Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Brook fight again?

Him and Khan will be planning the ultimate retirement purse fight for next year - quite frankly neither deserves it any more
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No clue who Deluca is but glad to see him back in the ring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Him and Khan will be planning the ultimate retirement purse fight for next year - quite frankly neither deserves it any more
    Personally its not a fight that i care for anymore. I would tune in if it was on channel 5 or the under card of a big fight but the interest for that one isn't there anymore.

I would prefer to see Kell against Crawford with the outside chance of an upset for shits and giggles.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Personally its not a fight that i care for anymore. I would tune in if it was on channel 5 or the under card of a big fight but the interest for that one isn't there anymore.

I would prefer to see Kell against Crawford with the outside chance of an upset for shits and giggles.
    Also Khan v Spence live on BBC at Bolton Football Ground.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook ‘offered around £1.5million’ for Terence Crawford world title fight in November

Terence Crawford’s promotional representatives have reportedly made an offer of ‘around $1.5million’ for Kell Brook to challenge him in November.

WBO welterweight champion Crawford is rated as one of the top boxers in the world pound-for-pound, but is struggling to secure top opposition due to the politics of the sport.

Crawford is aligned with Bob Arum’s Top Rank in the US, while most other top 147lbers work with Al Haymon’s PBC.

With top target Errol Spence facing Danny Garcia next, Crawford’s turned his attention to a Manny Pacquiao bout overseas.

However, this is appearing unlikely and so alternative options are being considered for a US fight behind closed doors.

And now, according to Mike Coppinger, an offer of roughly $1.5million has been made for Brook to face Crawford in November.

Promoter Arum previously told iFL TV: “Terence Crawford, we’re trying to put together a fight with Manny Pacquiao, which would be out of the United States.

“Now, if we’re able to do that, that’s the fight I hope to put together.

“But if we’re not able to do that fight and we have to do it in the ‘bubble’, we are looking at having Terence fight Kell Brook.

“I talked to the Brook people today, they know what the situation is and they’ll be back to us.

“They assure me that Brook has lost a lot of weight and is getting into tremendous condition.”

The Sheffield star won the IBF welterweight world title in 2014, but was dethroned by Errol Spence in 2017.

Since then, Brook has had three bouts all in the weight class above, but is adamant he can get down to 147lbs again.

Arum continued: “I don’t know whether it [the Pacquiao fight] is gonna come to fruition or not come to fruition.

“It’s such conjecture at this point, again, I don’t even have a concrete offer. Nothing at all concrete.

“To do a Crawford vs Brook fight is a lot easier because then it would be a fight that would be in the ‘bubble’ here in Las Vegas.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...ence-crawford/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t think you’ll find anyone without any serious obligations giving Brook a hope in hells chance with Crawford.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I don’t think you’ll find anyone without any serious obligations giving Brook a hope in hells chance with Crawford.
    Brook wins easy, Crawford will be left unable to throw a punch after breaking both his hands on Brooks metal face at which point the cyborg will pot shot is way to a boring victory.

nah you are right, pointless fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Rank is finishing the year strong with high-end bouts on ESPN. It had previously announced that the lightweight title unification bout between WBA-WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko and IBF champion Teofimo Lopez would be Oct. 17 in Las Vegas on ESPN.

On Thursday, a source with knowledge of the matter confirmed to Yahoo Sports that WBC super featherweight champion Miguel Berchelt will defend his belt on ESPN against Oscar Valdez. The site is not finalized for that one, but it is targeted for Las Vegas.

Also, a source confirmed that a welterweight title bout between WBO champion Terence Crawford and challenger Kell Brook is in the home stretch, though it is not finalized. It is being targeted for Nov. 14.

The possibility of that bout was first reported by The Athletic. It is either going to be in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand conference center or in the United Kingdom, where Brook is from. If it goes to the UK, there would be limited fans at the event, the source told Yahoo Sports.

The Crawford-Brook fight would also wind up on ESPN, if it is finalized.

The Berchelt-Valdez fight, though, figures to be a contender for Fight of the Year. Berchelt has gone 16-0 with a no contest in his last 17 fights and has finished 15 of them. He’s 37-1 with 33 knockouts. In Valdez, he’ll be facing a high-energy former featherweight champion who is 28-0 with 22 KOs.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/miguel-b...000715674.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could well be Kell’s last fight if it happens. Big money and sign off. I just hope there’s no permanent damage.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dominic Ingle reveals why he turned down offer to train Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight

Kell Brook’s former trainer Dominic Ingle has revealed he refused the chance to train the welterweight to fight Terence Crawford due to the risk in travelling during the pandemic and a lack of notice.

Ingle guided Brook to the top of the sport and a world title in 2014 with victory in the United States against Shawn Porter.

But the Sheffield-based trainer will not help ‘The Special One’ next month on 14 November against the pound-for-pound contender Crawford, who will present the biggest test since defeat to Errol Spence Jr in 2017.

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum confirmed the fight, which will see the Briton fight for the first time since Mark DeLuca in February.

Las Vegas and Crawford's hometown of Omaha in Nebraska are options for the fight, with ‘Bud’ still to fight this year, having last defended his WBO world title in December last year against Egidijus Kavaliauskas.

But Ingle maintains the circumstances were not right to resume his partnership with the 34-year-old in the “twilight” of his career.

“He's back, he's doing stuff by himself, not an issue,” Ingle told Seconds Out. "The Covid situation and travel restrictions, I can't take the risk of going anywhere, I've got Liam Williams and Willy Hutchinson fighting.

"Kell is in the twilight of his career, it’s great he got the Crawford fight, he’s not a spring chicken himself. Well has been training well over the last couple of months, his weight is good, I don’t think he’ll have a problem making the weight.

"It’s too risky, I can’t be travelling back and forth from places. Kell is going freestyle, freelancing a bit. But I’ve got to concentrate on the kids coming through.

"Once they leave the gym and walk out, it’s not a concern, I don’t give it much thought. It’s not an issue. I don’t train people for a fight for less than 10-12 weeks.

“It’s not the way I’ve ever worked. No matter what money is involved. I’ve got ambition that my fighters will win. I need to know what their capabilities are, when to push them, pull them out or be careful with them.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dom...150812091.html

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not being promoted by Hearn. Hearn binned this off as a PPV on Sky I think. He wanted Ingle to come in for the final 6 weeks. Everything he's doing appears to be a money saving move. Which appears to be a sign of cashing out.

Definite quit job after 6 rounds dabbing at one of his fucked eyes.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll ask bookies for odds on that - Brook quits between 5-8 dabbing eye. Shame as he'll be arguably Crawfords best ever opponent. Imagine SKY/Eddie ditching this fight a few years back, funny old turn of events.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information