Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PDC world darts

Wright won the final but I was watching the football. He was one dart away from being knocked out of the first round and finally wins a final. Nice one for him and Scotland.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pleased for wright. He's fallen at the final hurdle so many times. Took advantage of MVG mistakes this time which has often happened the other way round.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the worst case of thread hijack I've ever been the victim of in my 19 years here by the way.

You cunts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No darts post for 3 years - whattttttt ?!?

Did anyone see the final. Incredible standard. MVG lost his way a bit in the latter sets and from then on it was inevitable. He has not come the dominant force I thought he would - still the best player on his day mind and the standard across the board is now much higher rather than just the handful of elite.

Fair play to Smith he's been there or there abouts for a while.

AND who will ever forget the greatest leg of darts we have ever seen. Can never be surpassed only equalled - like Alex Higgins 69 clearance in 1982 will be one of those things I watch on Youtube religiously two or three times per year.

Last edited by Mark TKO; 01-05-2023 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Did anyone see the final. Incredible standard. MVG lost his way a bit in the latter sets and from then on it was inevitable. He has not come the dominant force I thought he would - still the best player on his day mind and the standard across the board is now much higher rather than just the handful of elite.

AND who will ever forget the greatest leg of darts we have ever seen. Can never be surpassed only equalled - like Alex Higgins 69 clearance in 1982 will be one of those things I watch on Youtube religiously two or three times per year.

Yeah I never watched the final and then I watched that leg on YouTube I was just gobsmacked! Totally amazing. Then I was gutted that I hadn’t watched the final.

In the earlier rounds , I don’t know the guy’s name , but he wore ear defenders. I reckon he made himself look a prick and it backfired a bit.
    I understand why he did it , and he would have had a small point……..if it wasn’t for the fact that when he won a leg, he would celebrate and stick his tongue out antagonising the crowd!
    A bit hypocritical really.
    My personal opinion is that everyone knows what the Ally Pally is like for the Worlds, so perhaps he should’ve practiced with the stereo on full blast to acclimatise.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the greatest athletic performances I have ever seen.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Yeah I never watched the final and then I watched that leg on YouTube I was just gobsmacked! Totally amazing. Then I was gutted that I hadn’t watched the final.

In the earlier rounds , I don’t know the guy’s name , but he wore ear defenders. I reckon he made himself look a prick and it backfired a bit.
    I understand why he did it , and he would have had a small point……..if it wasn’t for the fact that when he won a leg, he would celebrate and stick his tongue out antagonising the crowd!
    A bit hypocritical really.
    My personal opinion is that everyone knows what the Ally Pally is like for the Worlds, so perhaps he should’ve practiced with the stereo on full blast to acclimatise.
    That was gerwyn price, former professional rugby player and was ranked number 1 in the world before this tournament, won the world title once too... I find him an extremely arrogant thin skinned bellend, any game he losses is a good game in my opinion....errr no offence gerwyn...probably can't hear me anyway!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirklaind - you're right about athletic for sure.

Sport though

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirklaind - you're right about athletic for sure.

Sport though
    The darts athletes are the fittest athletes in all of sports particularly since they stopped smoking while playing.

I can't find many videos of them drinking while playing and nothing worth posting but I remember the sponsors tried to stop it altogether after the first year of TV coverage. Probably explains it.

There's one though. Jocky falls off stage at the end.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you believe the drinking whilst playing was banned 34 years ago....

I've said it before. Pistol shooting, clay pigeon shooting, curling etc..... All sports

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said it before. Pistol shooting, clay pigeon shooting, curling etc..... All sports
    I agree, Pistol shooting, Clay pigeon shooting even boring curling would be much improved by allowing the competitors to get properly tanked up whilst playing.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I’m not sure whether you would Darts,Snooker, or even Golf sports nor whether you call them athletes.
    But to be honest, I don’t care.
    They deserve massive respect, and if someone were to criticise them, I would just say “can you do a 9 dart 501, or a 147 Break or even a hole in one?
    Whether it’s a sport or a pastime , these guys are professional and have worked exceptionally hard to get to where they got.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep you can easily separate athletes from sportsmen.

You could win world darts championship in early 80s with an 86 average.

Doubt you'd even qualify for it now with that
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 01-08-2023 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I agree, Pistol shooting, Clay pigeon shooting even boring curling would be much improved by allowing the competitors to get properly tanked up whilst playing.
    For it to be true sport they all need to be pissed up, shooting and smoking at the same time.

And for the avoidance of all doubt, fat blokes throwing tungsten darts at a board is not in any way a sport. It just is not.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, darts players look pretty sweaty and I associate sports and athletics with sweatiness...so on that basis I'm voting darts as an athletic sport... Just look at the weight Barney lost over the years :S...and Andy Fordham too!....

Thread Information