Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshau offers to spar Fuy as preperation for beating Wilder

Yeah it's not really that hard to replicate Wilder's style, you shuffle around with a cocked right hand whilst getting your head jabbed off.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    A lot of it is two Brits taking the piss out of Wilder
    Yes that was my 2nd impression while I still think Joshua is pulling something over on fury

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury's split with trainer Ben Davison feels "unnecessary" according to Andy Lee, who says he will act as a "bridge" to help the pair move forward.

Fury, 31, is working with Detroit-based Javan SugarHill Steward and has also called on Lee to form part of the team training him to face Deontay Wilder.

Lee says he has "no idea" why Fury and Davison parted and says the two could still "work together" under Steward.

"I would like to see them reconcile and get back, it's not too late," Lee said.

Speaking to the 5 Live Boxing Podcast, former world middleweight champion Lee added: "I just feel it's unnecessary that they should be this strong-willed when the goal, to get the heavyweight championship of the world, is such a big purpose.

"I would like to see them get back together and if I can be a bridge for that, I will definitely be pushing it."

In his last bout, Fury beat Sweden's Otto Wallin in September despite suffering a horrific cut. In the aftermath, Fury's father John heavily criticised his team, stating that the fighter looked "as weak as a kitten".

Davison moved in to Fury's home and helped him lose around 10 stone in weight before the boxer returned to the sport in 2018. He was widely credited with helping to transform Fury's mental and physical health during that period.

In addition, Davison was instrumental in helping Fury to a draw with WBC world heavyweight champion Wilder just six months after his return and the pair were expected to team up again for the rematch, slated for 22 February.

Instead, Fury will start training on 1 January in Las Vegas under Steward, who is the nephew of the late Emmanuel Steward, the Hall of Fame trainer who guided Wladimir Klitschko, Thomas Hearns and Lennox Lewis.

"I got a call from Tyson and he just said he was thinking of bringing someone else into the camp to help," Lee, 35, added. "We talked about several coaches we both knew. I suggested SugarHill.

"He said: 'I was thinking of him.' They had worked together a bit when Tyson visited Detroit and when we visited the Klitschko camp in Austria.

"Emmanuel Steward would be busy with Wladimir, so SugarHill would train me and Tyson. I think it's an excellent match. SugarHill emphasises a lot on balance and being strong with the jab.

"I think Tyson, for the Wilder fight, will have to do what he does - feint, move, be tricky, unpredictable - but also have a little more authority in his punches.

"He hurt Wilder several times first time around. With SugarHill in the corner, if he has him hurt again, I think you will see Tyson going for the finish."

After Steward came on board, Lee was asked to join the team by Fury.

At the time, he assumed Davison would be part of the group, only for the British trainer to then tweet that his working relationship with Fury had ended - while stressing their friendship remained intact.

"I haven't seen anything from either on why they split up," Lee added. "I don't know; it seems a bit knee-jerk.

"My role is basically to be another set of eyes, to give advice where I can, if I see something I think can be improved or worked on.

"You can't serve too many masters in boxing. There can't be dissenting voices. It could always be difficult having two main coaches in a camp. So I guess that was Ben's decision.

"It's a shame it's gone this way as Tyson and Ben have been one of the great stories of the past few years with Tyson coming back from the abyss."

I was talking a decade ago to an athletics coach who said that sometimes you need a coach to come in and put out the fires. In this case for Davison, as Fury has said himself, he not only saved his career but highly likely saved his life.

This athletics coach said sometimes someone has to put out the fire but you need a new name and face to do the rebuilding after that.

I would agree with that completely if Fury was fighting to beat Anthony Joshua or Andy Ruiz Jr. But he is fighting a man who Ben had laid out a plan to beat. That plan worked that night when they fought in 2018.

It's the same Wilder now, maybe a bit more accomplished, but perhaps Tyson is thinking back on this year and perhaps he's got a bit stale. I thought after the Otto Wallin fight that perhaps they needed to freshen things up or have a shorter camp.

My understanding is that Ben felt there were too many people involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50873689
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is SugarHill Steward, the American set to coach ‘Gypsy King’ for Deontay Wilder rematch?

Tyson Fury shocked the boxing world by splitting from trainer Ben Davison and appointing SugarHill Steward as his replacement on Sunday.

In an unexpected move just ten weeks from his rematch with Deontay Wilder, Fury has made a drastic change which could prove either genius or disastrous.

But who is the little-known SugarHill Steward and what is his background?

Legendary Family History
    Steward, formerly known as Javan ‘Sugar’ Hill, is the nephew of one of boxing’s greatest trainers, Emanuel ‘Manny’ Steward.

He changed his name officially last year, explaining that Manny was a father to him.

SugarHill grew up around Steward’s famous Kronk Gym in Detroit and witnessed him training many iconic champions through the years, most notably Tommy Hearns.

Manny also coached top heavyweights such as Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield and Wladimir Klitschko.

While the original Kronk facility is now gone, with Emanuel Steward having also passed, SugarHill intends to continue the legacy.

First Meeting Fury
    In 2010, Fury travelled to America to spend three weeks training with Emanuel Steward at the Kronk Gym.

His cousin Andy Lee (who went on to become middleweight world champion) was coached by Manny and so Fury used the connection to make his mark.

The 21-year-old massively impressed the legendary trainer, who took him into his home for the three-week stint.

It was during this time that Fury first met SugarHill (all three pictured together below) and prompted Manny to correctly prophesise that he would go on to become a heavyweight champion after Wladimir Klitschko.

Champions Trained
    When Emanuel Steward passed away in 2012, SugarHill helped out some of his former fighters, such as light-heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson.

He’s also trained Anthony Dirrell, Charles Martin and worked as part of Andy Lee’s team.

Fury’s Time At Kronk Gym
    When previously speaking about his time in Detroit, Fury told talkSPORT: “I had the opportunity to go there – the Kronk Gym – and I ended up going.

“So I just landed over there, they didn’t even know I was coming. I walked in the gym, I was like, ‘Is Emanuel Steward here?’

“They said, ‘Who are you?’ I was like, ‘I’m the next heavyweight champion of the world, Tyson Fury.’

“They took me down to see him and that was it. I moved into his house that day.

“I was there for three weeks in Detroit with him, we trained every day, we talked about a lot of stuff, he had a lot of knowledge on boxing.

“It wasn’t just physical where he was great, he was great at communicating with a fighter and talking over fights.”

While at the Kronk Gym, Fury far from shied away from sparring with the locals.

He explained: “I went there and everybody above cruiserweight, light-heavyweight, got in the ring with me and I smashed them.

“Even though I was only 21 years old. Anyone they brought, I was even sparring two or three fighters at a time, the light ones, they couldn’t believe it.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...eontay-wilder/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who is this guy named in the thread Joshau ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information