Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Johnson as Prime Minister thread

Go ahead and respond. I will not be replying.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Beanz is right you have a complete empathy bypass. He is also right that you have no self-awareness. He is also right that you think you know the answer to everything at your age which is really rich. You also don't realize how you come across to others. you don't know the difference between a personal attack and somebody says something about bomb the immigrants? that's totally different than calling somebody personally out about their Asperger's or their autism or their OCD for example or telling them that what they personally should have done on their career path and where they went wrong. Who the hell are you to tell somebody so directly where they went wrong ?
    Bwahahahaha!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You couldn't work anywhere near as hard as I worked for the past four and a half years. you would be huffing and puffing you wouldn't be able to make it. Trust me even with the huge age difference even now you wouldn't be able to cut it. Trust me. You're a wimp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over and out.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You couldn't work anywhere near as hard as I worked for the past four and a half years. you would be huffing and puffing you wouldn't be able to make it. Trust me even with the huge age difference even now you wouldn't be able to cut it. Trust me. You're a wimp
    Ahhh, you are a riot. No, I would just drive a car. If you do not like it then do something else. Upgrade your skills, change occupations. I am fine with being a 'wimp'.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why should I consider those qualifications if I want to move into a different field for example? Who are you to tell me that I should have taken a certain career path? you know you are spoiled over there you know you are a white face. Don't deny it unless you have drinking so much South Korean Kool-Aid that you really believe it now. you think you could make it back in the UK or in the US? You could never do so in a million years you are too far gone
    I encouraged you to upgrade teaching credentials, Walrus has encouraged you to save, but we get accused of being white in terms of our thinking.

How is someone who invests massive time and money into their skillset spoiled? It is actually disciplined. The difference between me and you is that I don't make excuses for it all and accept that we have agency.

I wish you well, but you come across as bitter and frustrated lately. Your constant assertions that I couldn't make it are odd. I am much younger and believe in myself. The second part is something you seem uncertain of. After all you don't even seem to know why it is some are more likely than others to get interviews.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you know how much I have saved. Maybe I have more than both of you together. Why should I upgrade my skills just because you tell me to do it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's so easy to call somebody bitter. All you have to do is open your mouth and say it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    it's true that white westerners when they come back to their country from the far East will have a reverse culture shock and will have a very hard time cutting the mustard in their home country after being spoiled and red carpeted for decades.

It's like they think they are Joe Louis the brown bomber and after a while they forget about how long they have been away but they keep telling themselves that they can always go back and score a knockout and the next thing they get a bit long in the tooth and a step slow and they go back to their home country and they stare down the barrel of a young Rocky Marciano who knocks them silly and reality hits them.
    Cutting the mustard eh? Nice use of an American idiom. Long in the tooth, another more English idiom.....wow look how cultured you are Monsieur

And hey whaddya know a Marciano fan as well....what no Dempsey-Carpentier analogy? I would have certainly thought Tiozzo would rate with a French boxing fan, but Marciano.....so impressive

Not sure what you're getting at, Lyle. But whatever. Fats' secret is safe with us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you know how much I have saved. Maybe I have more than both of you together. Why should I upgrade my skills just because you tell me to do it?
    Nah, Walrus is likely richer than us combined. You should upgrade to avoid split shifts. It is to help you. Nothing more.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back on topic .......

You know when you post a joke on here and it gets a few measly rep comments and likes - but then someone else posts exactly the same joke and does brilliantly?

Now you know how Theresa May feels.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In his first four days as Prime Monster of the United Kingdom Boris Johnson has:
    Cut the disability benefits of 650,000 vulnerable humans.
    Rolled back on plans to address the climate change emergency.
    Banned any boycott of Israel and supported their renewed offensive against the unarmed civilians of Gaza.
    Removed child refugee legal protections.
    Rolled back his pledge to increase nurses for the NHS.
    Told us that the NHS is no longer protected from a trade deal with the US.
    Told us that future deals will be conducted in secret.
    Blocked anyone without photo ID from voting in future elections.
    Drafted new constituency boundaries to keep the Tories in power indefinitely.
    Dismissed renewed calls for a second Scottish independence referendum causing further disharmony.
    Stated that workers rights and Trade Unions are under threat.
    Rolled back pledge to increase the national living wage.
    Announced an increase in MP’s wages to £82k a year
    Scrapped EU directives on holiday pay, sick leave and working hours.
    Stated that Brexit is happening by the the 31st of January with the worst no-deal scenario yet.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The deadline of 1 January 2020 to make all trains accessible for disabled people has been ripped up in what has been branded the first “broken promise” since Boris Johnson’s election win.
    Around 1,200 carriages – many of them on notorious northern routes, already dogged by delays and cancellations – will continue running into the next decade, The Independent can reveal.

The tally is one in every 11 in the fleet and 50 per cent higher than the number that rail companies had asked for permission to keep in operation, despite having had a full decade to prepare.
    Some cannot accommodate wheelchairs, while others lack audio-visual information systems, easy to use handholds and handrails, or an accessible toilet – if toilets are fitted at all.

The move was sharply criticised by campaigners for better transport and for people with disabilities as a bitter new year pill for passengers to swallow.

Tanni Grey-Thompson, the multi gold medal-winning Paralympian, said: “I’m hugely disappointed. The rail industry has to urgently address what it is going to do to allow accessible transport and be transparent with its plans.

“It feels like there is tinkering around the edges. They’ve had plenty of time but just kept pushing it into the long grass.”
    Darren Shirley, the chief executive of Campaign for Better Transport, said: “With 10 years to prepare for the deadline to make trains accessible, this is a delay too far and has let down disabled passengers.”
    And Andy McDonald, Labour’s transport spokesman, said: “This government is not yet a week old, but is already breaking its promises...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...oFWlPUxw5DoK8o
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off holy mackerel that is one comprehensive list with supporting links!

Here are the ones that are the most upsetting for me: cutting benefits to so many people who are now marginalized; claiming that workers rights are under threat;. Saying that there will be no more Scottish referendum;. Not having enough train cars equipped for people who need assistance.

Trains are too expensive anyway what they should do is have a better bus system and each and every bus should be equipped for people who need assistance

Thread Information