Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,115
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1663
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    It sounds like you're getting just a taaaaaad judgemental but given your hatred and discussed I can easily understand that as I have many times done the same thing in my life. You see I am Fair. I understand The human condition. I understand rage I understand anger I understand human reactions and human behavior and I have compassion and mercy and empathy

    I clearly understand your position. I just don't care too much for hold in such high importance most of the complaints that you're making about Trump. I can easily see how it would upset people however who do hold those things in high regard

    I think Donald Trump is very very funny and very very honest and I also think he hits the nail on the head and a very down-to-earth streetwize Manor. That is something that Obama and other career politicians with shiny shoes and polished teleprompter phony personalities will never be able to do.


    Judgmental? Oh..... was it the "So fucking what" line? Was that what did it?

    Let me give you a friendly tidbit on the English language, seeing as to how you being (cough, snicker)..... "French" and all.

    Judgmental is not when someone's opinion differs from your own. That's just difference of opinion.

    Hope this helps.




    Also.... you (gag, hack) "understand the human condition"? You (these are all direct quotes, by the way)..... (muffled laugh)..... "have compassion and mercy and empathy"?

    So tell me then...... this latest gem from Trump where he trashes a DEAD, former member of Congress, who also happened to be a war veteran..... in front of an adoring, brainwashed public..... cracking jokes of the dead.......

    Does that qualify as compassion and mercy and empathy?




    Please Br...... er......Fats..... don't make me trash your arguments.

    I take no pleasure in ramming B.S. arguments into the ground.
    When u said "...But to confuse being anti-PC with being a bigot, sexist, moronic, off-the-hip insult hurling bully......... well that's being just a taa-a-a-ad shortsighted."...... I thought you were judging me, but maybe I need the context wrong.

    to answer your question I thought it was really funny when he said maybe that lady's husband was looking up instead of looking down. I think that is hysterical. If we cannot laugh at things like that we are taking life way too seriously. But that's just my opinion


    And as I've said, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

    In MY opinion, the phrase "there's a time and a place for everything" exists for a reason.

    I happen to think that having someone show up at someone else's funeral and begin an impromptu roast of the deceased is probably just a ta-a-a-ad (I know you like that word) in bad taste.

    You may have a differing opinion, which is fine.

    Humor is great. Knowing when to use it and when not to is even better.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Trump didn't show up at the funeral and say that he said at a rally

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,115
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1663
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Oh...... that makes it so much more acceptable.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,181
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3005
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Oh...... that makes it so much more acceptable.
    I guess they should impeach him for it then
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,115
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1663
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    I honestly don't give a rat's ass about impeachment. It's still in bad taste, just like everything else that comes out of that big mouth coupled with that feeble brain.

    But....... I guess it IS wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Oh...... that makes it so much more acceptable.
    Tito your kind of dodging right there because you just said two posts before that that showing up at somebody's funeral and roasting the deceased. but Trump did not show up at anybody funeral and roast anybody's deceased. You have to admit you're exaggerating a bit

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

    But....... I guess it IS wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality.
    No no I disagree with that. In fact it is not wrong at all. It is your opinion just like we all have our own and no opinion can be wrong because an opinion by definition is a subjective call.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,115
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1663
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Oh...... that makes it so much more acceptable.
    Tito your kind of dodging right there because you just said two posts before that that showing up at somebody's funeral and roasting the deceased. but Trump did not show up at anybody funeral and roast anybody's deceased. You have to admit you're exaggerating a bit

    I dodged nothing, Fats. Here's my post.


    And as I've said, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

    In MY opinion, the phrase "there's a time and a place for everything" exists for a reason.

    I happen to think that having someone show up at someone else's funeral and begin an impromptu roast of the deceased is probably just a ta-a-a-ad (I know you like that word) in bad taste.

    You may have a differing opinion, which is fine.

    Humor is great. Knowing when to use it and when not to is even better.



    I said "there's a time and a place for everything", then proceeded to provide an example where it is in extremely bad taste to do a roast of the deceased.

    It's an example...... example.

    If examples don't cut it, then suffice it to say that IMO it doesn't matter in what context the joke was made. It's about a deceased person, with full knowledge of his widow, and in public for all to see and hear.

    If you don't think there's anything wrong with that, then good for you. Pass GO... collect $200.

    I think it exhibits extremely poor taste.

    That is all, thanks.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,181
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3005
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I honestly don't give a rat's ass about impeachment. It's still in bad taste, just like everything else that comes out of that big mouth coupled with that feeble brain.

    But....... I guess it IS wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality.
    I don't think so. I just think absence makes the heart grow fonder. You think THIS "Speaking ill of the dead" is bad....John Adams called Alexander Hamilton "The bastard brat of a scotch pedler", Franklin Pierce was called "pimp of the White House", John Quincy Adams called Andrew Jackson's wife an "adulteress" which are actually quite brave words considering Richard Lawrence, who attempted to assassinate President Jackson had 2 pistols misfire (thanks to the damp weather) and Jackson summarily bludgeoned him with his cane. Thomas Jefferson hired a journalist who called John Adams "hermaphriditic", a journalist called Grover Cleveland a "moral leper". And it's not just Americans that have done this...Benjamin Disraeli said of Robert Peel "The right honorable gentleman's smile was like the silver plate on a coffin", Disraeli said of William Ewart Gladstone "If Gladstone fell into the Thames, that would be a misfortune. If anyone were to pull him out, I suppose that would be a calamity". Churchill said of Lloyd George "He would make a drum out of the skin of his own mother in order to sound his own praises"...sooo yeah there's that.

    I think this "Well back in the day, leaders had couth and class" is a nice sentiment, but it's not the truth. If history should teach us anything it's that there's no "The good old days" there's no "Things were more kind then" there's no "people were gentler and held themselves to a higher standard" if anything people were more brutal back then.


    But that's MY take....was Trump wrong for bringing up Dingell? Probably, but no more wrong than Dingell's widow voting for impeachment.....and THAT picture will become more clear in the coming months.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    @TitoFan you gave an example of somebody showing up at a funeral to roast the deceased. it is quite similar to your bringing up the fact that Trump said something about the deceased husband in a derogatory manner. It's not that examples are not acceptable it's that the example you chose is so practically identical to Trump's comment on the deceased that it looked like you were claiming that Trump did it at the guys funeral itself!

    Sheesh, you can be a tough one sometimes.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,088
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    600
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I honestly don't give a rat's ass about impeachment. It's still in bad taste, just like everything else that comes out of that big mouth coupled with that feeble brain.

    But....... I guess it IS wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality.
    I don't think so. I just think absence makes the heart grow fonder. You think THIS "Speaking ill of the dead" is bad....John Adams called Alexander Hamilton "The bastard brat of a scotch pedler", Franklin Pierce was called "pimp of the White House", John Quincy Adams called Andrew Jackson's wife an "adulteress" which are actually quite brave words considering Richard Lawrence, who attempted to assassinate President Jackson had 2 pistols misfire (thanks to the damp weather) and Jackson summarily bludgeoned him with his cane. Thomas Jefferson hired a journalist who called John Adams "hermaphriditic", a journalist called Grover Cleveland a "moral leper". And it's not just Americans that have done this...Benjamin Disraeli said of Robert Peel "The right honorable gentleman's smile was like the silver plate on a coffin", Disraeli said of William Ewart Gladstone "If Gladstone fell into the Thames, that would be a misfortune. If anyone were to pull him out, I suppose that would be a calamity". Churchill said of Lloyd George "He would make a drum out of the skin of his own mother in order to sound his own praises"...sooo yeah there's that.

    I think this "Well back in the day, leaders had couth and class" is a nice sentiment, but it's not the truth. If history should teach us anything it's that there's no "The good old days" there's no "Things were more kind then" there's no "people were gentler and held themselves to a higher standard" if anything people were more brutal back then.


    But that's MY take....was Trump wrong for bringing up Dingell? Probably, but no more wrong than Dingell's widow voting for impeachment.....and THAT picture will become more clear in the coming months.
    Well that’s all I was saying. The world of politics has been scummy for a long time. If we are going to compare let’s do it honestly.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,115
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1663
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    You know guys, the fact that we even have to be discussing this is telling of the state of affairs today, TBH.

    We can sit here all day and go back and forth about the appropriateness or lack thereof of Trump poking fun at a dead former Congressman.

    We can sit here all day and dredge up sins of past Presidents and I'm sure there's plenty.

    But nothing will ever convince me that it's ok to give Trump a pass on everything that comes out of his mouth (or Twitter), just because the economy happens to be doing well at the moment.

    Me..... I want a little more than that from my President. I want someone I can truly respect.... not fear.

    Trump leads by fear (see the images on the OP of the thread).

    Unfortunately, flip-flopper Republicans like Lindsey Graham (who I've never liked from the get-go) actually drive the point home of what people hate in politicians by turning 180° on how he used to talk before.

    My point is crystal clear.

    Whether anyone agrees or not is beside the point.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    I think your point is that for some reason Trump supporters are more blind to the things he does wrong than past supporters of past presidents? For my part even if the economy were not doing so good I would still support pretty much everything he says. To be honest if I think back to before he was elected right up until today December 20th 2019 I don't think there's a single thing that he has said that I have any problem with. Grab them by the pussy? come on it's men's horseshit talk we all did it at one point or another. Maybe he's looking up instead of down? Implying maybe he's in hell instead of heaven? What's so wrong about that? Is it any worse than people severing the head of a trump doll with fake dripping blood? Everybody does this stuff. Was it so bad when he said send them back? When referring to ilhan Omar and talib? Why is that so bad? it's like telling a white American that if he doesn't like the United States to Love it or leave it. You can't really say send him back to somebody like that because he's been here for 300 years and nobody really knows what damn country he's from anymore anyway he's just a white Anglo-Saxon mutt. But we all know clearly that ilhan Omar is a recent arrival from Somalia for example.

    I can't think of a damn thing he said that really riled me up too much at all to be honest.

    I fully understand that you are exasperated and disgusted by things you're hearing from the president that you feel are beneath the dignity of the office of President and I fully appreciate and accept your opinion on that.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,181
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3005
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You know guys, the fact that we even have to be discussing this is telling of the state of affairs today, TBH.
    we don't actually HAVE to discuss it. The media would like to focus on all the negatives of Trump without ever understanding why people vote for him...it does him a disservice. Added to which prior to his run for office, buffoonish though he may have been considered, on the whole, an affable guy, a guy seemingly appreciated by most and now we know that had caveats to it. As long as he stayed in his lane and out of politics unless he was willing to play with the swamp creatures.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We can sit here all day and go back and forth about the appropriateness or lack thereof of Trump poking fun at a dead former Congressman.
    Dingell never said anything nice about Trump. Trump gave him the greatest posthumous honors possible, his widow was very gracious for that...but not so gracious that she didn't vote to impeach Trump on BULLSHIT charges and the more that comes out the more bullshit those charges are going to look.

    There is a reason Trump was upset. We'll soon find out.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We can sit here all day and dredge up sins of past Presidents and I'm sure there's plenty.

    But nothing will ever convince me that it's ok to give Trump a pass on everything that comes out of his mouth (or Twitter), just because the economy happens to be doing well at the moment.
    You were the one calling for a return to the ways of old, the halcyon days of a bygone era where everyone played nice. Let me tell you, THOSE days, those are for when Democrats are in office and a guy in the middle of nowhere flyover country dresses up like the President at a rodeo (as he had done several times before) gets fire for daring impugn the God Emperor Obama ....THAT is where we used to be and where we are now is people testifying in front of Congress openly talking shit about the President's barely teenage son, and then we've got movie stars calling for assassinations and blowing up the White House.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Me..... I want a little more than that from my President. I want someone I can truly respect.... not fear.

    Trump leads by fear (see the images on the OP of the thread).
    The people (politicians and deep staters) who actually literally FEAR Trump, NEED to and DESERVE to.

    You don't FEAR him. You think he's crass, uncouth, buffoonish. If you do fear him, why?


    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Unfortunately, flip-flopper Republicans like Lindsey Graham (who I've never liked from the get-go) actually drive the point home of what people hate in politicians by turning 180° on how he used to talk before.

    My point is crystal clear.

    Whether anyone agrees or not is beside the point.
    I understand people who aren't paying attention to what I'm paying attention to are seeing the surface of what's happening and yeah the surface can get a bit choppy. Trump doesn't back down, he doesn't pull his punches....look what happened to those who HAVE backed down, who HAVE pulled punches....kindness is mistaken for weakness. George W. Bush got run over while in office, like him, hate him, feel indifferent about him, he allowed the Democrats to control the narrative and they ran with it, called him an idiot every chance they got, subverted his administration all the time...The media is on the side of the Democrats (mostly, sometimes Establishment Republicans when it suits them) and they didn't let anything get said of Obama, they didn't hound him with "serious questions" they lobbed softballs at him....Trump is vicious because he has to be, nobody is looking after Trump but Trump, he's smart to punch back because they can dish it out but they can't take it coming back at them.

    I'm not responding to argue I'm responding to inform on how I a Trump supporter see things and you can take or leave them, I don't mind either way, I just wanted to explain my views.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,115
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1663
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You know guys, the fact that we even have to be discussing this is telling of the state of affairs today, TBH.
    we don't actually HAVE to discuss it. The media would like to focus on all the negatives of Trump without ever understanding why people vote for him...it does him a disservice. Added to which prior to his run for office, buffoonish though he may have been considered, on the whole, an affable guy, a guy seemingly appreciated by most and now we know that had caveats to it. As long as he stayed in his lane and out of politics unless he was willing to play with the swamp creatures.

    But see... it's not just the media, Lyle. It's what I've said constantly. When Trump is right there in full, living color... speaking and saying the things he says.... he needs no help from the media to get people to hate him. Also, just because the media puts up with Trump the real estate mogul and Celebrity Apprentice dude.... it honestly doesn't put anyone under any obligation to like the idea of Trump as President.


    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We can sit here all day and go back and forth about the appropriateness or lack thereof of Trump poking fun at a dead former Congressman.
    Dingell never said anything nice about Trump. Trump gave him the greatest posthumous honors possible, his widow was very gracious for that...but not so gracious that she didn't vote to impeach Trump on BULLSHIT charges and the more that comes out the more bullshit those charges are going to look.

    There is a reason Trump was upset. We'll soon find out.

    You can justify Trump being an ass about a dead guy if you want to, bringing up how his wife voted on impeachment. I won't give him a pass for it. He's the POTUS. He should aim his spitballs in the correct direction, and have better common sense than he constantly exhibits (none). He's mad at Mrs. Dingell? Then FFS talk bad about her. Down go the low (gutter) road and bring up dead people. Not a good look for anyone, much less a President. People are pretty numb to that kind of shit from Trump by now, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We can sit here all day and dredge up sins of past Presidents and I'm sure there's plenty.

    But nothing will ever convince me that it's ok to give Trump a pass on everything that comes out of his mouth (or Twitter), just because the economy happens to be doing well at the moment.
    You were the one calling for a return to the ways of old, the halcyon days of a bygone era where everyone played nice. Let me tell you, THOSE days, those are for when Democrats are in office and a guy in the middle of nowhere flyover country dresses up like the President at a rodeo (as he had done several times before) gets fire for daring impugn the God Emperor Obama ....THAT is where we used to be and where we are now is people testifying in front of Congress openly talking shit about the President's barely teenage son, and then we've got movie stars calling for assassinations and blowing up the White House.

    Does anyone actually CARE what Madonna thinks, FFS? Not me. I'm intelligent enough to file Madonna's comments in the proper "file cabinet"..... the toilet. I've consistently railed against movie stars and entertainers talking about stuff they know little to nothing about.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Me..... I want a little more than that from my President. I want someone I can truly respect.... not fear.

    Trump leads by fear (see the images on the OP of the thread).
    The people (politicians and deep staters) who actually literally FEAR Trump, NEED to and DESERVE to.

    You don't FEAR him. You think he's crass, uncouth, buffoonish. If you do fear him, why?

    Some good people fear Trump. You may not know or acknowledge it... but it's true. Waaayyy too many people. People are scared shitless of Trump. Why? Because like the piece of shit he is..... he turns his hate and his revenge on those who DARE disagree with him on ANYTHING. That....... is not the mark of a true leader. That is a characteristic of a dictator. If he could be a dictator, he'd be more than happy with the role. To claim only people who "deserve to" fear Trump is, I'm afraid, not being very connected with reality. And no..... I don't fear Trump. I just hate his guts as a man.


    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Unfortunately, flip-flopper Republicans like Lindsey Graham (who I've never liked from the get-go) actually drive the point home of what people hate in politicians by turning 180° on how he used to talk before.

    My point is crystal clear.

    Whether anyone agrees or not is beside the point.
    I understand people who aren't paying attention to what I'm paying attention to are seeing the surface of what's happening and yeah the surface can get a bit choppy. Trump doesn't back down, he doesn't pull his punches....look what happened to those who HAVE backed down, who HAVE pulled punches....kindness is mistaken for weakness. George W. Bush got run over while in office, like him, hate him, feel indifferent about him, he allowed the Democrats to control the narrative and they ran with it, called him an idiot every chance they got, subverted his administration all the time...The media is on the side of the Democrats (mostly, sometimes Establishment Republicans when it suits them) and they didn't let anything get said of Obama, they didn't hound him with "serious questions" they lobbed softballs at him....Trump is vicious because he has to be, nobody is looking after Trump but Trump, he's smart to punch back because they can dish it out but they can't take it coming back at them.

    I'm not responding to argue I'm responding to inform on how I a Trump supporter see things and you can take or leave them, I don't mind either way, I just wanted to explain my views.

    How the media responds to President is something I'm not qualified to argue. But Bush? He deserved a lot of the shit he got. Only Bush could fritter away the free points he got after 9/11..... and it didn't even take that long. Bush WAS an idiot in many ways, and unfortunately is part of that slide we're still on regarding the qualities of a POTUS. Yes..... that involves Obama too. Surprised? You shouldn't be. I'm not a Democrat, hence have no political axe to grind. Obama made all kinds of mistakes. If the press treated him with kid gloves... again... it's something I don't feel prepared to argue. BTW..... I'm not too fond of the press these days, either.

    I appreciate you expressing your views, and as usual..... we can disagree vehemently on something and still maintain the healthy respect I feel is of paramount importance on any topic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 11:36 PM
  2. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing