only people in this thread claiming to be experts are you and Alpha in denying the conclusions of people who have spent decades studying the evidence. You have always been a know it all selfish cunt willing to throw the safety and well being of everyone else on to the bonfire in order to serve your weird fucked up ideology.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

The only people in this thread claiming to be experts are you and Alpha in denying the conclusions of people who have spent decades studying the evidence. You have always been a know it all selfish cunt willing to throw the safety and well being of everyone else on to the bonfire in order to serve your weird fucked up ideology.
    The same people once said we were headed for an Ice Age, the Population Bomb, holes in the Ozone layer, acid rain, etc etc ad infinitum....and the Earth keeps on a spinnin' life is plentiful.

The folks saying the world is going to end (which Greta IS saying) unless we do something are no different than saaaay this guy...

So enjoy your cult cultboy

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Small steps.

One at a time.

Show me one reference where I have said I'm an expert. You are a liar.

I guarantee I have more science qualifications than you do tho.

There are many scientific who refute climate change. You only choose to believe those that fit your narrative.

Like El Kabong says, this has been going on for decades. Were all those so called scientists wrong about the coming ice age back in the 70s etc? They weren't just pushing a narrative that they got kick backs from were they? Surely people can't be swayed that easily can they. Oh yeah they can.

You are the only one who comes across as a know it all and has to resort to ad hominem and lies. You are the one that let's your feelings get involved. I have always stated that personalities and feelings have no place in objective enquiry, the only truth that matters is physical, practical objective, tangible facts.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say it again. We should be focusing on something that no one can debate. That's pollution. After all... if man-made climate change is in fact real..... what causes it? Pollution, right?

Attack the source of the problem, and there will be little need to haggle over the consequential effects (or not).

Seems so simple to me... but then humanity has taken a liking to finding something to constantly bicker about.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Small steps.

One at a time.

Jim Rickards even came out and called him a genius and pointed out why. Trump gets many things ordinary leftists-globalists turned a blind eye to for years. It is one reason he upsets them. He is derailing their agenda and part of me finds that very satisfying.

As for Greta. In the words of the long lost Brock Bwahahahaha!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'll say it again. We should be focusing on something that no one can debate. That's pollution. After all... if man-made climate change is in fact real..... what causes it? Pollution, right?

Attack the source of the problem, and there will be little need to haggle over the consequential effects (or not).

Seems so simple to me... but then humanity has taken a liking to finding something to constantly bicker about.
    True, my dear man. They burn coal here and the air sucks. We need a little Thatcherism and it gets better. Nuclear all the way.

As for Beanz and Lyle. Isn't Beanz awful? He doesn't know how to be civilized. Made me angry reading through the election thread. A Tory romp will mute that mouth a bit and I hate myself saying that as I don't like any of these parties.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy to Tito, I haven't said much at all in this thread. I am just addressing points where I see my name mentioned. There was no need for Beanz to mention me, or misrepresent me, or spread his lies.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy to Tito, I haven't said much at all in this thread. I am just addressing points where I see my name mentioned. There was no need for Beanz to mention me, or misrepresent me, or spread his lies.

No worries bro. Wasn't really directed at you. It's just that it's tough to get in a thought edgewise when the heavyweights are slugging it out.

I had made the point before... and it got buried under the continuation of the hostilities. I thought it was a pretty good point, too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I can see yet again another thread of mine has careened off the rails jetting out with Sparks and Friction.

I donut think any --- ANY --- country is going to comply or even cooperate with this stuff when their wheelhouse is cranking at maximum capacity churning out tens of billions of dollars for their economy.

Nope. And noone no how is going to stop eating meat.

Boys will be boys. And money always talks.

Same shit since Adam and Eve. Same shit, different day.

Thread Information