Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default חנוכה שמח אלוהים יברך את היהודים Happy hanukah

First blessing:
    בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה אֲדֹנָי אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם אֲשֶׁר קִדְּשָׁנוּ בְּמִצְוֹתָיו וְצִוָּנוּ לְהַדְלִיק נֵר חֲנֻכָּה

Ba-ruch A-tah Ado-nai E-lo-he-nu Me-lech ha-olam a-sher ki-de-sha-nu be-mitz-vo-tav ve-tzi-va-nu le-had-lik ner Cha-nu-kah.
    Blessed are You, Lord our G‑d, King of the universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments, and commanded us to kindle the Chanukah light.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: חנוכה שמח אלוהים יברך את היהודים Happy hanukah

Shabbat tonight then Channuka

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post

Yes that is right after the sun goes down. I think I may have to work tonight but if not I will light the candles on out Menorah. Lighting candles is such a universal thing across religions and has still not last it's connection to the earth and magic. My siblings who are all bar/bat mittzvahed will give gifts and eat special food but that will be it for me. My Mrs and our kids and grandkids our not religious, but because we were born and live in a Christian country we will give gifts at Christmas and have the big family meal etc. She wants to go and hear some Carols so we will maybe go to midnight mass if she is well enough. It was not only the Devil who got the best tunes, so i can appreciate why she would like that. She also used to sing in the choir as a youngster and I love English churches. They are often built on ley lines or the location of pagan sites with a lot of history connecting them. Many of the best (Cathedrals) of course were built with Jewish money.

I will miss my Dad reciting the blessings, his Hebrew and singing/chanting voice is amazing, and it always feels special to here words that have been repeated unbroken over thousands of years. I think he may come and visit next year but Hanukkah will be no more important than Christmas here.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Yes that is right after the sun goes down. I think I may have to work tonight but if not I will light the candles on out Menorah. Lighting candles is such a universal thing across religions and has still not last it's connection to the earth and magic. My siblings who are all bar/bat mittzvahed will give gifts and eat special food but that will be it for me. My Mrs and our kids and grandkids our not religious, but because we were born and live in a Christian country we will give gifts at Christmas and have the big family meal etc. She wants to go and hear some Carols so we will maybe go to midnight mass if she is well enough. It was not only the Devil who got the best tunes, so i can appreciate why she would like that. She also used to sing in the choir as a youngster and I love English churches. They are often built on ley lines or the location of pagan sites with a lot of history connecting them. Many of the best (Cathedrals) of course were built with Jewish money.

I will miss my Dad reciting the blessings, his Hebrew and singing/chanting voice is amazing, and it always feels special to here words that have been repeated unbroken over thousands of years. I think he may come and visit next year but Hanukkah will be no more important than Christmas here.
    For some reason I thought you had said your father lived with you , I mustn't have been listening.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

For some reason I thought you had said your father lived with you , I mustn't have been listening.

No, he comes down and visits and stays with us quite often with my stepmother, and was going to come back to Cornwall ( where he grew up) to retire, but the house he was going to buy in Looe fell through. He still lives up in Kent. In the winter like many pensioners they will often go to Malta or Cyprus where it is warmer.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is your father religious now? Does he go to the synagogue regularly up in Kent?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Jews they are like half Christians.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he has always been and does his prayers and meditations every day whether he is in Israel, Palestine, Iraq or England.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he has always been and does his prayers and meditations every day whether he is in Israel, Palestine, Iraq or England.
    Awesome. I bet in Iraq he goes to the northern part near Kirkuk or Mosul.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure if you have seen it but in Jersey City New Jersey and also in New York New York over the past three weeks there have been two separate murderous attacks on both Hasidic Jews and Orthodox Jews. not that it matters but both attacks were carried out by the Black Hebrew Israelites, a group of African Americans who claim that they are the original Jews and that the Jews such as the hasidics and Orthodox are fake or phony. I don't know where they got this philosophy from but it is beyond sickening and they are still permitted on all street corners in Brooklyn and the Bronx and Jersey City and Newark New Jersey to spout their hatred through megaphones and to harass the passers-by with their garbage and twisted philosophy in a very militant and hostile and aggressive manner. I myself have Tangled with them several times on the streets verbally.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The FBI is now busting their headquarters in the Bronx as we speak

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The suspect in the stabbing attack in a rabbi's home pled not guilty to all charges. Here's what we know about him so far.

ijiang@businessinsider.com (Irene Jiang)
    Business Insider December 29, 2019, 3:38 PM CST

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The suspect in the stabbing attack in a rabbi's home pled not guilty to all charges. Here's what we know about him so far.

"
    The suspect arrested in connection with a stabbing attack in Monsey, New York, Saturday night has pled not guilty to five counts of attempted murder and one count of burglary.
    The suspect allegedly entered a rabbi's home during a Hanukkah celebration, brandished a machete, and injured five people before escaping by car. He was later apprehended by NYPD officers in Harlem, New York, who noticed his clothes were bloody and smelled of bleach. Here's what we know about him so far.
    Grafton E. Thomas, 37, is a resident of Greenwood Lake, New York, where he lives in a house on Lake Drive with his mother, CNN reported. According to public records, Thomas previously lived in Brooklyn, New York.
    Public defender Kristine Ciganek, who is representing Thomas in court, said that he has no criminal record. But records indicate Grafton has been arrested several times before, including one time for punching a police horse.
    Michael Dugandzic, the prosecutor in the case, said that while Thomas had no ties to the community of Monsey, the suspect had been arrested earlier this year for "menacing and reckless endangerment".

https://www.businessinsider.com/hanu...9-12?r=US&IR=T

Grafton E Thomas is clearly a white supremacist in the best of disguises. After Mong in Blazing Saddles, and of course Roberto Duran, he is only the third person i have heard of who felt it necessary to punch a horse. I am not counting George Groves because that was his job.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"
    The suspect arrested in connection with a stabbing attack in Monsey, New York, Saturday night has pled not guilty to five counts of attempted murder and one count of burglary.
    The suspect allegedly entered a rabbi's home during a Hanukkah celebration, brandished a machete, and injured five people before escaping by car. He was later apprehended by NYPD officers in Harlem, New York, who noticed his clothes were bloody and smelled of bleach. Here's what we know about him so far.
    Grafton E. Thomas, 37, is a resident of Greenwood Lake, New York, where he lives in a house on Lake Drive with his mother, CNN reported. According to public records, Thomas previously lived in Brooklyn, New York.
    Public defender Kristine Ciganek, who is representing Thomas in court, said that he has no criminal record. But records indicate Grafton has been arrested several times before, including one time for punching a police horse.
    Michael Dugandzic, the prosecutor in the case, said that while Thomas had no ties to the community of Monsey, the suspect had been arrested earlier this year for "menacing and reckless endangerment".

https://www.businessinsider.com/hanu...9-12?r=US&IR=T

Grafton E Thomas is clearly a white supremacist in the best of disguises. After Mong in Blazing Saddles, and of course Roberto Duran, he is only the third person i have heard of who felt it necessary to punch a horse. I am not counting George Groves because that was his job.
    It was MONGO from Blazing saddles not Mong
    Attached Images
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information