Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can Trump stop CHINA in 2020? Scary stuff

A Chinese hacking group believed to operate on behalf of the Beijing government has learned how to bypass two-factor authentication (2FA) in attacks on 10 governments and industry targets, ZDNet reported on Monday.

The group, known as APT20, has reportedly sought to compromise VPN credentials that would grant them heightened levels of access across their victims’ networks, according to ZDNet, citing a new report from Dutch cyber-security firm Fox-IT.

While bypassing 2FA is not unheard of, the sophistication required on the perpetrator’s part means such attacks are relatively rare. It’s not entirely clear how APT20 pulled it off. However, ZDNet reported on one theory:

They said APT20 stole an RSA SecurID software token from a hacked system, which the Chinese actor then used on its computers to generate valid one-time codes and bypass 2FA at will.

Normally, this wouldn’t be possible. To use one of these software tokens, the user would need to connect a physical (hardware) device to their computer. The device and the software token would then generate a valid 2FA code. If the device was missing, the RSA SecureID software would generate an error.

***TRUMP IS DOING RIGHT TO HARRASS CHINA, WHICH IS THE DARLING OF THE LEFTY RADICALS MARXIST LUNATICS***

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Trump stop CHINA in 2020? Scary stuff

China scares me too. Quietly but efficiently, they're investing in infrastructure all around the world. They're strengthening their position on a daily basis, to the point where at some point they'll bypass the U.S. in many critical areas, if they haven't done so already. The problem is... and the difference between some of you and me... is that I just don't feel Trump is the person to go toe-to-toe with China successfully and gain any sort of advantage. Granted.... I'm fully aware that the past two or three Presidents have done a horseshit job in dealing with China, thus bringing us to where we are today. But Trump isn't that person either, long-term. The U.S. needs a President adept at foreign affairs, with the skills and knowledge and personality needed to deal with the Xi Jinping's of the world. Jinping isn't some bozo that can be manipulated or rattled by Trump. It's probably more the other way around. These savvy, veteran world leaders play Trump like a violin, knowing full well his personality traits and weaknesses. Suck up to Trump when it's convenient, and you have him fawning all over you... claiming hollow victories like he has with Kim Jong-Un. Let's face it... no matter how good people like to think Trump is as a businessman... he just doesn't have the wherewithal to deal with the heavy hitters in the global arena. He doesn't listen to counsel and does whatever the hell he feels like doing. He trashes his own intelligence, much to the amusement and delight of these other world powers. His ego needs constant stroking, which is a major weakness. Since Day One I said Trump's biggest downfall would be the foreign affairs arena. I wasn't wrong. Trump has alienated allies, and emboldened enemies. His fans don't see it that way, because they're fully invested in Trump and like Trump himself famously said... "He could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue, and his fans wouldn't care." Funny at the time..... tragic for a long time now. Give Trump his props in what he does right. But he's playing with fire if he things he can outmaneuver and out negotiate China. Plus.... he's got a conga line of powerful nations just itching to see the U.S. fall. Not a good feeling.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you're absolutely correct the guy has absolutely no experience in international diplomacy because he was just a businessman up until he was elected president. But I do think that you can apply those skills to international situations in relatively the same degree of effectiveness. I mean think about it his deal is basically that you make deals with people. If the deal doesn't go your way you just walk away from the deal. it seems oversimplify but it's actually true every single time you can literally take that into any deal with China or North Korea or Russia or whatever or whoever and you put your terms on the table and after negotiations if it is not to your liking your simply get up and walk. Your opponent will not know if you are bluffing or if you are actually walking away from it. I think he has a very good intuition about these things and I don't think they can play him as easily as you think they can.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

China is just reestablishing their place in the world since they moved away from communism over the last 20 years.

Russia is the other serious concern but really this is just a lot of " fronting" and nothing serious will happen if they use their common sense.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

China - Saudi Crown Prince - Trump - Pals

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...xzaQN4Dqk-3HWo
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump❤️Saudi makes me sick.

Trump HATES China makes me 😀😍😄

Thread Information