Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 10 Biggest Polluters on Earth

If by "cooperating with this stuff" you mean the pollution aspect of it, well...... of course you're perfectly entitled to as much pessimism as you like.

I on the other hand, see no excuse whatsoever why nations can't be encouraged/enticed/enforced/coerced into cooperating "with this stuff."

And if some require scoldings by 16-year olds to get their collective shit together.... then so be it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"stuff" wasn't pooo pooing of the very disturbing and disgusting reality of pollution, just a quick reference.

Coercin countries, not as easy as it sounds, could lead to all out war, even global depression. With China, major nuke power with a Sino-centric chip on the shoulder, coercing could spark A sudden angry attack on Taiwan or Hong Kong. With India it seems far more likely to do some forcing and coercing. Financial pressure is a good start. here's hoping a strategy can work to cut back on China and India's harrifick pollution.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    "stuff" wasn't pooo pooing of the very disturbing and disgusting reality of pollution, just a quick reference.
    Talking about pollution and global warming .... I did a pooh pooh this morning that must have single handedly raised the UK right to the top of that list.

Come on Britain, if there is a league table, we want to be at the top of it. We are a nation of competitors, so keep your Diesel engines running, light a log fire, use more micro plastics. We should all be doing our bit and raising our games!

Lets make Britain great again and get to the top of that table.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Talking about pollution and global warming .... I did a pooh pooh this morning that must have single handedly raised the UK right to the top of that list.
    Fuck me, if I dare comment on that, people will really accuse me that's I'm Broock.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me, if I dare comment on that, people will really accuse me that's I'm Broock.
    Ha!

I will curl a post out on your behalf...

" X did you have to top up on prune juice and cheese and warm beer so that when you squeezed out the log you were raised on high like the high priest of the log flume until it gave way and broke off like a dried out kebab and exploded like a chocolate tornado ripping a huge brown splashback that left a tidemark on the cistern?...poopp. plop. poo..fucky dick sucky Palm oil gravy..careful with that arse ax Eugene....jam "
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Ha!

I will curl a post out on your behalf...

" X did you have to top up on prune juice and cheese and warm beer so that when you squeezed out the log you were raised on high like the high priest of the log flume until it gave way and broke off like a dried out kebab and exploded like a chocolate tornado ripping a huge brown splashback that left a tidemark on the cistern?...poopp. plop. poo..fucky dick sucky Palm oil gravy..careful with that arse ax Eugene....jam "

wow thatzz a chocolatey goodness "treat" that's finger-lickin' good! I'll wish I can able to blast out a cocoa tornado like X can able.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'll say it again. We should be focusing on something that no one can debate. That's pollution. After all... if man-made climate change is in fact real..... what causes it? Pollution, right?

Attack the source of the problem, and there will be little need to haggle over the consequential effects (or not).

Seems so simple to me... but then humanity has taken a liking to finding something to constantly bicker about.
    Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL!! Cartoons always seem to sum up things perfectly.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

El Kabong Guest

If it's not all a big hoax then I guess this is easily explained....

A-listers flock to Google summit in private jets, mega yachts to talk climate change
    https://pagesix.com/2019/07/30/a-lis...limate-change/
    But according to Italian press reports, the attendees were expected to show up in 114 private jets, and 40 had arrived by Sunday.

The Post crunched the numbers and found that 114 first class seats from Los Angeles to Palermo, Italy, where Camp guests landed, would spew an estimated 784,000 kilograms of CO2 into the air.

but hey I'm just an average guy so I'm not allowed to fly or take a megayacht or own a car or live in my own house or have a gas stove or eat red meat...I'm supposed to live in a pod and eat bugs

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the cartoon continues to express itself correctly. Sometimes it's not about finding flaws on the other side and sitting there... spitballs at the ready to exploit any weakness in "the enemy."

Sometimes it's about seeing the forest and not the trees. It's about realizing that many of the ideas championed by some of these climate carers (not all are "alarmists", "doomsayers", "terrorists", whatever), such as the bullet points on the cartoon...... are not the enemy and may just even be good ideas. Gosh.... fancy that!

I come from a technical background. I studied and prepared for a LEED exam some years ago, back when demand was high for LEED professionals. (Didn't go through with it due to some sudden, pressing family issues). But many of the principles espoused by LEED were just plain old common sense. Much of what is in those bullets was also in LEED teaching material. Are we to lump in EVERYTHING environmentalists do and say together..... and use the "alarmist" label..... and look for convenient scapegoats like Greta in order to trash the whole premise of making our world a better place to live?

God, I hope not.

We have to broaden our minds and stop becoming polarized at the drop of a hat. Issues become hot buttons..... and anything and everything that is mentioned regarding these issues is lumped into one pole or the other. WTF?!?

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    If it's not all a big hoax then I guess this is easily explained....

A-listers flock to Google summit in private jets, mega yachts to talk climate change
    https://pagesix.com/2019/07/30/a-lis...limate-change/
    But according to Italian press reports, the attendees were expected to show up in 114 private jets, and 40 had arrived by Sunday.

The Post crunched the numbers and found that 114 first class seats from Los Angeles to Palermo, Italy, where Camp guests landed, would spew an estimated 784,000 kilograms of CO2 into the air.

but hey I'm just an average guy so I'm not allowed to fly or take a megayacht or own a car or live in my own house or have a gas stove or eat red meat...I'm supposed to live in a pod and eat bugs

You are not an average guy at all. If everything for you can be reduced to having a quick check to see what Sage and Asparagus says should be your opinion, you are pretty fucking far from that. Everything for you is a rush to fall out and cast yourself as the victim. You claim to be some wild man of the forest and yet you can't even bring yourself to agree that a less polluted environment for future generations is something worth working towards. You are full of shit. One minute you are off to NASA with exclusive hard to negotiate access to meet the astronauts, and the next minute you are some poor bloke with an allotment and a dream of owning a Penny Farthing.

The presence of hypocrites grandstanding whilst flying around on Private Jets does not invalidate the science. You slagged of Greta Thunberg for not flying and for not being poor, now you are sticking the boot in because people are flying and yet you back a President that told you in 2016 he was not going to have the time to play Golf and has since then stuck his middle finger up and said Fuck You EL Kabong a Guzillion times as he waddles around with his golf stick ruining a good walk.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok..... I get your disdain from Greta.

So nothing else in the post caught your attention?
    Last edited by TitoFan; 12-16-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Lyle, forget Greta for a minute.

Many environmentalists just want society to implement the principles we all know would be beneficial for a healthy environment. Forget the alarmists, the Gretas, the doomsayers, the extremists. Focus on what everyone knows is right. Renewable energy..... pollution control and the recycling of waste to energy that would allow much of that to happen..... the protection of our wetlands and our global forestation..... city and building designs meant to preserve the environment while conserving energy and using as much renewables as possible.... promoting alternative energy sources..... fighting pollution wherever it exists.... educating our children in these principles. What's wrong with any of that?

Let's get our heads out of the sand and support these initiatives. It's not about US vs THEM. It's about doing what's right and makes common sense to protect the environment.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ok..... we get your disdain from Greta.

So nothing else in the post caught your attention?
    There's no graph on the chart the lil cartoon lecturer is presenting?

I assume you mean the list of great and wonderful things that we could achieve if only we go the green route?

Thread Information