Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
There are 3 big reasons I'm very much looking forward to Lopez-Commey.

1. IMO, it should be a hell of a fight. Two excellent fighters. Should be an action-packed fight.

2. It's not on DAZN.

3. It's on ESPN.

Ok... I realize #2 can be lumped in with #3. I'm just excited I should be able to watch what should be a very good fight. I personally favor Lopez to come out on top.

The winner should hopefully get a Lomachenko fight..... but with Loma being a (cough, gag) "Franchise Champion" and all....... who the hell knows what'll happen to those possibilities.
I think if Commey wins they try to sell the public that Commey/Loma is for “Undisputed”, if Lopez wins I just can’t see them sacrificing such a good young fighter. Possibly ruining a good earner.

Can we please just start calling franchise championships what they are, protection championships? It’s both insulting as it should be and factually correct.
I'm interested to know who you would have at #1 and #2 at 135, hypothetically does the winner of this fight become #2 for you?
By default yes, there’s no getting around Mikey Garcia leaving the division because TR refused to negotiate, refused to even talk. I don’t think either Commey/Lopez is the 2nd best fighter, or 3rd. But ranking, sure, they would earn the ranking.

Number 1 and 2 at lightweight really are Loma and Garcia. Just, one team refused so Mikey left. On talent Tank is probably next, hell, he might even be the most talented with that speed and power. But until Tank finally mans up we don’t really know how good he is. But on a guess, I think he would smash either Commey or Lopez.

The division has many questions, where is Haney? To act like one guy has answered all the questions with so many of the top guys having not had their chance to make their claim would be a tragedy.

(Edit-don’t mean you imply you are acting in any way, I said acting in regards to an undisputed claim)
Thanks, Mikey hasn't fought at 135 in almost 18 months, so I'd have to take him out of the lightweight rankings. If a sanctioning body still recognised him (like the example with Thurman, who held onto his belt while inactive for near 2 years), then I would consider having him in. He has just made a deal with DAZN but I doubt he returns to lightweight.

So would a fight between Loma (who I assume is your #1). I agree we shouldn't rank Davis at 135 until he fights at the weight and he probably won't have done as much as Loma or the Lopez/ Commey winner to overtake. So would you consider a fight between Loma and the Lopez/ Commey winner as lineal?

Haney is injured, as far as I heard and Fortuna vs Campbel was going to be for the interim.

Haney is only just ahead of Tank for me, in regards to divisional work. Fortuna was going to be his 1st big test, so he still has some work to do himself. Could it be argued that a Gamboa win for Tank, with his talent and record, would be enough for him to be rated ahead of Haney?