Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,158
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3163
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    He can come again but it's up to him.

    He's a good fighter with very fast hands and a hell of a chin. Get in shape and he can have 3 or 4 big pay days. I think the wilder or fury winner may want him too.
    I think so too. He has got gifts with the hand speed and chin, so if he would work on his weight, get those feet moving and have a trainer willing to drill it into him about food and exercise, then he can turn it around. That's where I think he could even use a psychologist as there is something going on there if you gain so much weight having just won the title. A nutritionist, a good coach, really take it seriously for a few years as boxing is a very short career.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,523
    Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Yes very well said Master. I don't think the full impact of how he cheated himself more than he cheated anyone else has hit him yet. When it does hit him I wonder if he can handle that psychologically. Even in the very last round I was telling myself HE MUST KNOW HE LOST EVERY ROUND PRETTY MUCH. So why the hell doesn't he just risk being knocked out in the 12th round and just let his hands go and tried to throw 80 punches or so? Better to go out on your shield, and lose your belts well fighting with valor and desperation, than to lose your belts LUMBERING FORWARD AT 2 MILES PER HOUR AND THROWING, WHAT, DID HE EVEN THROW 20 PUNCHES PER ROUND?
    Ruuz couldn't close the gap to let his hands go. He was that heavy. Just a frustrated beached whale getting frustrated saying 'Come here and let me hit you'. He is one of those lottery winners that spends it all on helicopters and then ends up back as a cleaner within a year. There are levels in life and Ruiz kind of proves that life is about hierarchies and that the truly successful are those who put the genuine work in.

    Higgins was a great snooker player, but Steve Davis will always have the greater record. You can apply it to so many things and that is why in many cases people are more successful than others. Skill, hard work and a little dash of luck. Minus those things and you go nowhere.



    Ha!
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,523
    Mentioned
    821 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Physically, inside sources are saying that he has already ballooned over 310 lb and that he came into the ring at close to 295 lb
    Training for 12 weeks and weighing in at 283.7 lb makes one Wonder what he weighed before he started training!

    Mentally, it must not be very good for one's self esteem to realize you have just lost four championship belts that you swore to God you would never let go of over your dead body, all due to suddenly waking up in silk pajamas and not wanting to run 3 miles a day. If you could not get motivated to prove that the first fight was not a fluke then how can you get motivated after this fiasco?

    I suspect that this was the end of "lash in the pan" Andy Ruiz Jr.

    In addition to all of that you have to ask yourself what promoter will actually bother with this guy anymore? If that is all the respect that he can show himself and the fans and the promoters and the sport of boxing itself then why should anybody ever bother again to promote one of his fights? If he thought it was okay to come into the ring close to 295 pounds TO TRY TO RETAIN HIS TITLES, then will he think it is okay to come into the ring at 325 lb FOR AN ORDINARY NON-TITLE FIGHT

    You really do have to wonder about that question.

    Stick a fork in it Andy (I'm sure you literally already have!). ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����
    5 minutes ago you were telling us all how Joshua's Career was over.







    Maybe stick a fucking sock in it mate
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Gandalf I really do not think your research has been thorough enough on the subject ....you really do like to simplify things when they are a lot more complicated than you make them out to be. Your wishful thinking seems to Trump scientific evidence almost every single time. You latch onto one author who validates your particular preference and then you claim it to be scientific evidence for the whole world. Very few people can recover from severe trauma so that they can live the life they would have lived had they not experienced that trauma. You love to speak in vague terms like recovery but what does recovery actually mean? You are so vague that most of the time it is very hard to dispute anything with you on a point-by-point basis

    Now back to Ruiz. @Mark TKO you got that right about the rubber match but if he doesn't lose the weight it will turn out to be a BLUBBER MATCH.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Physically, inside sources are saying that he has already ballooned over 310 lb and that he came into the ring at close to 295 lb
    Training for 12 weeks and weighing in at 283.7 lb makes one Wonder what he weighed before he started training!

    Mentally, it must not be very good for one's self esteem to realize you have just lost four championship belts that you swore to God you would never let go of over your dead body, all due to suddenly waking up in silk pajamas and not wanting to run 3 miles a day. If you could not get motivated to prove that the first fight was not a fluke then how can you get motivated after this fiasco?

    I suspect that this was the end of "lash in the pan" Andy Ruiz Jr.

    In addition to all of that you have to ask yourself what promoter will actually bother with this guy anymore? If that is all the respect that he can show himself and the fans and the promoters and the sport of boxing itself then why should anybody ever bother again to promote one of his fights? If he thought it was okay to come into the ring close to 295 pounds TO TRY TO RETAIN HIS TITLES, then will he think it is okay to come into the ring at 325 lb FOR AN ORDINARY NON-TITLE FIGHT

    You really do have to wonder about that question.

    Stick a fork in it Andy (I'm sure you literally already have!). ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����
    5 minutes ago you were telling us all how Joshua's Career was over.


    Beanz I'm not the one @'ing you, am I? I said AJ was mediocre, but I never said his career was over. I believe he will fight for a couple of more years and wait until Wilder is a little bit older before fighting him.




    Maybe stick a fucking sock in it mate
    Beanz I'm not the one @'ing you, am I? I said AJ was mediocre, but I never said his career was over. I believe he will fight for a couple of more years and wait until Wilder is a little bit older before fighting him.

    Okay I will stick a sock in it and take your advice. I thought this was a pretty civil thread and pretty interesting too, several people have given their reflections on the title of the thread and I thought it was a pretty good thread moving along so I don't know why now you have to be mean to me.

    I am going to go back to the topic okay?

    I think Andy Ruiz his career might be over.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,158
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3163
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Yes very well said Master. I don't think the full impact of how he cheated himself more than he cheated anyone else has hit him yet. When it does hit him I wonder if he can handle that psychologically. Even in the very last round I was telling myself HE MUST KNOW HE LOST EVERY ROUND PRETTY MUCH. So why the hell doesn't he just risk being knocked out in the 12th round and just let his hands go and tried to throw 80 punches or so? Better to go out on your shield, and lose your belts well fighting with valor and desperation, than to lose your belts LUMBERING FORWARD AT 2 MILES PER HOUR AND THROWING, WHAT, DID HE EVEN THROW 20 PUNCHES PER ROUND?
    Ruuz couldn't close the gap to let his hands go. He was that heavy. Just a frustrated beached whale getting frustrated saying 'Come here and let me hit you'. He is one of those lottery winners that spends it all on helicopters and then ends up back as a cleaner within a year. There are levels in life and Ruiz kind of proves that life is about hierarchies and that the truly successful are those who put the genuine work in.

    Higgins was a great snooker player, but Steve Davis will always have the greater record. You can apply it to so many things and that is why in many cases people are more successful than others. Skill, hard work and a little dash of luck. Minus those things and you go nowhere.



    Ha!
    Is it not true that if you put the work in you tend to do better? Prime Tyson was better partly because he did work hard. His room was messy, but he worked hard. When he did not and still had a messy room it became a problem. Tyson was at the top because he was ths best. His room seems cleaner these days and he is the happier for it. All makes sense. If you eat donuts everyday you will be a fat mess and there is no way around that. You have to work at everything.

    Talent + effort + mental/physical fortitude = Great potential.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,158
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3163
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Gandalf I really do not think your research has been thorough enough on the subject ....you really do like to simplify things when they are a lot more complicated than you make them out to be. Your wishful thinking seems to Trump scientific evidence almost every single time. You latch onto one author who validates your particular preference and then you claim it to be scientific evidence for the whole world. Very few people can recover from severe trauma so that they can live the life they would have lived had they not experienced that trauma. You love to speak in vague terms like recovery but what does recovery actually mean? You are so vague that most of the time it is very hard to dispute anything with you on a point-by-point basis

    Now back to Ruiz. @Mark TKO you got that right about the rubber match but if he doesn't lose the weight it will turn out to be a BLUBBER MATCH.
    Things are indeed complicated, but at the same time you, who have no psychiatric qualifications are making blanket statements like 'Very few people can recover from severe trauma' and the fact is that they can, according to those who do have a history of research. If you would like to provide a source to what you are saying then cite one. The majority of those who seek help for OCD for instance either recover or at least find tools to minimize its impact on their lives and that can easily be backed up. Now those that do not seek to remedy the problem are another case entirely. But in terms of say BPD two thirds or more improve within a year and 90% almost totally adapt to live relatively ordinary lives within 2 years. Now that is a disorder that most typically develops because of childhood trauma. Of course every case is different as every experience is different.

    There is nothing vague in the data collated by accredited clinicians. The only thing missing is the individual story, but we are often talking about things like child sex abuse, violence, abandonment and these kinds of things if we are talking about genuine childhood trauma.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    You poo poo my statement as "blanket", and champion your statement as valid. Interesting how you assume that in a knee jerk. Only your sources are valid. Got it. You are a very young man, who flits from one new discovery or fad to another, every year or 2, and then wants to act the authority on various topics in the presence of people 15 or 20 years older than you, to whom none of what you are telling us is anything new. And you are oh so sure of yourself! You think it all just makes such good sense! It must be so! Seems so simple. Everyone can just do it, or they're just lazy or cop outs! It's surely that simple. And guaranteed!

    "Those who talk, do not know;

    Those who know, do not talk."

    --Lao Tzu

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Again, back to the topic.

    (Sigh.....)

    So yeah, Big Andy has got a deep underlying pathology manifesting in abusive over eating. From childhood, of course, because where else would it come from?

    Poor Andy may be done. He just made another $15 million, so his pajamas will be EVEN MORE SILKY NOW! And 15 million buys a HELLA lotta buffets.

    Andy, if you're listening, start running 3 miles a day big boy.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,158
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3163
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You poo poo my statement as "blanket", and champion your statement as valid. Interesting how you assume that in a knee jerk. Only your sources are valid. Got it. You are a very young man, who flits from one new discovery or fad to another, every year or 2, and then wants to act the authority on various topics in the presence of people 15 or 20 years older than you, to whom none of what you are telling us is anything new. And you are oh so sure of yourself! You think it all just makes such good sense! It must be so! Seems so simple. Everyone can just do it, or they're just lazy or cop outs! It's surely that simple. And guaranteed!

    "Those who talk, do not know;

    Those who know, do not talk."

    --Lao Tzu
    But you have provided no sources and now you are getting personal. Do you even have a degree in psychology? You are an accountant, a baker, a teacher, so surely a psychologist as well. You also claim to live in countries you do not, live in towns you do not, etc. So I can see you are trying to get to grips with something or other.

    You made a blanket statement and questioned it. I have not claimed to be an expert, but I have cited an expert who has said exactly that. That one of the most difficult issues in mental health is something that can be helped in the vast majority of cases. Now have I been involved in those cases? No, of course not.

    The idea that because I am not as old as you means I cannot know as much on certain topics is childish. There are things we can all learn from people younger or older than ourselves. Lao Tzu is someone you could listen to then as post an awful lot. I don't think you will get very far not talking though. I guess Jordan Peterson will have to just make eye contact and not move his lips.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    another big cheque in ruiz's bank account isn't going to make it any easy for him to train properly. once he blows through his money he'll be back, in whatever shape is possible for a top up
    Read my mind exactly. His last check may sink him for life.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    You got personal first. And what sources did you provide? You're nuts. This was a good thread, too, until you got preachy and pontificating.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    "With effort, OCD never need be a factor."
    And needn't be poverty or homelessness or any other I'll according to you.
    Dude, you are the KING of blanket statements. Have you any idea how many kinds of OCD there are? Your oversimplified views are obnoxiously sophomoric. Nobody should be poor and nobody should be homeless and nobody's pathologies should be a factor, how utterly arrogant.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ruiz had his moment of fame but blew it when he became champ just like Leon Spinks and Buster Douglas did. Yes he made a lot of money but he really let himself down. He will try and get back into the heavyweight picture but will never become champion again. He will regret that for the rest of his life.
    Yes he blew it. And it'll be a lifetime regret. Even worse than Leon's, I feel.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,158
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3163
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is Andy Ruiz's career over? (Physically AND mentally)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You got personal first. And what sources did you provide? You're nuts. This was a good thread, too, until you got preachy and pontificating.
    Erm go back and read and I referenced a trained Professional who has researched and written on the topic of mental health. I am nuts? Yeah, says the man that pretends he is in different countries, lies about his profession, and if he is who people say he is loves sordid poetry involving kids and has a fetish for teachers who sleep with students, but yeah, I am nuts. You need to work on the OCD.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. HW Prospect Andy Ruiz....
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-20-2016, 04:27 PM
  2. Why Andy Ruiz is special!
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 01:54 AM
  3. Andy Ruiz...
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 05:34 PM
  4. Andy Ruiz jr is fat!!
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 09:53 AM
  5. Andy Ruiz Jr.
    By Bo-Bo24 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 06:27 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing