Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
The most far right Party in the nation’s modern history just seized power through a campaign of lies and misinformation. To do this it evaded scrutiny, spent millions of foreign money on deception, and suppressed information. If you voted for that don't you dare ever claim to be a patriot. You are the absolute opposite.
Don't blame the people that voted, blame the party that made itself unvotable.

The people who are stuck on the far left really don't understand democracy do they

Leave wins - let's protest
Labour loses - let's protest

If the Brexiteers lost and then went out protesting then they would be labelled as mindless racist thugs.

If labour won all of their usual strongholds and people went out protesting then they would be labelled as mindless racist thugs.

All the gnashing of teeth isn't going to change anything, I don't like or trust Bozza but he has said that he is going to do his best for the people that loaned him their vote and (unfortunately I was one of those people) and now I've gotta sit tight and wait and see if he is a man of his word (Which I very much doubt)

Beans I think that to say that anyone who voted against Labour is unpatriotic is a bit narrow minded, everyone is entitled to vote for whoever they want for whatever reasons, you might not agree with their reasons but to chuck insults around is a little childish.
I am sure their are millions of people who voted with the very best of intentions. It is also true though that they voted on the basis of a massive pack of outright lies in many cases, and this seems to be being very conveniently buried and forgotten.

There are two separate issues though.

I can understand why many would have voted for Brexit. I have always said you can make a very strong case, even as someone on the left (far left even) for Brexit. One of my brothers voted for Brexit , my step-son voted for Brexit , Master voted for Brexit, but weirdly because I voted, after much soul searching, 'Remain' I have had to put up with years here of being called unpatriotic and undemocratic. Mainly, ironically, by Americans who struggle to know the difference between the UK , England , Scotland and Wales.

In the referendum I voted with England and the UK'S best interest at heart and what would be best for my family and the generations to come. I did the same thing in the General Election, but with the crucial difference that the most important thing was removing a party that is full of bad actors and has already begun selling the United Kingdom off. Not just our assets, like Nuclear to the Chinese and French the NHS and healthcare to corporations like Virgin and ATOS (how unpatriotic is that?), but much of our cultural and traditional heritage as well as showing scant disregard for the environment and one of the things that defines us as a nation, small businesses.

The Tories have made it clear everything is for sale. To be complicit in voting for that is utterly unpatriotic.

They have shown disrespect for all the things supposed Patriots are supposed to venerate - The Sovereignty of Parliament and the The Rule of Law.

The shrinking of the state through Austerity is deeply, deeply unpatriotic. I do not say these things lightly. Patriotism (pride in country) is massively compromised when you shrink and sell of the public services that make it great. It betrays the country and it's people.

Patriotism is not hating the EU. That is an American religion. Fuck that. Patriotism for us Brits is about celebrating and being proud of what we have created together as a nation. Galleries, Parks, Schools, Hospitals, etc not selling them off and closing them en masse.

If people really could not vote for labour there were plenty of alternatives, including 'None of the above',but many former Labour supporters did vote Tory, and so they willingly acted against the best interest of the UK. Just because it was 'To Get Brexit Done' does not instantly absolve them of responsibility and make them patriots.

I am sure many were and continue to be ignorant but to claim because they wave a foreign made flag like the American equivalent, that they are patriotic is just not true.
Nah don’t try to clean it up beanz you are right, anyone who voted differently from you is unpatriotic.

Who asked you anything? Got your Taiwanese made MAGA cap and plastic flag ready for when Trump starts bidding for our nations soul yet? Prick