Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75

Thread: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,072
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Probably wrong. In the words of Byrne 'Same as it ever was'. From Kennedy, to Nixon, to Clinton, to Bush and beyond.

    Kennedy was a junky sermingly with a chronic sex addiction. Charming on the surface, but pretty messed up.

    https://allthatsinteresting.com/jfk-...de-pornography


    I couldn't give less of a shit about his sexual exploits. Fact of the matter was he conducted himself like the fucking President of the United States well enough where you didn't feel embarrassed telling others that he was the President of your country.

    That the bar has been lowered to Earth core levels remains a sad commentary on humanity.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Think back on the classical days of classical oratory. The Roman senators the Greek sophists think back on the Renaissance the people of letters the great men and women of scholarliness. We definitely do not have any more of that that is for sure

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,072
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Think back on the classical days of classical oratory. The Roman senators the Greek sophists think back on the Renaissance the people of letters the great men and women of scholarliness. We definitely do not have any more of that that is for sure

    We don't need to go back that far though, bro.

    I'd settle for someone with diction, vocabulary and speaking skills a tad higher than the town drunk.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Think back on the classical days of classical oratory. The Roman senators the Greek sophists think back on the Renaissance the people of letters the great men and women of scholarliness. We definitely do not have any more of that that is for sure
    @TitoFan Trump couldn't carry their jockstraps.... But then again, neither could Obama or PELOSI or Bush, none of whom could do a 2-hour impromptu speech without a cunt teleprompter.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,406
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Probably wrong. In the words of Byrne 'Same as it ever was'. From Kennedy, to Nixon, to Clinton, to Bush and beyond.

    Kennedy was a junky sermingly with a chronic sex addiction. Charming on the surface, but pretty messed up.

    https://allthatsinteresting.com/jfk-...de-pornography


    I couldn't give less of a shit about his sexual exploits. Fact of the matter was he conducted himself like the fucking President of the United States well enough where you didn't feel embarrassed telling others that he was the President of your country.

    That the bar has been lowered to Earth core levels remains a sad commentary on humanity.
    I disagree. I think he also handled Vietnam like a muppet thus leading to a lot of mess that did not need to happen. The result was America basically going bankrupt a long time after himself of course.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,079
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    599
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Want to know the REAL trouble....JFK was a Democrat back then. Today where would someone with his views fit?
    Definitely. He was a bit conservative with taxes, got rid of the 90% rate, strong on military, literally thinking of launching the bomb figuring we would lose 30% or so of the US but wipe out Russia

    Precisely what he DIDN'T do though did he.

    Regardless of the unbearable pressures being put on him by the hawkish U.S. military leaders of the time.

    But go ahead and put him down, if it helps prop up the human trash bin that inhabits the White House today.
    Dude I don’t know why you took that as putting him down. It was just a historical fact that he was ready and considered doing it. Kennedy has been judged rather saintly because of the bullet. Had he served out his term history may not have been so kind. He made bad calls and did stupid shit like all other presidents plus the fiasco of corrupting the vote would have been more in the front than it was.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    I slept with his wife too

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,072
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Probably wrong. In the words of Byrne 'Same as it ever was'. From Kennedy, to Nixon, to Clinton, to Bush and beyond.

    Kennedy was a junky sermingly with a chronic sex addiction. Charming on the surface, but pretty messed up.

    https://allthatsinteresting.com/jfk-...de-pornography


    I couldn't give less of a shit about his sexual exploits. Fact of the matter was he conducted himself like the fucking President of the United States well enough where you didn't feel embarrassed telling others that he was the President of your country.

    That the bar has been lowered to Earth core levels remains a sad commentary on humanity.
    I disagree. I think he also handled Vietnam like a muppet thus leading to a lot of mess that did not need to happen. The result was America basically going bankrupt a long time after himself of course.


    Disagree all you like. Doesn't stop you from being wrong. Also, I suggest you bone up a little on American history. The Vietnam War postdates Kennedy. Escalation of the war is mostly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson. So in your rush to join the chorus and throw dirt on a President you know zilch about... get your facts straight.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,079
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    599
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Probably wrong. In the words of Byrne 'Same as it ever was'. From Kennedy, to Nixon, to Clinton, to Bush and beyond.

    Kennedy was a junky sermingly with a chronic sex addiction. Charming on the surface, but pretty messed up.

    https://allthatsinteresting.com/jfk-...de-pornography


    I couldn't give less of a shit about his sexual exploits. Fact of the matter was he conducted himself like the fucking President of the United States well enough where you didn't feel embarrassed telling others that he was the President of your country.

    That the bar has been lowered to Earth core levels remains a sad commentary on humanity.
    I disagree. I think he also handled Vietnam like a muppet thus leading to a lot of mess that did not need to happen. The result was America basically going bankrupt a long time after himself of course.


    Disagree all you like. Doesn't stop you from being wrong. Also, I suggest you bone up a little on American history. The Vietnam War postdates Kennedy. Escalation of the war is mostly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson. So in your rush to join the chorus and throw dirt on a President you know zilch about... get your facts straight.
    Conducting himself like a president? He did all the same shit he just didn’t get caught.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,072
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Want to know the REAL trouble....JFK was a Democrat back then. Today where would someone with his views fit?
    Definitely. He was a bit conservative with taxes, got rid of the 90% rate, strong on military, literally thinking of launching the bomb figuring we would lose 30% or so of the US but wipe out Russia

    Precisely what he DIDN'T do though did he.

    Regardless of the unbearable pressures being put on him by the hawkish U.S. military leaders of the time.

    But go ahead and put him down, if it helps prop up the human trash bin that inhabits the White House today.

    Dude I don’t know why you took that as putting him down.

    Who me? C'mon man. It's me you're talking to. I would've thought you knew me better by now. The wording was totally innocent, right?

    It was just a historical fact that he was ready and considered doing it. Kennedy has been judged rather saintly because of the bullet. Had he served out his term history may not have been so kind. He made bad calls and did stupid shit like all other presidents plus the fiasco of corrupting the vote would have been more in the front than it was.

    He never got the chance to serve out his term so I guess we'll never know, right? He took on the war-mongering military heads and assumed the one posture that preserved the world as people knew it back then. Never said he was perfect, if you bothered to read the opening post. Listen.... I get it that you Trumpers will stop at nothing to build up your man at the expense of past Presidents, no matter what. But at least try to retain some sort of objectiveness while you're doing it.


    Thread diverted as usual.

    Beginning to think Fats was right, 9 posts into the thread.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,072
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1661
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Think back on the classical days of classical oratory. The Roman senators the Greek sophists think back on the Renaissance the people of letters the great men and women of scholarliness. We definitely do not have any more of that that is for sure
    @TitoFan Trump couldn't carry their jockstraps

    Second correct thing you've said on this thread. You're on a roll bro.

    Only thing I'd add is there is a conga line of past POTUSes whose jocks Trump wouldn't be able to carry.

    The man is a clown with limited speaking skills, and the personality of a chubby, 5th grade bully.

    Fuck Trump.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,079
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    599
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Want to know the REAL trouble....JFK was a Democrat back then. Today where would someone with his views fit?
    Definitely. He was a bit conservative with taxes, got rid of the 90% rate, strong on military, literally thinking of launching the bomb figuring we would lose 30% or so of the US but wipe out Russia

    Precisely what he DIDN'T do though did he.

    Regardless of the unbearable pressures being put on him by the hawkish U.S. military leaders of the time.

    But go ahead and put him down, if it helps prop up the human trash bin that inhabits the White House today.

    Dude I don’t know why you took that as putting him down.

    Who me? C'mon man. It's me you're talking to. I would've thought you knew me better by now. The wording was totally innocent, right?

    It was just a historical fact that he was ready and considered doing it. Kennedy has been judged rather saintly because of the bullet. Had he served out his term history may not have been so kind. He made bad calls and did stupid shit like all other presidents plus the fiasco of corrupting the vote would have been more in the front than it was.

    He never got the chance to serve out his term so I guess we'll never know, right? He took on the war-mongering military heads and assumed the one posture that preserved the world as people knew it back then. Never said he was perfect, if you bothered to read the opening post. Listen.... I get it that you Trumpers will stop at nothing to build up your man at the expense of past Presidents, no matter what. But at least try to retain some sort of objectiveness while you're doing it.


    Thread diverted as usual.

    Beginning to think Fats was right, 9 posts into the thread.
    I don’t know your reading it wrong. I’ve said nothing about trump just you putting Kennedy on a pedestal in your opening stanza. You are right though, Kennedy did want troops out of Vietnam although there is some debate about it. Remember that was one of the many conspiracy theories on why he was killed. It’s odd tits, when we have brought up Obama’s policies compared to trump you have often stated the comparing of presidents gets old and I have said it’s how presidents are judged, yet here we are. We got off track because facts you don’t like were brought up about Camelot and crew. Would he have been elected if his father didn’t collude to corrupt the vote in the first place.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,406
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Probably wrong. In the words of Byrne 'Same as it ever was'. From Kennedy, to Nixon, to Clinton, to Bush and beyond.

    Kennedy was a junky sermingly with a chronic sex addiction. Charming on the surface, but pretty messed up.

    https://allthatsinteresting.com/jfk-...de-pornography


    I couldn't give less of a shit about his sexual exploits. Fact of the matter was he conducted himself like the fucking President of the United States well enough where you didn't feel embarrassed telling others that he was the President of your country.

    That the bar has been lowered to Earth core levels remains a sad commentary on humanity.
    I disagree. I think he also handled Vietnam like a muppet thus leading to a lot of mess that did not need to happen. The result was America basically going bankrupt a long time after himself of course.


    Disagree all you like. Doesn't stop you from being wrong. Also, I suggest you bone up a little on American history. The Vietnam War postdates Kennedy. Escalation of the war is mostly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson. So in your rush to join the chorus and throw dirt on a President you know zilch about... get your facts straight.
    Kennedy expanded something that could never be finished and the result a decade later was the US so broke it could not commit to the gold standard. Not the best source, but I know my contemporary US history. It is just a fact that Kennedy used chemicals that create cancer on a country which is far worse than anything Assad did not actually do and himself expanded warfare in the region. It was bad judgment.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_in_the_Vietnam_War
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,079
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    599
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Want to know the REAL trouble....JFK was a Democrat back then. Today where would someone with his views fit?
    Definitely. He was a bit conservative with taxes, got rid of the 90% rate, strong on military, literally thinking of launching the bomb figuring we would lose 30% or so of the US but wipe out Russia

    Precisely what he DIDN'T do though did he.

    Regardless of the unbearable pressures being put on him by the hawkish U.S. military leaders of the time.

    But go ahead and put him down, if it helps prop up the human trash bin that inhabits the White House today.

    Dude I don’t know why you took that as putting him down.

    Who me? C'mon man. It's me you're talking to. I would've thought you knew me better by now. The wording was totally innocent, right?

    It was just a historical fact that he was ready and considered doing it. Kennedy has been judged rather saintly because of the bullet. Had he served out his term history may not have been so kind. He made bad calls and did stupid shit like all other presidents plus the fiasco of corrupting the vote would have been more in the front than it was.

    He never got the chance to serve out his term so I guess we'll never know, right? He took on the war-mongering military heads and assumed the one posture that preserved the world as people knew it back then. Never said he was perfect, if you bothered to read the opening post. Listen.... I get it that you Trumpers will stop at nothing to build up your man at the expense of past Presidents, no matter what. But at least try to retain some sort of objectiveness while you're doing it.


    Thread diverted as usual.

    Beginning to think Fats was right, 9 posts into the thread.
    I don’t know your reading it wrong. I’ve said nothing about trump just you putting Kennedy on a pedestal in your opening stanza. You are right though, Kennedy did want troops out of Vietnam although there is some debate about it. Remember that was one of the many conspiracy theories on why he was killed. It’s odd tits, when we have brought up Obama’s policies compared to trump you have often stated the comparing of presidents gets old and I have said it’s how presidents are judged, yet here we are. We got off track because facts you don’t like were brought up about Camelot and crew. Would he have been elected if his father didn’t collude to corrupt the vote in the first place.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,406
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3169
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    That was 1961, now 1962:

    "In South Vietnam, the U.S. had 11,000 'advisers', 300 aircraft, 120 helicopters, heavy weapons, pilots flying combat missions, defoliants, and napalm.[46]"

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_in_the_Vietnam_War
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 11:36 PM
  2. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing