Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why Labour got destroyed....

I don't usually enjoy The Guardian as it is full of activists like Owen Jones, but occasionally a piece will come along and it hits the homerun. This is one such article.

Labour set in motion its own decline ever since Blair came to power. His huge win was about votes taken from Tories and traditional Labour voters did not vote for the open borders, wars, or economic collapse Labour would preside over.

Ordinary revolt was in bloom long before Corbyn and the party had abandoned the traditional working classes long ago. The article points out that despite Corbyn's efforts there was still no discussion on migration or a cohesive EU policy and after 20 years the electorate stuck it to them.

Good to see the Tony Benn point I have raised on many an occasion.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ment-136781793

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Labour got destroyed....

Buckingham Palace released photographs on Saturday of the Queen and the three immediate members of the line of succession as they prepared traditional Christmas puddings. Prince George, 6, has been the focus of attention for his older relatives as he stirred pudding mixture in a bowl.

In America, on average, seniors still in the workforce predict they won’t fully retire until 73 years old, with over 70% citing financial reasons, according to a recent study by Provision Living. The survey asked 11,032 people between the ages of 65 and 85 who currently work either full-time or part-time.

Besides those two little tidbits I will tell you why the labor got destroyed:

It is in absolute fucking fact the desire to borrow and spend that has sealed the fate of every Labour government in history. Each Labour period ended, as far as my research goes, in absolute economic failure and sky fucking high public borrowing.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Buckingham Palace released photographs on Saturday of the Queen and the three immediate members of the line of succession as they prepared traditional Christmas puddings. Prince George, 6, has been the focus of attention for his older relatives as he stirred pudding mixture in a bowl.

In America, on average, seniors still in the workforce predict they won’t fully retire until 73 years old, with over 70% citing financial reasons, according to a recent study by Provision Living. The survey asked 11,032 people between the ages of 65 and 85 who currently work either full-time or part-time.

It is in absolute fucking fact the desire to borrow and spend that has sealed the fate of every Labour government in history. Each Labour period ended, as far as my research goes, in absolute economic failure and sky fucking high public borrowing.
    The Tories borrowed more than they said they would.! Labour fucked up because of Brexit over 3 years of in limbo hung parliament nothing getting done.
    Also they forgot about the democratic vote to leave which most of the MPs ignored well over 3/4 MPs were remaine .
    People fed up sick to the teeth of Brexit it's been a joke.
    Labour have to rebuild fuck off Corbyn and his followers please let's not have a Corbyn clone.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    corbyn clone
    all alone
    please go home
    corbyn clone
    typical french poem francaise
    wtf 😆

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is good you are reading the Guardian.

Boris calling an early election really hurt Labour during this election. It did not give Labour enough time to expose Tory about their austerity cuts.

The position on Brexit destroyed it as well. Trying to appease the remainders but deserting the hardcore Labour brexit supporters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post

The Tories borrowed more than they said they would.! Labour fucked up because of Brexit over 3 years of in limbo hung parliament nothing getting done.
    Also they forgot about the democratic vote to leave which most of the MPs ignored well over 3/4 MPs were remaine .
    People fed up sick to the teeth of Brexit it's been a joke.
    Labour have to rebuild fuck off Corbyn and his followers please let's not have a Corbyn clone.
    More people voted for Corbyn thsn voted for Blair when he was made PM. If you think will ever be elected again without those 10 million you are wrong I am afraid.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Boris calling an early election really hurt Labour during this election. It did not give Labour enough time to expose Tory about their austerity cuts.

The position on Brexit destroyed it as well. Trying to appease the remainders but deserting the hardcore Labour brexit supporters.
    Of course but it was a no brainer Brexit was the issue people could not see the wood for the trees. The Tories can steam roll anything they like ! Corbyn was and is one of the poorest leaders Labour ever had come on master plus Diane Abbott thick as pig shit.
    I mean Borris is a inbred idiot who can't keep his cock in his pants and he absolutely fucked Corbyn and co.
    Pretty sad for the Labour party indeed a disastrous election.Corbyn should have gone when he could not beat Teresa May even weaker than Borris.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes labour really are a shower arent they.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read it just for the comedy value, but that article slipped through and I enjoyed it.

El Kabong Guest

What happened? Get Woke Go Broke, that's what happened!

Corbyn and Momentum fed the extreme left and forgot the Center, they forgot the working man, the blue collar workers, the actual citizens. Many a free thinking pundit saw Corbyn bow/cater to all of Britain's rivals and opponentsbe it the IRA, the EU, Palestine, ISIS Al Qaeda, whomever he always was on the side against Britain....apparently other people took note of that.

And of course I'll get called out for not being British, but I've got eyes and ears I can take notice of things and on this site alone you've had lifelong Labour supporters just come on here and state they couldn't stomach Corbyn and wouldn't vote for him AND they wanted Brexit solved regardless of how they cast their vote on the referendum.

So call me what you will (single poster with whom nobody ever has issues) but what I see is only the truth.....4th general election in a row and now the biggest loss since 1935....perhaps it's time to return to the old drawing board. Also even THAT poster admitted to not voting Labour, WHY? Were they not woke enough?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main issue was Brexit and Labour were never going to win the election. Sure they could have got closer but they were going to lose.

Corbyn nearly won 2017 when he was still a terrorist sympathiser, loony left antisemitic Marxist nutter that the right wing press labeled him.

El Kabong Guest

The main issue was Brexit and Labour were never going to win the election. Sure they could have got closer but they were going to lose.

Corbyn nearly won 2017 when he was still a terrorist sympathiser, loony left antisemitic Marxist nutter that the right wing press labeled him.
    'member when I asked "Why don't they just call for a general election?" ....well this was why.

Corbyn IS all of those things and if he isn't Momentum most certainly IS and Corbyn is 100% tied to Momentum.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

'member when I asked "Why don't they just call for a general election?" ....well this was why.

Corbyn IS all of those things and if he isn't Momentum most certainly IS and Corbyn is 100% tied to Momentum.
    This was the reason why Labour did not want an early general election because it would be all about Brexit which hides the inequalities that the Tories had created over the past 9 years.

No labour leader could have won that election.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

This was the reason why Labour did not want an early general election because it would be all about Brexit which hides the inequalities that the Tories had created over the past 9 years.

No labour leader could have won that election.
    All about Brexit = All about following through and governing by the will of the people. The people wanted Brexit and come hell or high water they're going to get their Brexit....being dismissive of it (the politicians not you) is what cost them in the end and it wasn't ONLY Brexit they were dismissive of. It's immigration, it's endless wars, it's factories and industry....one side has workers the other side has protesters. The protesters have been loudest but apparently there are more folks interested in work, communities, and the Armed Forces rather than whinging about "muh extinction rebellion" and intersectionality.

Labour is apparently STILL in need of a wake up call....the Democrats are no different here by the way. The whole attitude of "We're on the right side of history" is just too much....the hubris on display has been astounding.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeremy Corbyn's pronouns are "has" & "been"

Thread Information